Gransnet forums

Chat

Remote door bell recordings

(7 Posts)
Elizabeth1 Mon 28-Sep-20 16:15:18

Good thinking Elegranwink flowers

Elegran Sat 26-Sep-20 20:08:16

Not a doorbell and not recording anything, but since I bought a drive sensor alarm I now know what time my neighbourhood fox patrols the garden (11 pm and 6.30 am nightly, plus random visits at other times) and I am alerted when my kind next-door neighbour brings in my wheelie-bin. I have changed the alarm sound to a noise like an artificial intelligence dog barking so that I am not fooled into thinking it is the doorbell.

Furret Sat 26-Sep-20 17:35:32

I now know my milkman arrives between 1.30-2.00 am and walks with a limp.

Liz46 Sat 26-Sep-20 16:41:36

My daughter has one and loves it.

Elizabeth1 Sat 26-Sep-20 16:18:23

I had a fall at my front door yesterday this was recorded on my camera helping me to see where I lost concentration and also helping my carer to see how I should have been supported. Thankfully all is well though at the time of impact I got such a scare shock thinking I had done more damage than I actually had. I love this camera. And all it’s quirks smile

Teacheranne Fri 25-Sep-20 19:14:49

Yes, we installed a door bell camera at my mums house, together with three security lights and cameras around the house - like a ring of steel to keep her safe! I got alerts on my phone and iPad so knew as someone approached her house then rang the bell. I could then talk to the person at the door or even once to some kids in the garden - made them jump!

It prevented her from being targeted by scammers and I even recoded one such nasty person and reported him to the police with the recordings.

Elizabeth1 Fri 25-Sep-20 19:08:30

Gosh what a lot of fun this new gadget has given me ( I’m easy pleased) my sister bought this gadget because she was fed up with me shouting from my bed “there’s someone at the door!”I can now answer the door via my iPad and talk to the delivery person. As a joke my DH tried it out by ringing the door bell saying parcel for ( Mrs me) I was then able to tell him where to put itwink it’s infrared in the dark and it gives off an eerie black and white picture of the person at the front door. If I’m out of a morning I can see what time the posty has been i can even answer the door remotely should I be far away a. Has anyone else got one of these gadgets ?