Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Sat 12-Sep-20 06:18:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Another twilight start to the day , but its dry , my usual day of Buckingham and Bicest.er.
Will have coffees and eats plus browse .
Need a new duvet as mine is long over due for regalement.
Watch the drama unfold with the Tour De France , which is close to entering the Alps and Jura regions on TV , maybe a Chinese take away later .
Take Care ,
Mick

Pantglas2 Sat 12-Sep-20 06:28:41

Morning Mick - I’ve just emptied the chamberpot .......ooh I did like typing that🤪

Lovely chutney GrandMattie but did you mean laurel (as in bay leaves) having cyanide? I use them in curries!

Nothing planned today but a couple of friends over for cocktails 🍸🍹this evening before we join the menfolk at the bar later. Will serve ‘omemade canopies’ (as DD once named them!) tiny rosemary crackers with Brie or Pate and my very own red onion marmalade dolloped on top!

Hope you all have a better day than yesterday and stay safe - kind thoughts to all ‘MisPers’ x

grandMattie Sat 12-Sep-20 06:32:01

Good morning from an increasingly dark E Kent. As Mick says, twilight- like.
Had my hair cut yesterday. Half way through the (very short) cut, I suddenly remembered that I didn’t want it so short and told the hairdresser! I thought it very funny, she was mortified that she just went ahead and cut it. I was very apologetic that I had forgotten to tell her... it will grow back very quickly, besides DH likes it very short.
My lovely friendly painters came yesterday to have a look and fix the new cracks in the walls and ceilings. They’re not sure if it’s just cracks or recurrence of subsidence. The younger one had been very sweet and helpful in other things while they were here last, he put up my kitchen blind this time, bless him. I made him a chocolate cake with choc fudge icing. I hope he like it.
To those in distress, Marydoll and gilly come to mind; have the best day possible. Every one, please stay safe and have a gendarmes.

grandMattie Sat 12-Sep-20 06:32:55

Ooh! Enjoy your gendarmes...😂 perhaps a gentle day would be more appropriate.

grandMattie Sat 12-Sep-20 06:34:36

Pant noooo. Not bay leaves or laurel as the continentals call the. BAY LAUREL used for hedging etc.

grandMattie Sat 12-Sep-20 06:36:00

Your canopies sound delicious but I prefer what the Americans call “can-apes”, Pant

Beechnut Sat 12-Sep-20 06:43:48

Good Morning everyone from a damp Severnside.
It’s certainly darker in the mornings when I wake.

I went to visit a friend and we sat at the end of the garden. He has newly designed it with help and it’s a very peaceful setting.

I’m going to plant the bulbs I’ve bought today and read some magazine stories hopefully outside.

We used to spend a lot of lovely holidays in the Poole and east of area jaxjacky.

Have a good Saturday all and put worries to one side if you can 🌸

cornergran Sat 12-Sep-20 06:45:21

Morning Mick, morning All from a dry if cloudy corner of Somerset. Absolutely no idea what the day will bring here, may venture forth or it may be a quiet one at home. Look after yourselves, it’s a strange world out there.

Beechnut Sat 12-Sep-20 06:47:35

grandMattie we had a laurel and cut it down. Do I remember right that the sawn wood smelt a bit almond and that the cyanide thing is all connected? 🤔

Spice101 Sat 12-Sep-20 06:49:50

Hello everyone from Melbourne. A grey wet and coolish day here today. After a couple of glorious spring days we have slipped back to winter weather.

Another day of lockdown not much getting done. In fact it really has been another day of doing ziltch.

There is some talk of some of our restrictions being eased ahead of the planned dates but that will depend on the number of new infections reducing to what is considered a satisfactory number. 37 new cases yesterday and unfortunately 6 deaths which is the lowest number in Victoria since 26th June and down from over 700 a few weeks ago. It looks as though we are at least gong in the right direction. Hopefully the powers that be will gt their house in order and avoid any more stuff ups that could sent us into higher number again.

Hope everyone has a great day

grandMattie Sat 12-Sep-20 06:49:58

Yes, Beech. I got is from a tree surgeon who knew his onions or rather bay laurels...

Marydoll Sat 12-Sep-20 07:15:59

Good morning all from Glasgow, I'm not sure what the weather is like, the blinds are closed and I don't want to disturb DH. If it's anything like yesterday, it won't be too pleasant.
I spent ages yesterday, drying off the Tesco delivery. It was so wet that DH abandoned his golf game. A very rare occurrence.

I have absolutely nothing planned today, apart from raid the freezer. We usually have takeaway on a Saturday, but the freezer is bursting at the seams, so I'm going to brave the depths!

I do like the sound of your canapes, Pants. Whenever we go to a wedding, I could just have a meal, solely made of canapes. 😁

Thinking of our Gilly and all our absent friends. Have the best day you can everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 12-Sep-20 07:16:47

Sun’s up here! 🌞
Good morning everyone from Malaga 😎

Somehow I have picked up a tummy bug so will be quarantined to barracks this weekend as I can’t stray too far from the bathroom.

Hope Saturday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

mumofmadboys Sat 12-Sep-20 07:18:09

Good morning from a dry but dull Cumbria. Nothing much planned here today. Few jobs at home and a short walk if the weather stays dry. I may make a cake too. Have a good day all.

mumofmadboys Sat 12-Sep-20 07:19:28

Hope you feel better soon Urmstongran

Marydoll Sat 12-Sep-20 07:22:38

Urmstongran I hope you feel better soon.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 12-Sep-20 07:23:56

Good morning Mick and all

Blue sky overhead but there are some grey clouds in the distance.

Absolutely no plans for today, hope you are feeling better soon Urmstongran

Keep safe and well folks 🙋‍♀️

kittylester Sat 12-Sep-20 07:29:37

Morning all from a bright ish North Leicestershire.

Can I join you in the sick bay urmston? I'm fairly sure I have a UTI, so a call to 111 is in order. There is also thawed chicken waiting to be curried and gardening that needs doing.

Enjoy your days everyone!

Gingster Sat 12-Sep-20 07:31:18

Good morning all. Nice blue sky here in Essex. Little pooch is racing around the garden - I think a Fox is about.

Not much on today. DH and no.1 Son will be going to a local footie match this afternoon. I will do some baking and read the papers.

I too love canapés and like you Marydoll could just eat those and forget the main meal. Lovely with cocktails Pantglas enjoy!

So nice to hear from you Spice101 and all your news from Melbourne. Your corona cases are coming down, as ours are going up. I expect you’ve heard our latest news of just 6 people meeting up. 😤.

Hope you all have a day you wish for. 🍂🍁

Marydoll Sat 12-Sep-20 07:32:45

I think we will need to open a sick bay! Who will be Matron? 😁 😷💊
Hope you get it sorted, Kitty.

Why do we always feel our worst at weekends?.☹️

brook2704 Sat 12-Sep-20 07:42:33

Good morning everyone from a bright dry Inverness with lovely blue sky - it’s quite cool though with a definite nip in the air
We got our smart heating controls fitted yesterday by a lovely helpful electrician - it’ll make such a difference in the winter so really pleased with that.
I think it’ll be a quiet day for me today as DD2 is busy so I know there won’t be any unexpected phone calls asking if I’m doing anything much ...
Your canopies 😂 sound delicious pants just what’s needed with a class of something chilled in the Spanish sunshine - ooooh how I envy you !
Hope you’re feeling much better soon urmstongran
Thinking of everyone whose plans have been disrupted with the new Covid rules 😟
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings

brook2704 Sat 12-Sep-20 07:43:52

Hope you’re feeling better soon kitty 💐

Sar53 Sat 12-Sep-20 07:47:09

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
Absolutely nothing planned for today. DH is going to look at a boat he may jointly buy with a friend. Nothing grand, a small motor boat, but it will give him something to do now he is retired.
We will probably go for a walk and stop for coffee somewhere.
Have the best Saturday you can and stay safe xx

Sar53 Sat 12-Sep-20 07:48:55

Sorry to hear you are both under the weather Kitty and Urms, get well soon flowers x

grandMattie Sat 12-Sep-20 08:06:06

UTIs are horrible, ktty, hope you can get help soon. Urms, trust it’s only a 24 hour bug. Get well soon both of you