Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone reading THAT book?

(211 Posts)
merlotgran Wed 12-Aug-20 10:13:17

Me neither! grin

It's been nigh on impossible to avoid comments and opinions in the media but I do agree that if Harry and Meghan have not colluded with the authors why aren't they suing the pants off them?

Lexisgranny Wed 12-Aug-20 12:35:53

Just one question if this book contains a note today that theyhave spoken with the authors of this book, why aren’t this litigious couple suing them?

Jane43 Wed 12-Aug-20 12:42:59

The passages I have read are beyond ridiculous and portray Meghan as perfect in every way, no flaws whatsoever. I suppose the book is taking the focus away from Prince Andrew which should please The Queen.

Calendargirl Wed 12-Aug-20 12:45:55

DD has bought it, and says it is so obviously written by Meghan, or has given loads of info to the ‘real’ authors.

Anniebach Wed 12-Aug-20 12:47:29

There is no focus on Andrew now, unless Giuffie is about to
release another interview

Smileless2012 Wed 12-Aug-20 12:53:43

Attributed to Thomas Moor during his trial for treason, to Richard Rich 'It profits not a man to sell his soul for the whole world; but for Wales'.

Made me think 'it profits not a man or woman to sell their soul for the whole world; but a book!!!!'.

sodapop Wed 12-Aug-20 13:17:43

Read a few excerpts from the book, think I'll stick with Janet & John.

Bluebellwould Wed 12-Aug-20 14:42:22

I don’t get the title page, ‘the making of a modern royal family’. They’re not still part of the royal family are they really? Maybe by blood, but not by profession or location. I’m baffled why they still put that.

AllotmentLil Wed 12-Aug-20 14:47:11

Nope, not even for £1!!

Urmstongran Wed 12-Aug-20 15:19:03

Not the least bit interested. I also skip any articles about them in the newspapers. They are an irrelevance now as far as I’m concerned.

tidyskatemum Wed 12-Aug-20 15:21:43

I think there was far more than enough in all the excerpts in the papers. I was really annoyed that my subscription money was going on this drivel.

ginny Wed 12-Aug-20 15:26:22

I won’t be buy img or reading even if they were giving it away free.

Callistemon Wed 12-Aug-20 15:39:17

Bluebellwould

I don’t get the title page, ‘the making of a modern royal family’. They’re not still part of the royal family are they really? Maybe by blood, but not by profession or location. I’m baffled why they still put that.

Well, I think they've helped achieve what most of us wanted, which is a slimmed down monarchy, as they've jumped ship.

Thank you Meghan and Harry. At least you got something right.

Chewbacca Wed 12-Aug-20 16:48:35

Love it! grin

merlotgran Wed 12-Aug-20 16:55:46

The Terry Wogan version!

What a shame he's no longer around to add his comments. grin

Anniebach Wed 12-Aug-20 17:14:52

It will sell well in America

ladymuck Wed 12-Aug-20 17:22:04

They have been stuffed down our throats since they defected. Roll on the day when we will say..."Meghan who"?

Kamiso Wed 12-Aug-20 17:29:52

I didn’t have Harry down as a liar so I was wrong there.

It seems Harry was impressed that MM packed sunburn cream and tea tree oil in her suitcase. My first holiday with OH I was 19 and packed all of my makeup and most of my wardrobe. Sadly my OH was not the least bit impressed!

No need to buy it as most of it seems to be in the papers and on the news already. If anyone wants to buy it I am sure it will be in Poundland before too long.

grannysyb Wed 12-Aug-20 17:43:56

The Times had excerpts from it over several days. Most comments asked why they were doing this, mine said why they had published this when it was something I would have expected to see in the Sun!

sodapop Wed 12-Aug-20 17:50:32

The Terry Wogan version of Janet & John was so funny Merlotgran better than anything H & M can dredge up.

welbeck Wed 12-Aug-20 19:53:05

i couldn't give a flying faucet.

Callistemon Wed 12-Aug-20 19:58:16

sodapop

The Terry Wogan version of Janet & John was so funny Merlotgran better than anything H & M can dredge up.

Even the real Janet and John!
And Pat the dog.

merlotgran Thu 13-Aug-20 09:21:22

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8621941/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markles-paid-14-7M-sprawling-Santa-Barbara-estate.html

Got to hand it to Meghan. If this is the result of 'hitting the ground running,' it hasn't taken her long.

Anniebach Thu 13-Aug-20 10:13:02

Surely ‘hitting the ground running’ means - you have landed
face down on the ground .

Their neighbour, Oprah, if they had stayed at Frogmore their
neighbour would have been The Queen, expect Meg thinks she has moved up socially.

cupaffull Thu 13-Aug-20 10:15:22

Not me, canna be bothered tbh.....

wendyann23 Thu 13-Aug-20 10:18:15

Not bothered and can’t see why anyone would pay good money to read such drivel.