Gransnet forums

Chat

Single sex couple on Strictly.

(90 Posts)
eazybee Wed 02-Sep-20 15:17:52

Not enthused.

GillT57 Wed 02-Sep-20 15:15:55

The Beeb aren’t making a fuss. The tabloids certainly are

And there we have the truth. Who someone chooses to spend their life with is nothing to do with their dancing skills which is surely the purpose of the programme. I too like Nicola Adams, she is a super athlete and should do very well with the stamina and rigour of ballroom dancing.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 02-Sep-20 14:17:24

The Beeb aren’t making a fuss. The tabloids certainly are.

M0nica Wed 02-Sep-20 14:10:38

I do not think about it at all and cannot work out what it is I should be thinking about.

Smileless2012 Wed 02-Sep-20 14:03:33

I thought it was odd that the BBC were making such a fuss about it especially as Dancing on Ice had a male same sex couple at the beginning of the year.

Tweedle24 Wed 02-Sep-20 13:59:09

EllenVannin I did not say it was a ‘big deal’. I just said that, personally, I am finding it a bit strange, that’s all.

NanKate Wed 02-Sep-20 13:56:46

Nicola is lovely. I just wonder whether they will both wear dresses.

Next year we will no doubt have trans people.

Illte Wed 02-Sep-20 13:54:51

Actually I think in the War it was quite common for two women to dance together.
An accepted way of enjoying a dance.

Illte Wed 02-Sep-20 13:53:28

Due to a surfeit of women at dancing classes quite a lot of us learnt the steps with a same sex partner. Taking turns to "be the man"

It didn't feel odd but it wasn't romantic?

EllanVannin Wed 02-Sep-20 13:50:26

So what ? There were two men skating together, what's the big deal ?
I like Nicola the boxer, she's soooo pleasant.

Lucca Wed 02-Sep-20 13:50:13

Not much SD in an Argentine Tango

Lucca Wed 02-Sep-20 13:49:44

Has strictly been recorded ? Otherwise how can they do it ? (My granddaughter says it’s ok because they are all married to each other !! )

Oopsminty Wed 02-Sep-20 13:48:00

Whatever normal is!

Oopsminty Wed 02-Sep-20 13:47:36

It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I really like Nicola. She comes across so well in interviews. Lovely girl

I wouldn't say you are being narrow minded. It's something different. Not everyone will be happy about it but in my eyes it's quite normal.

Tweedle24 Wed 02-Sep-20 13:43:12

Just heard that, for the first time this year, there will be a single sex couple competing on Strictly.

What do people think about that?

I can’t help thinking that ballroom dancing is designed for a man and a woman. Won’t it be a bit odd?

On the other hand, I have no negative feelings about single sex weddings and feel strongly that people should be allowed to love whom they wish. People’s sex life too, is their business.

I am finding this latest announcement a bit difficult to come to terms with. Am I being narrow-minded?