Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Sat 15-Aug-20 06:14:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Is dull grey and wet start here in Brackley this morning .
I will continue my usual buses to Buckingham and bicester today .
When I get home it will be to watch two cycle races on TV , its great watching them , but in general the sporting calendar regardless of the sport is all out of sequence as to the normal yearly programmes each sport has.
Take Care ,
Mick

EllanVannin Sat 15-Aug-20 09:50:57

MawB, she's beautiful. What a loving pet and a pal in much needed times.

Serendipity22 Sat 15-Aug-20 09:56:49

Goooooood morning everyone from Yorkshire, its cloudy but lovely and cool.

Marydoll I really hope the your visit to the supermarket doesn't cause you any upset, considering you haven't been out since March and we are now half way through August I can fully understand your apprehension...flowers

Today I am doing some sewing, taking a few things in, 3 items for a friend, 1 top for me and repairing a pair of leggings for my granddaughter, then were going out for a drive to Tadcaster never been before.

Enjoy your day everyone smile

maydonoz Sat 15-Aug-20 09:58:06

Good morning all from a wet and overcast Welwyn.
We're just waiting for the rain to ease up before taking a bus to our Aldi store. DH has decided to return his sports shoes as they're slightly big, they don't do half sizes there. At least it will be a trip out in the fresh air and I'm sure we'll find other things to buy as well.
Have a pleasant, restful day everyone, it is weekend after all.

Nortsat Sat 15-Aug-20 10:05:33

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a cool, damp east London. I think our garden must be breathing a sigh of relief, at the arrival of some rain.

Did my online grocery order extra early this morning, hoping there would be less demand on their website. I usually do the order on a Saturday afternoon, but the website slows right down, causing me huge frustration.
It was marginally more efficient at 7.30am than it generally is at 5.30pm.

Bit of housework and a bit of gardening for us today.
Good wishes to our absent friends ?, have a good day all. ?

Kate54 Sat 15-Aug-20 10:06:35

‘We had a dhobi until we got a twin tub’ GrandMattie’s comment, worthy of Alan Bennett on top form, really cheered me up when I was feeling a bit low over the porridge, having returned home from two weeks largely carefree holiday. Keep up the good work,Goodmorningers!

Grammaretto Sat 15-Aug-20 10:11:30

Morning all from dreary Scottish Border country. So it's you who've got all the sun today Taichinan!

Ellanvannin did you ever discover what was going on in the street?

MaryDoll I hope you enjoy or have enjoyed your first trip out shopping. As long as I go before 9am it is never crowded.

I was in Lidl at first light buying ladies' pyjamas for my DH. After his hospital sojourn he isn't able to fit into his usual trousers. The men's were all too huge.

Farview ouch!!!

We get sent scary videos of DGD paddling a solo kayak on a Scottish Loch . She's only 5 and this is bad for my heart.

Have a lovely weekend all of you and special wishes to those who are absent. See you soon.

Stilllearning Sat 15-Aug-20 10:14:41

Good morning from a cloudy South Lanarkshire after an absolutely glorious day yesterday. Managed a ‘proper’ walk with two friends, the first in months other than ‘exercise’ marches! There are lovely walks in this area but can be very quiet and I have been reluctant to go on my own so yesterday was a real treat, wishing a good day to all x

GrannySomerset Sat 15-Aug-20 10:29:56

Hope Tesco were ready for Marydoll! Greyish, dampish and sticky in North Somerset so an indoor day. House plants need some loving care and I have an unread Elizabeth George book to start so things could be worse. Hoping for a day without running the washing machine but DH is not predictable so who knows?

Lovely fabric, Gillybob, and a lovely project. Just what is needed and the owner/occupier will be delighted.

NfkDumpling Sat 15-Aug-20 10:50:53

Morning All

Grey, overcast and decidedly chilly here in the north of Norfolk. Still no rain, just a bit of dampness in the atmosphere every now and again.

No plans and nothing much to do today which is fortunate as DH had a bad night last night and is asleep. I may just curl up with Hilary Mantel.

Jayt Sat 15-Aug-20 11:30:33

Good morning from the sunny warm Moray Firth. Sitting in the conservatory with DH , enjoying coffee and admiring the flowers in the garden. Lots of young sparrows around, I think there has been a second hatching recently. Feeling very smug because I did all the ironing before Coffee time. Unfortunately, will have to go out for groceries in a little while but as long as I remember my mask all should be well. Happy weekend everyone

BladeAnnie Sat 15-Aug-20 11:54:16

A very late good morning from an overcast and much cooler (thankfully) mid-Notts. We had a lovely day for DGDs first birthday yesterday. She is an absolute delight and so interested in everything- especially the boxes and wrapping paper!! Mr BA has gone out to cut the hedge and I'm planning a quiet day. Bbq hopefully later. Anyone looking for a new Netflix series I can recommend The Fall. We finished the 3rd and last series last night and it was excellent. Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

aggie Sat 15-Aug-20 12:57:43

Good afternoon , bit late , fighting with printer , got it to print black , but not the colour and I need colour to share a picture ,
Anyway , just been told I am getting a trip to Lidl on Monday ! Happy days ?

EllanVannin Sat 15-Aug-20 13:04:10

Grammaretto, not a sausage. Very few around from my locality this morning but I'll nail somebody before long as I'm eager to know myself what went on.
As soon as I get wind of what went on with all the screaming I'll be letting you know on the morning thread.

I certainly wouldn't have said that nobody heard it as the noise would have wakened the dead.

MellowYellow Sat 15-Aug-20 14:07:57

Four pairs of curtains gillybob?! That's quite a playhouse. I've only got two pairs of curtains in my flat ha ha. Love the fabric. She's a very blessed little girl.