Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Sat 12-Sep-20 06:18:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Another twilight start to the day , but its dry , my usual day of Buckingham and Bicest.er.
Will have coffees and eats plus browse .
Need a new duvet as mine is long over due for regalement.
Watch the drama unfold with the Tour De France , which is close to entering the Alps and Jura regions on TV , maybe a Chinese take away later .
Take Care ,
Mick

Georgesgran Sat 12-Sep-20 10:53:05

Good morning from Durham. A bit windy, but quite mild.
DH is very apprehensive about his CT scan tomorrow morning. If it shows the current treatment isn’t working, it will be abandoned and other options are scarce now.

Hope you have the best day you can. X

CherryCezzy Sat 12-Sep-20 11:06:14

I hope your DH's scan goes well tomorrow Georgesgran ?

Alegrias Sat 12-Sep-20 11:06:48

Hello everyone from a sunny Fife, where its blowing a gale.

Been busy this week as my Zoom dance classes have started up with an hour every evening this week. Every part of me aches now smile Usually we have face to face classes but that's not going to get started again for a while, so we make do with what we can.

This morning I treated myself to some lovely things from the Perth Festival of Yarn website. That's me set up with projects for the next few months.

flowers to those are are not so well today, hope you feel better soon.

Grandmafrench Sat 12-Sep-20 11:21:54

Good Morning everyone from a hot, sunny and perfect ?? courtyard. I’m convinced another (large) family are using my laundry basket, since I’ve pegged out yet another load.

We seem to have some poorly people on here today. Get well again soon, but do this by being careful and kind to yourselves, please. Wishing hard for Georgesgrandad, fingers crossed for your further investigations. Get those drugs for him, Cherry - and hope the weekend isn’t too bad.

Mary people are always poorly at weekends because, speaking personally, that was when we had the time!

Hope you feel cheerful and more positive again pretty damn soon, Grandmabatty. Maybe the distraction of the little one will help.

Seems everyone has concerns about confusion and risk and constant changes...again and again. What a shambles. Well, we’re all grownups and what we’ve done before we can do again. Staying well and keeping safe is all that counts. (Plus a lot of smiling and self-mockery too?) .

DS phoned last night ‘for a catch up’. 4hrs 20 mins later we stopped catching up. We speak regularly - it was just one of those (lovely) calls.
So - unsurprisingly, I’m a bit croaky today. Speaking of which and Grammaretto’s frogs (see what I did there?) if you leave a tray of water unattended in our garden you just get Tiger mosquitoes. Maybe food for frogs ?- I love them too- but can’t risk it and we do have Government warnings about encouraging the mozzies! So, we have to check all containers for standing water. Not so much fun!

Hope you all have a positive day with a bit of fun thrown in. Shall watch the news for any attacks on ‘phone engineers, Ellan. Give ‘me hell and make sure you get the compensation for loss of service for so long.

Hugs to all who need one
?????

MawB2 Sat 12-Sep-20 11:29:29

Cherry Cezzy as if I would!
No it was a more tweedy one from Woolovers - really meant for much cooler weather, so prepare for an Indian Summer!

Feelingmyage55 Sat 12-Sep-20 12:02:30

Good morning - just. Very windy again and so I am freshening up rugs and sofa covers. A book has arrived that I meant to be for my kindle so I pressed the wrong button but I know my daughter will snaffle it when I eventually see her. I am full of the cold, sore ears and throat so will join the sick bay. But how did I catch a cold when I haven’t been nearer than about 12 feet to anyone? I don’t wash my groceries ....
Hope everyone has the best day they can and special thoughts to gillybob.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 12-Sep-20 12:06:36

georgesgran ?
Alegrias. Off to look and maybe buy.

Marydoll Sat 12-Sep-20 12:12:18

It's lovely, Maw. Thank goodness it wasn't my pink one. There is 20% off sitewide on Woolovers, I believe today. I still can't justify it. I have far too many already. blush

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 12-Sep-20 12:25:54

Afternoon everyone from a sunny South Notts, bringing up the rear again. I have an excuse or two - I cleaned the oven after completing my usual mundane morning preparations - no-one's favourite job and then the ironing. I feel I must do these things first otherwise I'd still be on the laptop at lunchtime in my dressing gown and I can't allow that unless I'm ill.
Hope those in the sick bay get the chance to take it easy and get well soon.

CherryCezzy Sat 12-Sep-20 12:29:13

It is lovely Maw ☺️

If only it was that easy Grandmafrench ?, the pain killers have to be ordered by the pharmacist each time as they are not kept 'on site'. His own fault really as he didn't order them in time, he got a bit distracted by matters - one of his close friends died. Hopefully he won't be too bad ?.

Urmstongran Sat 12-Sep-20 12:31:11

As that can be a symptom of Covid 19 maybe it would be wise to have a test

Oh no, CaroleAnne!
?

Marydoll Sat 12-Sep-20 12:38:49

Urmston, what did you have to eat last night?
Hope you feel a bit better.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 12-Sep-20 13:13:33

Hope you get some help on 111 kitty

MawB2 lovely coatigan, I am now going to browse Woolovers site ?

MawB2 Sat 12-Sep-20 13:43:23

Hattie has asked if there is room for her on the poorly ward. She is really off colour today, wandering around, panting, looking uncomfortable (a lot of stretching of her back legs) and, worst of all, off her food ??? so I got her over to our lovely vet Michelle who treated her before and although her temp is not up, she agreed something is not right. So she took bloods, gave me some pain relief and I shall be keeping a careful eye on her over the weekend.
Why is it always the weekend?
I hope the other poorly peeps are getting the attention they need (a lot to be said for private medicine, even if the bill was £160!) and that everybody is on the mend. ?‍⚕️ ?‍⚕️

Grandmafrench Sat 12-Sep-20 14:59:03

What a shame, feelingmyage - curl up with lots of hot drinks and your new book and feel better soon. (actually, only nutters like. me wash groceries!). Urms - ugh, I second that face of shock and horror!

Well your chap is allowed to forget his meds, Cherry, and so sad to hear of the loss of a friend. Maybe your WP should put reminders to order meds on his iPad calendar, or whatever. It's easy to get it wrong and forget......and it's the weekend, always the weekend. Same for you Mawb - can't even have 5 minutes to enjoy your new coatigan. Could Hattie have a better Nurse? She can't say you're not quick off the mark......get well very soon, little Hattie. Get well, everyone, in fact.

Urmstongran Sat 12-Sep-20 16:37:57

Oh Poor Hattie Dog. I’m happy to budge up.
I think I’m on the mend then keep taking a dip. Thumping headache.
Hope you’re on some antibiotics kitty by now? UTIs are horrid.