Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 23-Sep-20 13:52:27

Oops! Sorry to have kept you waiting on the new doorstep. Come on in and let's celebrate our new kitchen. grin

Charleygirl5 Fri 23-Oct-20 13:52:21

soop I hate to tell you that you will not be starting now! You have had a hip replacement, albeit a few years ago and it will not tolerate that sort of treatment. You are booked for one surgery- we do not want to cancel the first surgery to make space for another more urgent one!

Nannytopsy Fri 23-Oct-20 14:25:03

Just lost a long post - what a buggeration! DGC are playing Lego with grandpa - lots of rattling and singing drifting down from upstairs ?.
Ann it’s lovely to hear you sounding so positive despite being forgotten. Nothing new - I was “ lost” on the wrong ward for a week after my second C section. I had to ask if they could remove the stitches and send me home!
Susan what a worry for you - I hope there is good news soon.
The song has just changed from “ twinkle twinkle” to “Mama Mia, diahorrea ...” ?

Nannytopsy Fri 23-Oct-20 15:12:17

Has that planted an ear worm in your mind? ???

Susan56 Fri 23-Oct-20 15:36:07

Just a quick update.Our daughter is now home feeling rotten but the dr thought that once the IV fluids and medicines had gone through she would be safer at home.

She has some really strong antibiotics but will still be able to feed Henry who is back home.Matilda will stay with us for a few days.

Thank you for all your concern and kind words.

TOYA

Grandmabatty Fri 23-Oct-20 15:44:50

That's good news Susan. Hopefully your dd will be able to recover better in her own home. Talking of firemen and the argy, I like firemen as they have shiny helmets and long poles. But I'll leave it there. ?

soop Fri 23-Oct-20 15:56:37

Better news, Susan. I wonder what it was that made your daughter so poorly. I'm pleased that Henry is with his mummy. I'm guessing that Matilda is in for a good deal of special spoiling. smile

Nannytopsy The answer to your question is - YES! grin

Charleyg I have two prosthetic wotsits hips. Hence, I'm a good candidate for a gentle fireman's lift.

Grandmabatty You rascal. shock

soop Fri 23-Oct-20 16:00:51

Almost forgot (not). New photos of the great grandchildren.
Also, the rainbow that appeared about half an hour ago.

Grandmabatty Fri 23-Oct-20 16:03:11

... The following day I was back in the senior management corridor when I spotted a very tatty academic robe hanging up outside one of the deputes office. It looked identical to the one worn by the helper of the previous evening. I looked through the window into the office and no one was there, however I was startled by a reflection looking back at me. The face was long and severe. It seemed to be a man who was tall and thin. I whirled round, ready to apologise for looking in his office and no one was there...

Galen Fri 23-Oct-20 16:37:40

My dgs has had to have a test for Covid-19. We await the results. His sisters are not happy with him due to their enforced incarceration.

kittylester Fri 23-Oct-20 17:14:58

I think everyone here is getting silly now in preparation for a new kitchen!! I'm looking at you soop and doodle - you will be worn out before you get to the argy.

Susan, I hope your dd improves quickly but not so quickly that you have to give Matilda back just yet.

Thanks for that topsy grin

Adorable photos soop.

Galen my son tested positive a week ago and his partner and son have tested negative but, of course, they still have to isolate - they are not happy either.

See you in the new place!!

annodomini Fri 23-Oct-20 17:32:10

Galen, I hope his test proves negative. Where is he likely to have picked up the virus?
Ann, a lack of joined-up thinking. Surely someone will come to remove those staples! I am sure I had self-dissolving stitches after my hip and shoulder ops.
Susan, you must have been frantic about your DD and it's good that she has been sent home - hopefully to recover. Henry needs her! A good job you had Matilda.

soop Fri 23-Oct-20 17:45:26

Grandmabatty I look forward to the next episode.

Galen A buggeration indeed. Please keep us updated.

We are extremely close to moving into our new kitchen. Knowing you lot it will happen before I next log on. Would the last person to visit this kitchen, kindly open a new one on our behalf. Cosy and kindly and you know the rest.

I am logging off. Sadly, I've been excluded from the argy bargy do. Apparently there aren't enough chaps to go round. No way would I deprive you laydees of a good night of raucous fun and games. I've contributed my so-called cake. It's laced with special herbal seeds that came through the post in a plain wrapper. As herbs are supposed to be good for us...let me know the outcome.

Night night. Back with you tomorrow. smile moon

dragonfly46 Fri 23-Oct-20 17:53:53

Good news Susan

GrannyGravy13 Fri 23-Oct-20 18:32:35

Hope your DD continues to improve Susan to quote Dorothy theres no place like home thanks

eilyann Fri 23-Oct-20 19:14:19

So sorry haven't posted for ages! I do read though and think of you all. Have been having 'tests' and 'scans' up the ying yang (Latest one brain scan - wonder if they found one?)
But good news DD1 has adopted a dog from Cyprus - appropriate as she was was born there!- she's the last of the three to cave as she calls it.Other two daughters have been working on her to get one for a couple of years. Her elder two sons - one at uni and one in the army - most dischuffed that they've waited this long! He's 7 years old and has spent 5 of those in kennels. Very nervous but already attached to DSIL so hoping for good things. Keep us in your thoughts!

mrshat Fri 23-Oct-20 20:07:22

soop great news all 'round. Take care both. flowers

Doodle Fri 23-Oct-20 22:15:57

Phoenix, Maw and Charleygirl may well have a hangover tomorrow. ?. Sorry soop we ran out of men due to that hussy Lisagran who took more than her fair share. ?

Galen Sat 24-Oct-20 00:10:17

Tested negative. Much to his elder sister’s relief!

Feelingmyage55 Sat 24-Oct-20 00:26:39

I haven’t brought cake as I’ve been too busy making jam and jelly/. However several packets of headaches and stomach calming remedies have been left beside the kettle for the party laydees.

Puzzler61 Sat 24-Oct-20 09:12:42

I hope the laydee’s enjoyed their breakout party. If they have hangovers they know they had a good night. They will probably still be sleeping ? Ssshhh.
Good morning to all ?
Very good news Galen. ?

cornergran Sat 24-Oct-20 09:21:39

That’s a relief galen, pleased for everyone,

Tip toeing around this morning trying not to disturb the partygoers. Lots of strong coffee in the side keeping hot when they wake.

Take care everyone. Hope your Saturdays are as good as our funny old world allows them to be.

Charleygirl5 Sat 24-Oct-20 09:26:58

Tara's internal clock is rather different from mine, unfortunately. I took my own diet coke last night- less harmful that eg Dettol added to a drink.

Not the warmest day here.
TOYA

soop Sat 24-Oct-20 11:59:23

~Welcome back eilyaan. It's been ages since you were last here with us in the kitchen.
Lucky dog to have finally found a good home and people who will love him. Any photos? What name? You know how much we enjoy all the animals who frequent our kitchen.

Thank you, mrshat. Enjoy your weekend.

Good news, Galen. A cheerful note on which to start our day.

Doodle Tell Lisagran that I need an update. How many men did she manage to keep happy? I'm guessing more than her fair share...including the fireman that I had my eye on.

Feelingmyage I'm volunteering to test taste your jams and jellies. There is some warm crusty bread in the kitchen.

Puzzler and corner Shhh! hmm I was about to sort the saucepan cupboard. A noisy job at the best of times.

Charleyg Dettol? Where did that come from? Are you referring to Mr Trump's strange habits?

soop Sat 24-Oct-20 12:00:39

We are there. We need to move into our new kitchen. See you there for a celebratory glass of fizz.

soop Sat 24-Oct-20 12:01:23

Locking the door. Key to the new kitchen in my pocket. Bye for now. smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion