Gransnet forums

Chat

Friendships one sided

(79 Posts)
golly67 Tue 25-Aug-20 18:32:31

Am I too sensitive or silly?
Has anyone else experienced the situation where your friend never asks about you or what your news is, even though we’ve been through a lot together over the years.

I seem to be surrounded by this problem lately. I wonder if I need to accept that they need to unload and not to take it too much to heart.

annep1 Fri 28-Aug-20 11:27:53

They sound like very shallow people ann678tifney
She's better as ex friend I think.

honeyrose Fri 28-Aug-20 14:27:17

Welbeck, your comments made me take a deep breath as I know what you say is so true!! I think i’m going to wean myself off this “friend”. Without wishing to keep record of past “wrongs”, over the last few years she’s has forgotten to meet up with me (when we’d made arrangements over the phone just a few days prior) on no less than 4 or even 5 occasions. That’s how much she thinks of me! She doesn’t have memory problems, just thinks that I can be ignored, talked at (rather than talked to), treated as a fool. Why haven’t I had more pride in myself!? I’m beginning to see the light now - why has it taken me so long?! Thank you Welbeck. ps i’m not a selfish person - rather the reverse I think - but I do like a good 2-way conversation whereby I can actually contribute to that conversation and not be expected to sit there and just listen all the time. I’ve seen the light, having endured this for 35 years.

annep1 Fri 28-Aug-20 18:28:42

Good for you Honeyrose