Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Wed 16-Sep-20 06:16:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley this morning , but it is also dry , hoping for a nice day .
Small shop, and settle down to watch the drama of todays stage of the Tour De France unfold in the Alps with a mountain top finish .
Yesterday on the buses number still low ,as though people have been misled into using it although for many its an only means of shopping etc .
Take Care ,
Mick

Pantglas2 Wed 16-Sep-20 06:25:09

Morning Mick from a dark and cool Espana! Off to the market for ? ? and avocado ? to take back to Wales tomorrow - they’re so much cheaper here and I might as well fill my case with something useful!

Caught up with the last of yesterday’s thread and saw a few going through mill healthwise- Hazbeen and Gwen ?relatively new posters ( to me anyway) so hope you have some good days along the way x

cornergran Wed 16-Sep-20 06:26:46

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s a misty start to our corner of Somerset, warm sunny day forecast. Disturbed night, no idea why. Some garden pottering for me today along with an attempt to organise a new sim for my mobile. Take care everyone.

grandMattie Wed 16-Sep-20 06:41:44

Good morning from a very misty E Kent.
I overslept as I had a bad night, was awake from about 0300-0520, then inevitably fell asleep! Wasn’t it hot?
Had a very hot day, impossible to do anything. It was over 30C!
More soffits and gutters today. The front door is blocked by mobile scaffolding. Cups of tea and biscuits every 20 minutes, it seems..
Have a good day all. Stay safe

MellowYellow Wed 16-Sep-20 06:47:18

Morning all, still dark in south Cornwall. An NHS physio phone appointment today plus our allotment knitters group. Must press on with finishing granddaughter's throw for her 5th birthday, keep distracting myself outside instead. Increased police presence in town the last couple of days, wonder if they're group counting? Lots of new University students are in the process of arriving. It's refreshing to see their young faces and wacky clothes (particularly the art students). Have the best day possible everyone.

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Sep-20 06:47:19

Good morning Mick and everyone, awake so got up. Fencing should get finished today as we’re due another sunny dry day. Hoping those struggling have a better day. X

Beechnut Wed 16-Sep-20 06:47:19

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is dry. I can see some distant mist cornergran.

I’m not sure what to do today. I do have a few errands to run but they are the kind that could be put off for a few days.

Enjoy the day all and look after yourselves ?

Nannytopsy Wed 16-Sep-20 06:53:53

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Some cloud in Suffolk this morning but heat forecast again later.
School run this morning so must leave you.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Scentia Wed 16-Sep-20 06:59:13

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Hopefully it’s a nice day today.
I have my online speed Awareness course in an hour, I am so nervous I have never done any online face to face stuff before, apart from a bungled attempt at houseparty at the beginning of lockdown! I bet I will be the one who can’t see or whose mic doesn’t work? it was only the other day I fetched my DH into the office to fix my keyboard as it has broken, he switched it on and hey presto! I didn’t even know you could switch them off ??
I do hope anyone struggling with anything finds a little ray of sunshine today, just to bring a smile onto their faces.

Gingster Wed 16-Sep-20 07:06:51

Good morning all. Phew what a hot day yesterday and it really didn’t cool down at all. Couldn’t sleep as it was so warm, so up early with little pooch.

It’s youngest Gd’s 5th birthday today. We’re going to pick up a new bike for her, and she’ll have a little family tea party after school. Nothing fancy! At least life-style restrictions has put a stop to ridiculous outlandish celebrations for littlies. The competition between mums was getting out of hand. She’ll take sweeties in for her school pals and take great pride in handing them out.

Pantglas enjoy your last day in Espania.

Hope all have a carefree day. ?

kittylester Wed 16-Sep-20 07:21:57

Morning all from North Leicestershire where there is quite a lot of cloud but a forecast of a warm sunny day.

DS1 is 49 today - I have no idea how that happened!! shock

Last of this lot of Zoomed Carer's courses today and then a big sit down.

Had a lovely catch up with a couple of friends yesterday despite the cake fail. The cake tasted lovely but didn't look the best.

Have a really good day everyone.

Sark Wed 16-Sep-20 07:22:17

Good Morning everyone.
Sunny here in Oxfordshire
Tired this morning as stayed at my DDs overnight. She has been suffering from the most horrendous headaches for weeks now but last night was particularly bad. We will try to get through to the Dr again but it is not easy!
Thinking of Hazbeen and Gwenisgreat
Good luck Scentia I would be the same!
Best wishes to all

TerriBull Wed 16-Sep-20 07:31:07

Good morning from wonderful Devon, our first break since the lock down and it seems we've picked the right week, thank heavens for Indian Summers.

brook2704 Wed 16-Sep-20 07:38:17

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s warm dry but cloudy.
We’ve had a lovely but busy couple of days looking after DGC, 5 and 6 years who’ve been off school for in service days. Last night DH and I ate early then flopped on the sofa exhausted for the ready of the evening ?
I feel for you grandmattie with the 30º heat! We never get that up here, if it reaches 20º we’re happy! Hope you sleep better tonight and it cools down a little bit for you
Fingers crossed for your course scentia and happy 5th birthday to your DGD gingster
Hope your DDs headaches soon get better sark and you get a doctors appointment- it’s a worry
Hope everyone feeling under the weather or with worries and struggles has a better day today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Georgesgran Wed 16-Sep-20 07:39:54

Good Morning from Durham. Very warm through the night, but quite cool and overcast this morning.
Again - thank you GNs for the good wishes. Unfortunately DH couldn’t have his treatment yesterday as his white blood count was too low - his immune system’s very poor. Going to see his Consultant this morning - dreading it!

DGS is 3 today - brings sunshine to my life these days.

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

Susan56 Wed 16-Sep-20 07:42:56

Good morning from Shropshire.

Thank you for the kind messages and posts yesterday.

A cooler day is forecast today before more hot days from tomorrow so will have a housework day I think.

Thinking of Cherry,Mary,Gwenisgreat,Hazbeen and anyone else unwell.Also Georgesgran?Hope to hear from gilly soon too?

Have a good day all.

Susan56 Wed 16-Sep-20 07:44:24

Crossed posts Georgesgran.I hope the Consultants visit goes well and there are more treatment options available for your husband.Thinking of you both?

Taichinan Wed 16-Sep-20 07:51:27

Good morning Mick and all from the Angus coast. I must confess to a little envy of the heatwave down south as we have rain-bearing wind out of the north to accompany the grey skies. I've come back to bed until the heating takes the chill off the house Today the last bits and bobs before tai chi classes resume tomorrow morning Enjoy your last day in Espana Pantglas and safe journey home tomorrow. Like you I was sad to hear of so many with health problems, or with a DH who is suffering, when I popped back in to catch up yesterday. ? to all who need them. It's good to have somewhere like this where you can talk about it. Good luck with your speed awareness course Scentia, and happy 5th birthday to your little GD Gingster. Don't they grow up so quickly, bless them. My youngest is less than two months away from her 15th! Now off I go to a hot shower and get this day moving. Have the best day you can everyone. ???

Marydoll Wed 16-Sep-20 07:54:59

Good morning all from Glasgow.

I'm saddened to hear so many of our posters or partners are very unwell. * Hazbeen*, I hope you aren't feeling too unwell after your treatment yesterday and Gwen, I hope you too are feeling a bit better and not in pain. You will be glad to be home.
Years ago, I suffered horrendous toothache for weeks, the dentist tried everything, but it wasn't until I saw a facial surgeon, it was discovered I had an infection in the bone. I can empathize with use, as it was so difficult to clear up.

Georgesgran , a difficult day ahead for you and your husband. We will all be thinking of you.

Pants when we were in Spain on holiday and money was tight, I sickened my children up with melons from the market! They were so cheap. ?

Wishing everyone a good day.

Gelisajams Wed 16-Sep-20 08:00:13

Good morning from a cloudy Morecambe Bay. Off shortly to garden in Cumbria. Planting up today. Hope it’s cooler than yesterday which was very hot and too hot to work in but once we had started.....
DS1 is travelling somewhere distant to his home for a Covid test today as he has developed a cough and DGD4 has a temperature and a sore throat. Bit worrying as DS is in isolation having been contacted by track and trace along with his other work mates.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Greyduster Wed 16-Sep-20 08:02:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey, cooler, breezy start to the South Yorkshire day. A change from yesterday. We spent the day walking two of the Derbyshire Dales. Very picturesque, but the heat was merciless, even by the rivers. I slept badly last night despite being worn out. A quiet “in” day of gentle domestics today. Have a good day folks and stay safe.

Sar53 Wed 16-Sep-20 08:05:35

Good morning from Essex by the sea where the sun is trying to break through the clouds. We had a very hot day yesterday and spent a few hours sitting by the sea with out picnic and books. It was lovely.
I also had a doctors face to face appointment and it seems I need to be seen by a consultant and probably an operation. She had no idea how long I would have to wait on the NHS, could be a year just to see the consultant, so I am making enquiries about the cost for going privately. Not something I would normally do but these are strange times.
I think we will go out for coffee this morning and then see where the day takes us.
I spoke to DD1 yesterday and she said 4 schools around where she lives have Covid cases and many children have been sent home to isolate. A huge worry.
Have a very pleasant Wednesday and stay safe everyone xx

Urmstongran Wed 16-Sep-20 08:06:26

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ? - actually you’re going home at the right time Pantglas as thunderstorms are forecast for Friday! Oh well, it’s gorgeous again all next week...
?

I feel wonderful. Energised and grateful to be in good health again. We (sometimes) take our blessings for granted don’t we?

At 7pm last night we went down to Juan’s bar to eat. For the first time in a week I was properly hungry! I had bruschetta de cerdo (pork skewer) and a mineral water (sensible me - who is this woman?) and Himself enjoyed a pint.

On our way back up as we got out of the lift we bumped into the nice Spanish guy who is a DJ in a club nearer to the beach. He’s the one who entertained us some evenings from his balcony during lockdown - real community spirit! He is struggling for work right now only getting one gig a week. No holidaymakers and the club is closing next week instead of early December. There are many out here who rely on jobs within the tourist industry and times are tough for some. He had lost quite a bit of weight.

As we walked away Himself looked at me and raised his eyebrows, I understood immediately what he was suggesting.

I carried on to our door and he turned back. I heard him call the name of the guy. He passed him €50 and said ‘these are tough times for many and this is just between us’.

I was hoping we hadn’t offended him (pride, understandably kicks in) but Himself said no - his eyes filled up and he was just grateful. Apparently he had tried busking down on the paseo last week but got moved on by the Police who told him they’d fine him if they saw him again.

Us pensioners are in a fortunate position which shield us from most of the uncertainties right now, with regular pension money dropping into our banks every four weeks.

Anyway, I was proud of my husband’s kindness.

Hope Wednesday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Urmstongran Wed 16-Sep-20 08:10:30

Sorry - meant to say Georgesgran I truly hope your husband’s consultant is able to offer a viable treatment plan today to give you both some much needed hope and encouragement. x

Taichinan Wed 16-Sep-20 08:14:35

Crossed posts. ? To Georgesgran for your DH's consultant visit And Sark I do hope your DD's headaches improve and you can get through to a doctor. My DH used to have something called "cluster headaches" which were horrendous and very debilitating,. They lasted for six weeks or so, and then would clear up if their own accord. Happy Birthday to your DD Kitty. I fully understand your amazement - one minute they're tiny and the next they're thinking of their pensions!!