Gransnet forums

Chat

Lack of hair salon precautions.

(130 Posts)
kittylester Sat 22-Aug-20 15:37:47

My hairdresser is a friend of nearly 20 years standing, as well as having been 'involved' with my hair, first, as a junior, then as a stylist and latterly as the owner of the salon for nearly 40 years!.

One of my friends also uses her salon but last time she went none of the staff were wearing PPE and when she questioned it she was told that they would wear it if asked but that it wasn't compulsory.

We have decided that we won't go back but wonder if we should report her to someone.

But, worse than that- I have dreadful hair and have to find a new hairdresser. grin

Bk Mon 24-Aug-20 09:04:18

I would suggest that you call or contact via facebook to make an appointment and ask if she is now adhering to the government guidelines if she is not then politely tell her that until she does you don’t feel comfortable visiting the salon but to let you know if when she does introduce PPE . You could suggest sending her the link via to the gov guidelines Via Facebook . Or contact her in the first instance via Facebook to make an appointment then other customers may see she is not protecting them or you.

Cabbie21 Mon 24-Aug-20 09:22:48

I hadn’t realised that hairdressers are now meant to wear masks as well as visors. Mine didn’t last week, and she is the owner, so that doesn’t bode well. I was also not impressed that there was no obvious sanitisation of the chairs. Naturally I used the hand gel before I left, but now this is worrying me. I am reluctant to move as we have agreed on a colouring technique to help to transition with greying hair. Anyway I have got a few weeks to think about it.

Greeneyedgirl Mon 24-Aug-20 12:20:59

Isn’t this post interesting in the way that we all are different in how we assess and manage risk, some of us regard loyalty and friendship before general social well-being? I’m not being judgemental, but just observant as to variance in behaviour. Perhaps some of us perceive there to be minimal risk.?

Furret Tue 25-Aug-20 21:39:25

Asked my hairdresser about this here is her reply

“Hi. Government have now said all clients in the salon need to wear a mask now as of 8th August. We as stylist also have to wear a mask and visor. Thanks kerrie“