Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Thu 17-Sep-20 06:13:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry here in Brackley this morning .
My usual day of getting the bus later on to Buckingham and then Bicester ,
Sometimes with the buses which seem to be not as busy if under normal circumstances but its a bus service with a link and an opportunity to see a change of scenery ,
Take Care ,
Mick

Kate54 Thu 17-Sep-20 08:17:49

Good morning from South Lincolnshire where a cooler day beckons. Don’t usually post on here (more of a lurker) but have been enjoying the inside out clothing anecdotes. And have discovered, while binge-watching yet another American sitcom on Netflix (first it was Schitt’s Creek, now it’s Modern Family) that our friends over The Pond don’t get their knickers in a twist but DO get their panties in a bunch!

Lins1066 Thu 17-Sep-20 08:39:43

Good Morning Mick and all. It is a beautiful sunny morning on the S Welsh coast. Our cleaner is coming shortly, the first time since March, think we will go out and leave her to it.
We had lunch out at a local pub yesterday, another first since March. We sat outside in the sunshine, and were the only ones there. Stay safe everyone.

Kalu Thu 17-Sep-20 08:47:21

A warm salt gargle will ease your sore throat Grammaretto. Lots of Vit.C and a restful day to look after yourself. ?

grannysyb Thu 17-Sep-20 08:52:48

Good morning, bright but a bit cooler here. Sitting in the car park waiting for my upholstery class. It's counted as education, we all take our temperatures and sit socially distanced with masks on! Hope all who feeling rough get better soon.

Anniebach Thu 17-Sep-20 08:54:32

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Thu 17-Sep-20 08:56:15

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s misty and the air is damp. We have heavy rain forecast this afternoon and thunderstorms tomorrow!
?
Pantglas you’ll be on your way home to Wales today - you’re not missing anything weather-wise!

Himself is going to a bar at teatime with his Glaswegian mate from here to watch the Rangers game so he’ll be wet inside as well.

Welcome to you Kate54 your comment made me laugh. Mind you at my age I’m not keen on ‘panties’. Hope you’re properly dressed today Beechnut!

Right decision re your spex Maw. I wear varifocals too and like to support the independent optician in our home town. Yes it’s more expensive but I justify it because (a) I’m supporting a local business and (b) acknowledging my eyesight is important.

I’m fine GG13 thank you for caring. The cut & thrust of the ‘news and politics’ threads are not for the faint hearted are they - as you well know! I don’t mind getting verbally bruised as long as it all stays on the public forum for everyone to see the comments. Once I received a horrid p.m. and that really crushed me.

Hope Thursday is good to us all. I do hope we all hear from gillybob soon. She must be having a tough time. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 17-Sep-20 08:58:44

Morning all from a fairly bright South Notts. A quiet day for me, I went out on my little drive yesterday, a nice circuit to keep the battery going. Also yesterday I made some 'damper', a very simple and fast Australian recipe for a type of tea bread which I was quite impressed with as no proving or kneading required.

It's meant to be lucky to wear things (especially vests) inside out, Beechnut so perhaps a lottery ticket should be purchased! That's what late MIL believed though it's never worked for me I'm sorry to say.

Look after yourselves everyone, especially those with illness or worries.

Gelisajams Thu 17-Sep-20 09:14:11

Good morning from a sunny bright Morecambe Bay. Lazy day today as the last few days have been full on. Had a disaster last night. My “ice cream” freezer had the door left open over night and all day.(no names mentioned). It worked had all day to keep it’s cool which just resulted in thawed contents and lots of ice. No serious expense but I could have done without dealing with it at 10pm.
DS and DG have both tested negative which was a bit of good news to start the day. Take care and stay safe everyone?

Nortsat Thu 17-Sep-20 09:15:09

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a currently sunny east London. Missy, our elderly cat has just joined me and she bids you all Good Morning, too.

I wasn’t well yesterday and am waiting for my GP to telephone this morning. My partner is waiting for a GP call with test results too. Then flu jabs at 3.30 today.
We’re turning into a pair of old crocks ...

Despite being unwell yesterday I managed to enjoy a takeaway for supper last night, so my appetite was unimpeded.

Sorry to hear so many Good Morning-ers aren’t well. Hope we all have a better day and that Beechnut is in full control of her undergarments.
Thinking of bluesapphire, Dragonfly and gilly, hoping Cherry is well, too.
Have a good day, all. ?

Nortsat Thu 17-Sep-20 09:17:23

Forgot to say ... Mellow your patio and the orange sunflower look lovely. The perfect spot for that early morning coffee ...?

GrannySomerset Thu 17-Sep-20 09:44:12

Horrible start to the day with a plague of flies in my bedroom. Can’t find where they are coming from and can see I will be thoroughly neurotic all day as I spray and vacuum them. Ugh!

Possibly a trip to the garden centre today if I can muster the enthusiasm but possibly not. I think the present state of affairs has deflated many of us who thought we had done quite well. The prospect of the winter months seeing hardly anyone is really depressing and I am finding it hard to see an upside. Anyone else feeling like this?

Auntieflo Thu 17-Sep-20 09:54:18

Morning Mick, Annie and all. Bright and sunny, but with a nip in the air here.
Going into town to post a parcel a bit later, and was wondering whether to try the bus, for the first time for 6 months.
Some weeding needs looking at, but it might be too warm later on ?, and I was going to change the bed linen, but DH has made the bed, so that's a job for another day then.
Still looking out for news of Gillybob. I do hope she is coping with all that life seems to throw at her. {{{hugs}}} Gilly.
Hope all who are a bit under the weather, perk up soon.
Have a good day one and all.

Greyduster Thu 17-Sep-20 09:56:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a bright and breezy South Yorkshire. DH let me sleep in this morning. I was overtired yesterday from our walk on Tuesday and then had a grumpy day because exactly the same thing happened to us as happened to you Gelisajams. Someone who shall be nameless left the freezer door open in the garage all night and half of yesterday morning. What a mess! All for a lump of ice in his scotch. I was furious; he was contrite. We are friends again. Nothing much on today except a bit of shopping. Have a good safe day everyone.

MiniMoon Thu 17-Sep-20 10:21:43

Good morning all, from a bright and sunny Northumberland.
I woke at 5:30 with horrible acid reflux, got up and took antacid. Went back to bed and consequently didn't get up again until 9:30.
It looks like our region is going into lockdown again , we expect an announcement today.
Have a good day, and those who are poorly, get well soon.

Grandmafrench Thu 17-Sep-20 10:26:36

Good Thursday morning everyone from a South of France where it's still hot and sunny and blue. No sign of Autumn here yet.

Today - probably not the best day but need some distraction from the "real" world - shall be pulling out every single framed photograph from our last home where they are taking up far too much space and can't be seen. Will take out all the photos and decide which frames to keep (in a much smaller house) and which to give away. We will then choose different photos for the chosen frames and decide where to hang them in the house. This will give us a huge storage space for other things. Well, that's the plan.

Enjoy every single moment, TerriBull. Corner do nothing, look after yourself, you're in charge of that so you owe yourself some immediate rest. Grammaretto lots of TLC., hot drinks and gargling with soluble aspirin (don't swallow). Works a treat. Keep going upwards, Taichinan and keep safe too.

Beechnut - we've all done it, having been less 'knicker alert' grin. NannyT Back to that ironing and keep away from high places?

Mellow a very pretty spot for coffee. It was the same in our family, but I recall the best rainy afternoon ever watching my Mum ironing some Elvis and Superman transfers (free in our comics) onto the fronts of her H's Y-fronts. Knowing his lack of humour, we kids thought it quite hysterical. (He almost laughed)!

Lins Yaay, enjoy your day x. And Gelisa Negative tests, hooray, hooray. Spoiled ice cream stores, groan. Life is often like that - but as long as you're both safe, what the heck!

GrannySomerset I feel your pain. I think you'll find that we're all taking it in turns to feel down. Then up. Then down again. What would you expect with no plan and no leadership? I've had to stop bothering with the news - it should carry a Government Health Warning grin. If it got any worse, it would almost be funny - hence the little photo today. Just take care and let it all out when you want a rant maybe flowers

Ellan you will doubtless have posted by the time I finish this manuscript........it had better be good news and you had better have calmed down or Grans Will March ! On a brighter note, loved your news of your little GGD. Sounds as if she is doing so much better than you thought. Fingers crossed, eh?

Have the best day you can and keep buggering on, everyone. Show 'em what we're made of.
Hugs from French France - whether you want them or not.

mrswoo Thu 17-Sep-20 10:31:04

It's a lovely morning here in Newcastle. We are waiting to hear what the new lockdown measures will be for the area. It's my birthday on sunday and we had a busy weekend planned but I guess our plans will now be quite restricted. I was thinking of gillybob and hoping that the new measures for the NE don't impact on her business.
DH has just booked a table for lunch at a very nice local pub - I think we both need cheering up and that might just do the trick!
Have a good day everyone

EllanVannin Thu 17-Sep-20 10:34:59

Good Morning All x
A lovely sunny, little breezy, morning, but pleasant for Autumn. It does help keep the spirits lifted.

My usual " war-cry "---no phone. Supposedly someone is coming tomorrow but if they think they're going to make any charges they've got another think coming !
Some wiring came out of the Ark and has never been replaced so they can get cracking with that, as apparently that's been a problem in the area. Makes you wonder where all the money's gone over the years !

Some cleaning to catch up with though to be honest I can't put my mind to anything much at the moment. It drives me mad when things go wrong, I get quite irrational and start swearing grin Worse things are happening I know.

I'm eyeing up the M&S/ Ocado delivery to use in readiness before winter sets in because I've got no intentions of venturing out, apart from the odd taxi trip to the bank and back. It's worth a fiver for the round trip, no crowds in shops.

flowers to those who feel under the weather for one thing or another and thoughts to our friends who are struggling xx
Everyone stay safe and well.

HAZBEEN Thu 17-Sep-20 11:00:18

Good morning all! Been up half the night with tummy trouble (sorry!) and sweating but feeling fine now. The washing is out, newspapers read and now time for a cuppa and reading GN what could be better!
Best wishes to all feeling down and special thoughts to all in sick bay.

Alegrias Thu 17-Sep-20 11:06:20

Good morning everyone. I'm posting today from a beautifully sunny Anstruther Harbour. The tide is just coming in and I can see Berwick Law across the Firth of Forth. There's a chap walking his two dogs on the beach and a little fishing boat bobbing about just outside the harbour wall.
It's good for the soul.
I hope everyone manages to have as good a day as I'm having.

Marydoll Thu 17-Sep-20 11:09:10

Anstruther, one of my favourite places. So many happy memories of holidays there.

CherryCezzy Thu 17-Sep-20 11:17:58

Good morning everyone from the Gower, the sky is blue, there's a gentle breeze and the temperature is just right for me ☺️

My quiz group were meant to be meeting up at our favourite cafe today but that's out of the window due to the new world order of play. I was looking forward to it, we all were, hey ho ?. We're having to rethink and may go on one of our walks instead but not this week ?

Grammaretto, you've been given some good advice to gargle with warm salty water, it usually works for me. Take it easy for a couple of days ?.

Good to hear that your lovely little DGD seems to be settling at school Susan ☺️

Must actually do the decluttering of the main bedroom today, meant to do it yesterday but didn't get round to it ?. I really need to sort out my wardrobe as it's got in a right mess and with colder cooler weather on the horizon I'll need those winter clothes out and summer ones packed away.

Love the satire Grandmafrench.

Thinking of our absent goodmorningers, especially gillybob, dragonfly and BlueSapphire ???

Stay safe and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Mapleleaf Thu 17-Sep-20 11:54:56

A very late good morning to you all,

I've not read all the posts through yet, just skimmed, but thought I'd better post before its afternoon.

What a lovely spot for a coffee, mellowyellow. Very pretty. I've got a sunflower in bloom just now that has stayed upright. It's one if the shorter variety so stands abot 3 foot high. I've just been out and secured it to its stick in case we get any wind in the next day or so. I think we are so lucky to be having these brighter days for the moment - should help us cope with the darker, wintry days to follow.

Thinking of all of you unwell or struggling and hope today brings some ease to you. ?

Take care everyone.

Alegrias Thu 17-Sep-20 13:48:06

Marydoll

Anstruther, one of my favourite places. So many happy memories of holidays there.

Hope you like the picture Marydoll

Alegrias Thu 17-Sep-20 13:54:18

Marydoll

oops, attaching the picture didn't work. I'll try again.

Alegrias Thu 17-Sep-20 13:54:39

Now we have 2! Sorry everyone!