Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 23-Sep-20 13:52:27

Oops! Sorry to have kept you waiting on the new doorstep. Come on in and let's celebrate our new kitchen. grin

Susan56 Thu 24-Sep-20 17:43:23

Grandmabatty, I have the same combination of conditions as you and I too have had a nap this afternoon which is unusual for me?

Hope the care home visit went well soop.I’m sure your pal will have been so glad to see you.

Another spectacular sunset.Like yesterday’s view from your window it is beautiful.I agree with Grandmafrench,they look like paintings.

TOYA

Puzzler61 Thu 24-Sep-20 17:51:08

Hello. There has been a chilly nip in the air today and it prompted me to bring Soup into the kitchen for you all. It’s a wholesome mixture of vegetables I had in store and it’s tasty with sourdough bread in particular.

Can you believe we had thunder and a hail shower this afternoon which left the patio white! Has anyone else had such a weird weather day?

Sending warm wishes to you all.

soop Thu 24-Sep-20 17:51:31

Sorry to have to dash in and out again. Afternoon has disappeared into the ether. Will catch up with you all tomorrow. smile moon x

Charleygirl5 Thu 24-Sep-20 18:42:09

I had an appointment for my flu jab and made it home in time to rescue my washing because we also had heavy thunder and the heavens opened. I didn't mind, saved me from watering.

I have to take Tara tomorrow for her annual injections. I have been told I probably will not be able to be with her. Good luck to them, she will curl in a ball.
TOYA

kittylester Thu 24-Sep-20 21:32:27

I'm just popping in to see how everyone it. I dont seem to have seen Izabella or callgirl for a while. I hope they are ok.

We are having a trying time with a bit of our wider family (on DH's side!!!) but this picture of Wolfie cheered me up no end.

annsixty Thu 24-Sep-20 22:28:15

He’s lovely kitty and such a happy fellow.
He would brighten up anyone’s day.
All the GC on here are such lovely children and a joy to see.

Charleygirl5 Thu 24-Sep-20 22:33:31

kittylester he has grown so quickly. He was a baby in arms days ago it would seem. A happy, smiley chap. Not a naughty bone in his body!!!

Susan56 Thu 24-Sep-20 22:39:34

What a lovely picture of Wolfie kitty?

Bellanonna Thu 24-Sep-20 22:47:01

Kitty, what a lovely picture of little Wolfie!

Bellanonna Thu 24-Sep-20 22:48:57

(I didn’t see your post, Susan, and wasn’t copying it nearly word for word!?)

Greyduster Fri 25-Sep-20 07:31:22

Gorgeous photo, Kitty! What a handsome little chap he is!

Susan56 Fri 25-Sep-20 07:52:24

Bellanonna ?

Grandmabatty Fri 25-Sep-20 08:36:19

Kittylester wolfie is just gorgeous. He looks like a really happy wee man. Susan56 it's a nuisance, isn't it? I think the changeable weather doesn't help. The lure of the garden centre is calling me today. Goodness knows what I'll come home with!

Susan56 Fri 25-Sep-20 08:55:00

Grandmabatty,it really is a nuisance but I think you are right about the weather not helping.Hope you are feeling better today?

Grandmabatty Fri 25-Sep-20 11:52:57

Susan56 I am feeling better thank you. I was in a 'woe is me' mood earlier but I made myself go out to the garden centre and now I have some planting up to do. I also feel brighter. I've just had a homemade scone with rhubarb and ginger jam and I made a pizza for dinner last night and have enough left to feed the five thousand so pizza again tonight. It was a lovely morning earlier but has turned cloudy and cold so I'd better get myself out planting before the rain starts.

annodomini Fri 25-Sep-20 12:41:00

Kitty, Wolfie is a lively little fellow with a sparkle in his eye that tells me he has you round his little finger.

Nannytopsy Fri 25-Sep-20 12:54:04

What a boy Wolfie is!
I am in a tizz this morning having had an early hairdresser appointment. The lady was just leaving as I got there, having been ill. The young lady I was given to has made a complete pigs ear of it, despite me taking a photo in of myself and how it should be. What to do? They can’t stick it back! It needs evening up I think and the fringe needs levelling.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 25-Sep-20 12:56:48

Kittylester what a handsome boy Wolfie is.

Susan56 Fri 25-Sep-20 13:18:59

Glad you’re feeling brighter Grandmabatty?

Nannytopsy,what a nightmare?and blooming annoying too?

Synonymous Fri 25-Sep-20 13:41:39

Oh dear Nannytopsy! It is always a lottery when someone 'new' does your hair and to suddenly be faced with that situation in the current Ovid scenario when you don't know if and when you might get another appointment means you are more likely to take the risk. Some you win and some you lose! At least it grows again. hmm

kitty what a dear wee boy Wolfie is!

I was reminded of something my mum would have said, he looks so gorgeous she could eat him - sounds startling but I know what she meant. Such strange sayings and we didn't think anything of it at the time. Today my cleaner looked and said "Wicked" which I think is not only strange but not at all nice but such is the modern twisting of words to mean the opposite of the original meaing. Funny world we are living in!

Synonymous Fri 25-Sep-20 13:49:42

Himself is bottling pears as we have such a huge crop of them this year. He has so far managed to fill a set of five drawers and three cupboards with water, flood the floor and the work top is awash! What a guddle, I just hope they taste good! hmm

Charleygirl5 Fri 25-Sep-20 14:12:38

Synonymous I do not think I would employ that free help again- he is too much of a liability.

soop Fri 25-Sep-20 14:13:49

A bright and breezy good afternoon greeting from Kintyre. I shall have more pics to share with you.

Kitty Wolfie has the look of a precious wee rascal. That grin and the sparkling eyes...wonderful!

Nannytopsy I really do feel your disappointment. Our hair is important to we gals. Yours will grow. It will settle down. I've a razor thingy that I use to thin and sharpen the look of of my fringe. Chin up!

Grandmabatty and Susan, I hope that you are both feeling rested and brighter in spirit today.

Puzzler Thick home-made soup and crusty bread. I call that a feast. Simple pleasures. smile

Welcome back, Greyduster It seems an age since we last shared your company.

Charleyg hmm Tara is not going to oblige, I fear. The vet had better beware.

Yesterday's visit to the care home was beyond strange. I wore a disposable apron, gloves and mask (naturally). The bananas had to be "sanitised" (naturally). I sat one side of a room and our pal sat some distance away in his wheelchair. It was difficult to hear what he was saying. He has lost such a lot of weight as he's on a soft food diet. I did a double take when I entered the room. We were permitted a strict 25 mins. A carer sat outside the open door throughout. In a way, it was hardly a pleasant experience. We are used to breezing into his room, armed with treats, sitting beside his bed, holding hands and all that...I doubt that things will ever revert to those relaxed days pre-Covid.

MacSporran's scalp is zapped every six months. The sun damage has made an unsightly mess of his head. As he's almost bald, there is no way of disguising the scar tissue. He needs Trump style comb-over.

Flu jabs to be booked. Such excitement. I can barely contain myself. wink

Three pics...Campbeltown Loch, our garden and last night's sky.

Grandmabatty Fri 25-Sep-20 14:22:02

Your garden is beautiful Soop so lovely. And the other photos are gorgeous too. What a shock that must have been for you to see the changes in your friend. I'm sure he was glad to see you though. Macsporran needs to wear a bunnet outside. I kept my dad's so I have two spare here he can have ?. I could do with a plate of soup. I think I'll make some tomorrow.

Greyduster Fri 25-Sep-20 14:38:22

Soop is that the Campbeltown Loch of “I wish you were whisky, I would drink you dry” fame???

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion