Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Fri 21-Aug-20 06:12:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy and grey but very windy , looks like Storm Ellen is closing in.
Today , usual early shop ,and then I have a visit from my chiropodist.
Then it will be a quite day in the forecast for the weather is right today.
Take Care
Mick

Pantglas2 Fri 21-Aug-20 06:23:25

Morning everyone from a dark Espana where I’ve just filled the chamberpot ☕️😂 (ooh I did like typing that!)

A bizzee weekend coming up which is why I’ve been nowhere for the last few days! A birthday lunch with friends (he’s 73) then another belated birthday bash this evening so that’s two different frocks 💃to wear in one day - Lordy!

Look forward to seeing Gillybob’s Friday girl and hope everyone has a good day to start the weekend especially those not feeling so special at the moment 💐

cornergran Fri 21-Aug-20 06:41:17

Morning Mick, morning All from a far too windy corner of Somerset. All sorts of things hurtling round the garden. Need to call the GP surgery so will be in the queue shortly after 8, hopefully get through before click and collect excitement at 10. Not sure what else, see how the day goes. Take care everyone.

mumofmadboys Fri 21-Aug-20 06:47:37

Raining ++ in Cumbria. Cooler too. About to go out cycling. I know it's mad but if I miss a day I'll find it hard to keep up the discipline of a daily ride. I do feel better for it and have lost 8 lbs. Have a good day everyone and thinking of those with worries or illnesses.

Jaxjacky Fri 21-Aug-20 07:01:56

Morning all, the wind woke me up during the night and it’s blowing a hooley on the south coast. Hair colouring today (by me) I had about four inches chopped off on Monday, at home..windows and patio door open; both masked. So, the colour should be interesting and quicker to apply, it’s only an ash blonde, nothing exciting.
Lifted main crop spuds yesterday, disappointingly small, lack of rain I think.
Have the best day you can all.

Beechnut Fri 21-Aug-20 07:11:57

Good Morning everyone from a cloudy Severnside.

The trees and bushes are doing a merry dance. While making my cuppa I spied a crisp packet and a Tesco bag on the patio. Nothing to do with my rubbish. Next door are having some work done on the roof area so the tarps are flapping and some wood lengths have fallen over on our two drives.

You did make me laugh with your frock changing Pantglas. Enjoy your celebrations 🎉

I’m going to do some crafting today with a heart shape and folk art.

Have a good day all and be careful 💨

Greyduster Fri 21-Aug-20 07:18:43

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey day in South Yorkshire and the branches are certainly bending this morning. We had a day out yesterday in the sunshine, and we did kick the backside out of the walking a bit, so it will be no hardship staying in today. GS and his dad are calling round at some point. They’re bringing their car roofbox round to store in our garage. We got rid of a redundant tumble dryer to make room for it. One out, one in! Have a good day folks and stay safe.

Grammaretto Fri 21-Aug-20 07:23:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. We had our windy day yesterday. It seems calm at the mo.
I'm meeting a friend at the garden centre for lunch. 2 firsts for me: eating out and a bus trip. She has been in Spain for months so we'll have plenty to talk about. Urmston has made me an expert!! wink
DH had a better night.
Happy Friday to everyone.

brook2704 Fri 21-Aug-20 07:24:17

Good morning everyone from Cambridge where is dry and windy! Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day 😎
Today I’d booked tickets to take 3 year old DGS to a local NT property but got a cancellation email late yesterday saying the property wasn’t opening due to the high winds forecast so I’m not sure where we’re going yet... will think of somewhere!
Enjoy your crafting today beechnut it sounds interesting and hope your celebrations go well pantglas!
Take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Gingster Fri 21-Aug-20 07:35:44

Good morning from a blustery Suffolk coast. I think we all have the wind today.

Yesterday we took out neighbour for fish and chips at the cafe just down the beach from us. It was busy but well organised. We sat with another neighbour and her friend. Coooo could she talk!

In the evening we had our book club on the beach. It was such a beautiful evening and we sat there chatting and discussing the book we have just read. Very enjoyable.

I’ve booked tickets to see Summerland at the cinema on Sunday. I booked and paid for a ticket back in July when they re opened, but I chickened out at the last minute. I e heard it’s well organised and spaced out so I will be brave and go along. The cinema usually seat 250 but is only accommodating 60 at the moment.

Have a good day everyone. 🌺

NannyJan53 Fri 21-Aug-20 07:50:29

Good Morning from a very windy Black Country, albeit sunny and dry at the moment.

DGD aged 16 received her GSCE results. She rang me to give me the news. She did very well. They are all numbers now, but they were all equivalent of A*, A's B's and a C. She had already been offered a place at 6th Form, so the hard work starts again soon!

DGD2 had a lovely 12th birthday, a picnic with a cake in Cardingmill Valley. Then there is the small family gathering to look forward to tomorrow. I can remember the day she was born like yesterday. Those 12 years have sped by far too fast.

On the way home yesterday afternoon, I popped in to visit my ex Manager (who lives near Mum). In the garden of course! We had a good old chat, and 2 hours were gone in a flash.

Housework today, as we are going away for 6 days in the caravan Sunday to Forest of Dean. Need to ring NP as they have sent me a bill for a property I rent out. It was empty for a month until the new tenant moved in, and the bill is £60! Rather a generous over estimation I think

Wishing everyone a good day

Urmstongran Fri 21-Aug-20 07:51:57

Sun’s up here! 🌞🌞
Good morning everyone from Malaga 😎

Did I say autumn was on its way? The weather must’ve heard me - we have 34°C today and a spike of 37°C tomorrow! Oo-er.

I slept my best sleep in ages last night. No alcohol for a couple of days makes all the difference! Shame I enjoy it I’m sure I’d be better off without it.

Have fun at your parties pleural today Pantglas! And chatting to your friend back from Spain Grammaretto - well done too for deciding to get on a bus like Mick and eat out.
😊

Sounds as though you’re having fun at your daughter’s brook I hope you aren’t needing to borrow too many cardigans from your daughter!

Well done momb with your determination to be cycling even though it’s raining. That weight loss must be a great motivator. Maybe I need a bike ...
😂

No plans for me today. The beds are stripped and in the washer as I tap this message out.

Hope Friday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Sar53 Fri 21-Aug-20 07:52:05

Good morning everyone from a very windy but bright Leamington Spa.
DD1 and DGD1 and I went into town yesterday, perused the shops and had lunch at a favourite cafe.
Today DGD1 is visiting her new school this afternoon for a couple of hours. DGD2 is filming her Stagecoach production, no live audiences allowed and DGD3, mum and I are meeting some of the other children she will be starting school with in the park. It's all go here today.
Have a lovely day and stay safe everyone xx

Oopsadaisy4 Fri 21-Aug-20 07:58:54

Good morning everyone from a windy, but sunny now, Oxfordshire, hope the rain stays away, but I did tidy the garden yesterday and put away anything that might fly around in the winds today.
GD has excellent GCSE results yesterday all As and A* plus she had her Foreign Language exam back in February and got an A for that too, she’s consistently got high marks through her years at her school so we aren’t too surprised, but 6 th form awaits, she has changed her hair colour so her friends didn’t recognise her, she has gone from a young schoolgirl to a young lady since March!
It’s my birthday today, made myself a cake as one didn’t seem to be forthcoming from anywhere else, so I’ll enjoy coming off of the diet for today, take away curry tonight.
Have a good day everybody and stay safe.

NanKate Fri 21-Aug-20 08:02:50

Morning Mick and All.

A cloudy day in South Bucks.

I hear the weather in Cornwall is wet and blustery. I hope my grandchildren are ok who are on hols there.

Congratulations to your DGD NannyJ. 👍 Enjoy your hols in the Forest of Dean we had a lovely few days there a year or two back.

Seeing a friend for coffee today.

NanKate Fri 21-Aug-20 08:06:03

Happy birthday Oops enjoy your cake 🎂

gillybob Fri 21-Aug-20 08:08:56

Good morning from the North East coast where we have another horrible day of wind and heavy rain. It looks and feels like a grey day in November or February .

Well at least it’s Friday (my favourite day of the week) .I have 3 of my DGC (DGD’s 2 and 3 and DGS) later today, so it will be just a flying visit to “that place” . I was hoping it would’ve been at least dry so we could go to the park or for a walk on the beach but it’s looking highly unlikely that the weather will improve .

Remembering our missing friends including dragonfly and BlueSapphire and thinking of those who are not feeling up to scratch too.

Have as good a Friday as possible everyone, Love Gillybob xx

Pantglas2 Fri 21-Aug-20 08:12:36

Happy birthday Oopsadaisy- and there’s cake 🎂? Just a small slice for me please 🤪

Susan56 Fri 21-Aug-20 08:15:06

Good morning from Shropshire where it’s blowing a hooley.

Happy birthday Oopsadaisy🥳🎉🎂🍾🥂💐

Into town today where I have an appointment for a sight test.I’m not sure if it will actually happen.The receptionist said I will need to pay for a scan which I said I won’t need as I will have my diabetic eye screening next month.I said could I just have a sight test but couldn’t get a straight answer 🤷‍♀️

Then to Sainsburys to look at the clothing sale.DGD put on one of the outfits she keeps at our house and it no longer fits so hopefully will get something nice in the sale.Don’t want to spend a lot as she won’t be staying as much once she starts school.She brings clothes with her but we keep a few things here too.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

Thinking of all our absent goodmorningers.💐

gillybob Fri 21-Aug-20 08:23:26

How could I forget to say “Happy Birthday Oopsadaisy” Enjoy your cake and curry (not together of course) grin Have a lovely day .

Marydoll Fri 21-Aug-20 08:35:37

Good morning all from a very wet, but relatively wind free Glasgow.

I've noticed Grandmattie hasn't been posting, have I missed something?

Happy birthday to Oopsadaisy 🎂and congratulations to all the proud grandparents and those who have received their results.

A day in the house planned. We have a Tesco delivery, which grew arms and legs after I asked DH if he wanted any beer. So much for economising! grin

A second attempt to delivery the new chair today. Someone, blush who shall remain anonymous put the wrong post code on the order. The poor driver was all over the southside of Glasgow looking for a non-existent address.
As it was nowhere near me and the driver couldn't deviate from the queue, they will try again today.
Full marks to the lovely manager from DPD, who phoned me last night to apologise. It was MY fault, not theirs!
I went into check myM&S account and the post code is wrong. confused. I have had lots of deliveries from M&S over the years, so I can't figure it out.

I plan to do a shoe cull today, which will be very painful. I have a VERY large collection of shoes, which I can't wear, but can't bear to send to the charity shop. My colleagues used to call me Imelda and my pupils used to eagerly wait to see what colours I was wearing each day. I have become staid and boring in old age! grin.
I ones bought 11 pairs of shoes in a factory outlet in Almeria, all at less than 500 pesetas a pair, about £3. DH was not amused at all, especially as I couldn't fit them all in the suitcases. grin.

I often wonder how Bluesapphire and Dragonfly are doing.
For those spending time with grandchildren, have a great day.

MellowYellow Fri 21-Aug-20 08:35:53

Morning everyone from a verrrrry blustery south Cornwall, though no rain. Apologies to ardent dino fans - the cookies were so delicious we ate them before I photographed them. shock

Unexpected meal in Wetherspoons last evening with family. Wonderful curry and a lovely atmosphere. A voice message last thing from a very tired 4 year old saying she loved me. Could have cried. She's back again today, chalking and baking and chatting. All change soon when she starts school.

Happy birthday Oopsadaisy, and the best of days to you all.

Mapleleaf Fri 21-Aug-20 08:36:50

Morning all from a grey and blustery South Yorkshire. A difference to yesterday, which was warm and sunny.

Happy birthday Oopsadaisy. I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your cake. 😁🎂🍾💐

Popping out very soon to collect some prescriptions before the chemist gets too busy, then some ironing awaits me when I get back.

Had a lovely afternoon yesterday chatting with neighbours, socially distanced in the garden. Those couple of hours flew by and it was nice to catch up with the weeks events.

Hope you all have a good Friday, and special thoughts to our GM friends who are unwell, worried or not able to post at the moment. 💐

Take care everyone.

Georgesgran Fri 21-Aug-20 08:40:37

Good Morning from a wild and windy Durham. It really does feel Autumnal today, but at least I can wear a jumper to try and hide the extra stone I’ve put on during lockdown! DD1 and DGS probably coming later - she’s at a bit of a loose end, having to use her holiday entitlement on Mondays and Fridays as Nursery’s only offering her a couple of days a week at the moment.

Need a big shop later - down to last two loo rolls!

Have a good day everyone. X

Pittcity Fri 21-Aug-20 08:48:33

Good morning from a grey and blustery Colchester.
Waiting for a call from GP then a stock up at Lidl today.
The washing machine is on but I don't know if I can risk the washing line in the wind. 🌬️

Happy Birthday Oopsadaisy🎂🎉