Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you doing this evening?

(30 Posts)
flyinghandbagisback Sun 13-Sep-20 19:06:02

Hi all,
I have had a lazy day today, still in my nightie with no makeup, due to the fact that I have simply given up on having a productive Sunday.
I had planned to busy myself today all the things I have been meaning to catch up on, but that went out the window when I phoned a relative and ended up on the phone for 5 hours, which then made me decide to write it off and try to do something productive tonight instead.
It is now 7pm and I have achieved nothing apart from cutting my fringe with a pair of kitchen scissors on a whim! I already had one and have had one for years but it was getting long and shapeless so I cut it, while my relative implored me not to.
I am going to have a shower and a coffee then I will give myself a boot up the behind, try to do something productive and make sure to be less lazy tomorrow.
What about you?
Love from,
Flyinghandbag. X

flyinghandbagisback Sun 13-Sep-20 19:06:43

Oh dear, the spaces between my paragraphs seem to have disappearedblushx

grandMattie Sun 13-Sep-20 19:09:18

I'm going to chill. Probably watch an episode of New Tricks, then the finale/climax of the idiotic "Strike". I have no idea what is ging on who is doing what, but it passes the timre nicely...

joannapiano Sun 13-Sep-20 19:13:11

Waiting for a Tesco delivery, just got a text saying he is running late. Then will watch “Strike”. Keep asking DH who’s who.

flyinghandbagisback Sun 13-Sep-20 19:24:13

I am also going to have either music on the Echo dot, a Netflix series on the television or a podcast through my wireless earphones, while I busy myself with all the many tasks I've been avoiding. X

phoenix Sun 13-Sep-20 19:43:18

Anyone have any hints on how to remove peeling covering from the roof on Mavis, my Smart Roadster?

I need to get it all off so that I can get it "wrapped"

Marcus will have to go soon, she's great fun, but getting in and out is becoming more of a problem confused

However, in the odd occasion that Mr P has to get in her, the amusement value is huge! He's 6'2" , and quite a bit chap!

Mavis is about as low to the ground as a skateboardgrin

MawB2 Sun 13-Sep-20 19:59:06

When you say “wrapped” do you mean like Christo and Jeanne-Claude?
Or pretty paper with a bow on the top?

Chewbacca Sun 13-Sep-20 20:02:13

Or do you mean vinyl wrapped Phoenix? As in, like a respray but not actually? My friend had her kitchen cupboard doors and drawers vinyl wrapped and they looked very good. British Racing Green. Very stylish.

MawB2 Sun 13-Sep-20 20:06:46

Oh that’s interesting! I’d never heard of that.

Charleygirl5 Sun 13-Sep-20 20:08:55

OMG I would never get in your car and if in the millionth I managed I would never ever get out. I know you make sure I was fed and watered but my bodily functions would be a problem.

phoenix Sun 13-Sep-20 20:10:38

Exactly, Chewbacca, but needs to be black, as Mavis is black.

As her roof parts come off, providing there was going to be good weather, I could leave the roof panels to be done without leaving myself carless, but as we don't have a garage, might have to put a tarpaulin over her.

But the problem still remains as to how to remove the flaky bits in order to get the roof panels wrapped.

phoenix Sun 13-Sep-20 20:13:36

Charleygirl gringringrin

Charleygirl5 Sun 13-Sep-20 20:15:03

We are expecting lovely weather for at least a couple of days in NW London- would that help? Maybe you live too far away for that to do the trick.

Charleygirl5 Sun 13-Sep-20 20:16:30

I do not have a garage but it would have its own parking space with me keeping a beady eye on it. Would that help?

Chewbacca Sun 13-Sep-20 20:18:22

It's fascinating to watch being done Maw; they put a large sheet of what looks like sticky back plastic over the surface and then heat it up so that it shrinks and adheres tightly. When you get fed up of it, just heat it again, peel it off and start all over again. Magic!

ayse Sun 13-Sep-20 20:21:14

I’m doing Sunday evening TV. Watching Antiques RoadShow. At 9.00 I’m going to have a look at Singapore.

Today I restrung my roman blinds and rehung them after washing. I’ve also been gold painting an mdf box to decoupage as a present for 10 year old grandson for Christmas. He collects crystals so I’ll be lining it with satin and green velvet to keep them safe. Fringe cutting is on the agenda for tomorrow plus shopping and coffee with a friend.

phoenix Sun 13-Sep-20 20:22:03

Charleygirl I have off road parking (driveway down the side of the house) I suppose while her roof is away, I could put a large golf umbrella over her to (hopefully) keep the interior dry?

Still have the problem of getting the remaining stuff off the roof. Sigh.

Jaxjacky Sun 13-Sep-20 20:28:38

We’ve been to local, in our pub bubble, had chicken mini roast, mash, broccoli, bath. Going to watch Strike, read all th the books, then bed, read books. Fencing being replaced tomorrow, husband off to work.

janeainsworth Sun 13-Sep-20 20:35:33

We have only just finished dinner and I’m savouring the last few drops of Valpolicella Ripasso which we had with pasta with garlic, basil, oregano, pine nuts, spinach, Parmesan and left-over chicken.

I’m trying to decide whether to do some ironing & listen to the wireless or go straight to bed and read my book.

FH how can you spend 5 hours on one phone call?

phoenix Sun 13-Sep-20 20:41:18

janeainsworth some people have the ability to waffle for yonks about nothing, as has been shown previously.

phoenix Sun 13-Sep-20 20:41:59

Just to add, if you actually believe it.

phoenix Sun 13-Sep-20 20:43:19

To add again, battery would probably run out, unless it was an old fashioned corded phone?

Lisagran Sun 13-Sep-20 20:50:52

Head....bang......wall

flyinghandbagisback Sun 13-Sep-20 21:06:23

We do it most days... we usually just chat about anything and everything, gossip, laugh, occasionally cry, and sometimes we will do projects while on the phone. I meant FaceTime, not normal phone calling. My phone is always charged up and I charge it while on the phone if needed. X

janeainsworth Sun 13-Sep-20 21:06:59

phoenix yes and some people can be a bit mean.