Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Wed 23-Sep-20 06:16:34

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its dark still here in Brackley , paths are wet so a weather change on the way.
Today, small shop locally I am in and out of the Supermarket, before 8 with 0730 opening.
Quite day in as I build up to the World Cycling Road Race and time trials over next 4 days , would have been a full week of racing this year in Switzerland , but governing body switched to Italy and imola as the Swiss did not want crowds as they are trying to control the epidemic .
Take Care ,
Mick

hulahoop Wed 23-Sep-20 10:31:56

Good morning from every set w/York's ,we had a drive to coast yesterday hard to believe it was 26degrees hope it isn't last of warm days ,I don't post everyday but I like to read your posts so don't know what upset you ellan vannin but don't stop posting take care everyone .

benjamina Wed 23-Sep-20 10:37:19

EV - you just made my day better. Really happy you came back smile

Kalu Wed 23-Sep-20 10:39:33

Just read yesterday’s thread EV. Angry doesn’t cover it as this one has upset so many of us and is allowed to continue doing so!?

You are such a welcome part of my morning, don’t let that nasty smell that keeps coming back get to you. That tasty breakfast is sure to set you up for the day. Keep on keeping on.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers and a welcome note of encouragement GrannyGravy. ?‍♀️

CherryCezzy Wed 23-Sep-20 10:40:39

Good morning everyone from a damp Gower. I'm actually quite pleased as the garden needs it.

I'm on a mission today... I must finish sorting out bedroom out! I feel so tired all the time, completely lacking in energy. Must do better as they say ?

I do hope Ellan posts. I missed the naming and shaming but from yesterday have a good idea who it was. Don't stop posting here Ellan or else the bully wins!

Good news about Hattie Maw. I hope the vet comes up with the answer, Hattie is easily treated and back to her old self.

What a fiasco Georgesgran. It's no way for the NHS to proceed, it's adding stress for patients and loved ones. I hope you get answers soon and your DH's treatment can progress.

Umph, I'm miffed for you Marydoll. What a frustrating outing ?.

Fond wishes for our missing posters ?

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

HAZBEEN Wed 23-Sep-20 10:47:07

Good morning all from Surrey!
Good to read you are back on form EV it wouldn't be the same without you!
Marydoll you are braver than me, crowded shops worry me now. I was never bothered years ago but after having a panic attack out of the blue in the centre of Torrevieja (Spain) about 15 years ago I have never felt the same about shopping, give me the internet anytime now!
Having said that I must venture into Staines and go to the bank at some stage, I have cheques to pay in and need to talk to someone about something, I cant seem to get through on the phone to them. Our local branch closed a couple of years ago so now have to travel to do anything banking, thank goodness we got the car this year as I couldnt face the bus.
Stay safe everyone, and best wishes to all having troubles at the moment.

Nortsat Wed 23-Sep-20 11:02:14

A late good morning Mick and the GM team from an overcast East London.

We enjoyed Bake Off last night on C4 and decided at the last minute to have a takeaway. It was nice that there was no cooking and little washing up.

We didn’t seem to hear anything about shielding being reintroduced in England, during yesterday’s updates. My partner and I are already being v careful so no change for us.

Good to see Ellan this morning.
It’s surprising how one individual with malicious intent can have such a negative impact.
Maw good news about Hattie, though I appreciate you and she still have a way to go. Bless her with her stripey tummy.
Lovely flowers GG
Lovely sky Ginster.

Good thoughts to Bluesapphire, Dragonfly, gilly and all who are facing challenges. Have a nice day GNs. ?

MellowYellow Wed 23-Sep-20 11:10:00

Hooray EV, you came back. I don't know which prom you meant but my daughter is in New Brighton and she's always 'going down the prom' ha ha. There seem to be proms galore in your area. Very few in Cornwall! Maw, I would knit Hattie a coat if I lived near you/her.

Doodle Wed 23-Sep-20 11:11:09

EV glad you continued to post. I think of your little Ruby-Lou often. I hope she’s ok and well cared for.
Maw so glad Hattie is home safely and nothing bad on the scans. Poor girl certainly needs a warm jumper of some kind.
gillybob hope you are ok.

Doodle Wed 23-Sep-20 11:13:05

Marydoll hope your treatment is starting to work for you and the side effects lessen.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 23-Sep-20 11:18:00

Good Morning all from dull and wet Harrogate. Might do a bit more baking this am - my biscuits keep disappearing. I'm trying to get my DH to put on weight, but fail miserably, (I succeed in putting the weight on me!).
I have a wash on, but not much chance of being able to hang it out today.
DH took the car for servicing this am, to get home, he's just missed a bus so walked in the teeming rain (about 2 - 3 miles)
Hope you all will manage to make the best of the lousy weather and Covid rules. Stay well.

CherryCezzy Wed 23-Sep-20 11:24:39

I took so long posting that you snuck in under my nose Ellan blush. Pleased you posted ☺️

Taichinan Wed 23-Sep-20 11:25:23

Thank you for the flowers Grannygravy - they're beautiful and I'm sure they make you smile whenever you look at them!

Feelingmyage55 Wed 23-Sep-20 11:37:24

Good morning from a bright north of Scotland but my goodness it felt like winter when I went out for a stroll very early this morning. I say stroll because I walked so slowly enjoying the light and shade in the woods, the sun on the spiders webs and examine all the strange fungi that have sprung up overnight.
I have forgotten what it is like to go into a shop! Every time I pass our little shopping centre in the car I see queues for the car park and so many people that I am not brave enough to go in.
EVlovely to see you.
GG thank you for the flowers.