Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Sun 27-Sep-20 06:20:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its fark but looking dry out there this morning in Brackley .
Yesterday , my planned schedule was disrupted as the cafe where I go to in Bicester now being table service , there was no available tables despite being as regular.
Anyway , did shop in Bicester and returned home via Buckingham and the cafe there was as normal , before a browse and a chat with a dealer at the flea market , before getting bus home.
Today , breakfast , watch TV , cycling starts at 8 on the red button with something like 8 hours coverage of thee Men's elite Road race , unlike last year with this event at Harrogate it was wet all day .
One thing from yesterdays experience , there seems thanks to government rule changes an urge to panic buy , likewise Bicester retail Village was busy people buying things when there is no rush to.
Take Care,
Mick

CaroleAnne Sun 27-Sep-20 12:44:22

Happy birthday to NanKate.sflowers

NfkDumpling Sun 27-Sep-20 12:31:31

(Surrup Urmston!)

NfkDumpling Sun 27-Sep-20 12:30:47

Unless the weather has improved here by next weekend gillgran, you'd be best to stay at home!

Urmstongran Sun 27-Sep-20 12:13:53

Congratulations to (soon to be) MajorGravy! Bet you’re all very proud, quite rightly so.

I'll probably find Lord Lucan in there somewhere my best giggle of the morning EV
?
You have a way with words!

Boy it’s hot on this balcony (sorry) but it’s where I get the best WiFi signal. I’m going inside to cool off ...

HAZBEEN Sun 27-Sep-20 12:00:33

Good morning (just) all!
Had my flu jab yesterday, sore arm today! OH is cooking Sunday lunch, roast chicken and stuffing today. He always does an extra plate for our neighbour opposite. Shes a lovely lady who is only partially sighted. Her whole family came to the UK from Burma when she was 12 years old, fleeing the regime there. She has served in the Wrens and keeps OH in hysterics with her stories of what she got up to.
Not a lot planned today apart from watching the GP and doing a bit of Family History research.
Happy birthday to little Henry and Nankate, welcome to any new posters and thinking of those on the missing list.
Stay safe everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 27-Sep-20 11:30:13

Good Morning from a dreary Harrogate - Happy birthday NanKate - have a good day. Last night for an unknown reason it was a waste of time going to bed, hence today feeling a bit sorry for myself. Today am expecting an Amazon delivery and am expected to have proof that I am over 18, think my face might do?? DD1 is full of the cold, but had originally hoped we would be round at hers for a meal, obviously not now. DD2 came round yesterday pm, unfortunately DGS was not with her, because it was his turn to be with his dad (a very strange man, but he does loves his son)
Anyway hope you are all bearing up to all the changes that keep going on

gillgran Sun 27-Sep-20 11:26:19

Good Morning to you all from a dry, overcast & very windy Cambs., Forecast is that this is the last day of this cold north wind, let's hope so.!
I always "follow" the weather in Norfolk, so thanks to Nfk & to Maw. We hope to be back next weekend to our little home-from-home there.

Happy Birthday NanKate, 1946 was a very good year......

Good to "see" Dragonfly & Bellasnana in recent days,( on here.) missing Gillybob.

Best Wishes to you all, flowers

Take Care Folks.

hulahoop Sun 27-Sep-20 11:21:47

Good morning from West York's, bedding on line so hope it stays dry steak pie with some lovely veg later today.happy birthday Nan Kate enjoy you day .Keep safe everyone .

Millie22 Sun 27-Sep-20 10:51:45

Happy Birthday NanKate ???
I don't usually post here but love to hear everyone's news. Have you been watching the repeats of the tennis with Rafa. Last year you told me you had a celebratory drink on his wedding day which I thought was lovely.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 27-Sep-20 10:36:40

Morning all from a bright and blustery South Notts. The ironing is done so I'm feeling a little virtuous and it'll be a trip to the supermarket in a short while.
Happy birthday NanKate and welcome to Fanny.
Have received a text from the Covid thingy about apps and all that, I'll need help with that. I can decipher a knitting pattern but this modern technology almost has me running to the hills while screaming.
I'd love a quiet day with the newspaper and feet up though I know I really should mow the lawn and finish painting the shed, oh crumbs. Not much to complain about.
Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with illness or worries.

Georgesgran Sun 27-Sep-20 10:31:51

Good morning from Durham. Looks cool and overcast here, but I’ve not set foot outside yet.

Two texts today:- NHS want us to download the T&T App, but our IPhones are too old. Now, our GP surgery’s doing a mass flu vaccination in a local Church next weekend - talk about herd immunity - more like herding cattle? I tried to book at Boots for last week, but couldn’t get a confirmation.
DH seems to have pulled a muscle in the back of his leg - he really is fed up with things at the moment.

Hope everyone has the best day today and thinking of missing regular GNs. X

Megs36 Sun 27-Sep-20 10:17:07

Maw well done on your long drive, well worth it to see family! Mine all live between 30 and 300 miles away, and one in Oz ?, lucky saw them all for few hours before Rule of 6. for , our Diamond Wedding picnic.I haven’t been driving for more than a year now (stroke in early 2019) and my husband is driving only locally and his health is poor so relying on phone and WatsApp more and more. Thank goodness for modern technology,So all the time you can keep up the good work Carry On!!

Mapleleaf Sun 27-Sep-20 10:01:37

Good morning

It's a grey, breezy and chilly morning here in South Yorkshire but not as wild as yesterday.

Not a lot on the agenda for today other than general chores and a washing load to go on the line when it's finished in the machine.

Had a lovely afternoon tea yesterday in a grand but faded old hall. We had been given a voucher at Christmas, but due to Covid, it got postponed until yesterday. We had one last month, too, so it's been a special treat. ?

Welcome to this thread, Fanny. I've seen you post on other threads, but nice to see you here, too.

Many happy returns, NanKate. Enjoy your lunch out today. ???

Is Henry one already? My goodness, that time has soon passed Susan. I hope you all enjoy his special day.

Take care everyone, it's lovely to see Bellasnana and Dragonfly back and thinking of all our other regular posters who are not posting at the moment with kind thoughts. ?

EllanVannin Sun 27-Sep-20 10:00:44

Good Morning All x Happy Birthday NanKate x Enjoy wine flowers

A beautiful and calm sunny day. There's still a bit of heat left in that sun. Enjoyed my first cuppa as always, it's like mud grin then crumpets next.

As mentioned yesterday, hotpot today which will " do " in the oven for a good part of the day and apple crumble for afters.
Hope Henry's day goes well Susan and the weather is kind to you all x How lovely to hear of the celebration.
Birthdays galore for the next month I think. I have 3.

Hope to hear from D today to find out how their travels went yesterday. It's a long way for just a day's journey as they usually stay overnight at a Travel-lodge, but because of school she prefers to get back and sort uniforms out ready for Monday.

Lovely to see Bellasnana as she is a reminder of the lovely holidays in Malta x Also Dragonfly too. x.

The security check that Marydoll mentioned also reminded me when B gained his job working for the government in telecommunications and the check on members of the family which went back ten years---including my in-laws at the time. From then on we called him 007 and a half grin
He'd kitted out 12 army lorries in South Africa with telephones but couldn't say any more than that. Risky work too in Turkey.

Needless to say I'm not much further on with my blitzing of the cupboard. There's always one cupboard where everything gets thrown in hoping for the best that nothing comes tumbling down. Trouble is, one of the cats has a fascination for rooting around in there and trying to jump on the shelf so I have to call it a day----my excuse. I'll probably find Lord Lucan in there somewhere grin

Must get washed and dressed now and quell my starvation so take care everyone and stay safe ( she said sneezing her head off ) Enjoy this lovely Sunday, if you have sun of course.xx

Kalu Sun 27-Sep-20 09:35:37

Good morning all from a sunny frosty Glasgow. Although it’s chilly outside it’s also very pretty as the sun shines on the frosty grass making it sparkle.

A warm welcome to our thread Fanny I am waiting with bated breath to find out how much your property is worth!?
Nosy Urmston has to know every detail.?
Many happy returns Kate but with my GD2’s calculations you are actually 60/14?. Enjoy your birthday lunch. Italian espresso is one of my favourites.
You must have been shattered after such a long drive in one day Maw. Enjoy your day busy doing nothing.
I seem to tidy the garden more than I tidy the house Beauregard ?
A bouncy castle is perfect for Henry’s party Susan those three will have a whale of a time.
So nice to see you here this morning Bellasnana. I can’t believe your darling GD is 9 now. I’m sure you enjoyed every minute listening to her chatter.

A faffing about day ahead for me and my to do list can have a day off too.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and kind wishes to our missing at the moment friends.

Scentia Sun 27-Sep-20 09:17:05

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Cooler this weekend, I believe Autumn has arrived. It is my favourite time of year, the colours and the fresh mornings are so invigorating.
I had my DGS on Friday night and I gave a problem, his cup has gone missing! He had it at tea time and it was in the lounge then come bed time, nowhere to be seen.
I have checked everywhere and I mean everywhere, I even had the wheel I bin upside down!!
Where the heck is it, where would a dog or an 17month old child find to hide a plastic cup that I couldn’t find it. I could get a new one, and will today but it is drive insane wondering where it has gone.
Anyway, a big smile to all my Good Morning friends, old and new and get yourselves out (even just to the door) and embrace this fresh air.

Greyduster Sun 27-Sep-20 09:16:38

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a cool, grey South Yorkshire. It was so cold last night I wore bedsocks! We had a walk down the valley yesterday. Ploughing (or whatever passes for ploughing - they don’t go very deep these days) was in full swing. Trees are starting to turn. DD and her menfolk are coming over later for a curry lunch. There are always a lot of bits and pieces to go with curry; it’s more trouble than a roast.
Happy Birthday NanKate! Have a lovely day! All the best people are seventy four this year!???
Have a safe and happy Sunday, folks.

GrannyOwl5 Sun 27-Sep-20 09:04:33

Good morning everyone from a grey and windy North Kent. We arrived home from our Yorkshire holiday yesterday after a good journey. Although we had a wonderful time away it felt good to be safely back home.
A day of tidying and sorting out the garage awaits; one person in the family is not very good at putting things back where they’ve come from, so the shelves are a bit jumbled. I love getting things tidied away ready for the winter!
Hope everyone has a good day

NannyJan53 Sun 27-Sep-20 09:03:12

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country, albeit with a chill in the air.

Partner is planning on cleaning his car today, I am hoping he will do mine too smile

Will perhaps go for a canalside walk this afternoon.

Roast chicken for dinner tonight which is the first one for months. Then Monday I will make my chicken soup, a sure sign Autumn is here.

Welcome to the GM thread Fanny

Happy gardening Jaxjacky

Hoping to see gilly posting soon, we worry about you flowers

Have the happiest of birthdays NanKate. Your lunch out sounds lovely.

Sark Sun 27-Sep-20 09:01:00

Good Morning from a bright and breezy Oxfordshire.
Proper lie in this morning with the paper, tea and toast courtesy of DH bless him!

Having said that I love the sound of breakfast in the summer house Gingster We rarely get the chance but love sitting watching the sea.

Happy birthday NanKate and hi FannyCornforth

Had the GC Friday night/yesterday so a quiet day getting the house straight again and I have a pile of ironing to tackle.

Just a pasta bake and salad for lunch I expect.

Have a happy Sunday everyone

GrannySomerset Sun 27-Sep-20 09:00:48

Lovely golden morning in North Somerset where I have just waved goodbye to DS and fiancée after a lovely visit which has cheered us both. DS is urging me to find help with his father but I really don’t know what we need or how to access it under the present restricted circumstances. At least he doesn’t lecture me as his sister does though with the best of motives.

Church service (masks, no singing, no mingling) and possibly a start on the bulb planting but no other plans other than the Sunday paper. Could be a lot worse.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 27-Sep-20 08:56:54

Good morning Mick and all

Eight hours of cycling Mick enjoy ?‍♂️

Happy Birthday NanKate ????

It’s Grey and windy here just up the road from Sar53 in S E Essex, after so many months of good weather it’s a shock to the system. It was a choice of lighting the fire or firing up the heating yesterday, we chose the heating option !!!

We had some good news yesterday, eldest AC who is in the army has been promoted to Major and will return home from Kenya next August. We are extremely proud of him. We should be going to Kenya for four weeks Oct/Nov to stay with them but due to Covid I am reluctant to fly, hopefully things will improve and we can go after Christmas.

Think we will go out for a late lunch (5 ish) as I forgot to buy a joint yesterday (didn’t leave the house, as weather was appalling)

Lovely to have you back Bella and Dragonfly , welcome Fanny Gilly and BlueSaphire you are very much missed.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Anniebach Sun 27-Sep-20 08:55:15

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

grannysyb Sun 27-Sep-20 08:49:58

Good morning all, grey and cool here. Happy birthday Nankate, enjoy your day. We are going to the allotment to move the strawberries, I planted them in the wrong place, the bed they are going into is in a much sunnier spot. Not much else planned. Have a good day everyone.

Grandmabatty Sun 27-Sep-20 08:41:43

Happy birthday to Nankate and to Henry too. I hope you both have lovely days. It's freezing in Polmont. Cars are covered in frost and spider webs are glistening on all the railings. Like Marydoll I love this time of year. I'm going out for lunch today to a lovely local restaurant. My oldest friend and her partner are taking me for a late birthday celebration. It's the only way we can see each other as no household mingling is the rule. I'm looking forward to it. I made a massive pot of lentil and vegetable soup yesterday and roasted a chicken so I'll probably just have a bowl of soup at tea time. Have a good day all.