Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Mon 28-Sep-20 06:09:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but a clear sky above this morning in Brackley .
Today a quiet day after watching yesterdays world champs unfold on TV .
Do some laundry , and later today get the flu jab, as my surgery are visiting the residential home.
Take Care ,
Mick

cornergran Mon 28-Sep-20 08:10:32

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy, dry corner of Somerset. Mr C has hurt his hand, it’s very swollen and painful, a long awaited call from a consultant this morning so decisions on the hand must wait until this afternoon. I really must sort the chaos in the guest bedroom, easy to find more interesting things to do yesterday. Special thoughts for all with worries, take care everyone.

Nanabanana1 Mon 28-Sep-20 08:11:54

Good morning everyone a get start here in Torbay, went walking with my dog in the woods yesterday, very Autumnal. It was the first time for some weeks as I have been under the weather, feeling a lot better now thank goodness and I enjoyed the walk.
My son has been walking the dog instead of me, in case anyone thought he wasn’t getting out, the dog not my son?
Wishing everyone a good and happy day.

Nanabanana1 Mon 28-Sep-20 08:12:34

Grey not get oops!

Urmstongran Mon 28-Sep-20 08:12:53

Well don’t tell him we’ve just decided to go down to the beach for the day NannyJan! Sunscreen & Kindle at the ready ...
???⛱

Gelisajams Mon 28-Sep-20 08:24:38

Good morning from a dry cool Morecambe Bay. We are off in our camper heading to Scotland for a couple of days. Melrose today and I have booked us for Melrose Abbey this afternoon. Hope the weather stays fair.
I’m envious of your heathy feet Urmston I have one decent foot but I’ve ruined my other foot wearing steel toe capped shoes when I was gardening properly. Apologies if that’s too much information!
Mr G is complaining his bag of porridge has disappeared from the cupboard. How does he think I made the flapjacks for our trip?
Take care everyone and stay safe ?

GrannyOwl5 Mon 28-Sep-20 08:25:53

Good morning everyone from a slightly warmer north Kent. Spent most of yesterday tidying the garage and sorting out the shelves. Keep popping in to admire my handiwork; at least it’s one area where I have some control! grin
Today it is the turn of the garden to be sorted out; seems like only last week that I was planting out the annuals I had grown from seed. Hopefully the coming months will go as quickly. Also plan to set up the fire pit I recently bought ready for winter meet-ups with friends - restrictions permitting.
Hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

Nortsat Mon 28-Sep-20 08:27:30

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a currently grey east London.
Wasn’t too well yesterday so didn’t do much. Hoping for a better day today.

Grocery delivery this morning.
I am bidding on something in an auction, which is live on the internet at 10.30 this morning. I have never done this before, so I started with a single, fairly small item. I have placed an absentee bid and will watch proceedings to get a feel for the process.

Marydoll I laughed out loud at your description of your DH’s ‘Roman collection’.
Scentia have a lovely holiday with your DD and DGS. ?
Thinking of Bluesapphire and of course gilly. ?to all who need them and let’s all have a really nice day. ?

Beauregard Mon 28-Sep-20 08:33:15

Good morning from sunny Derbyshire. Looks like being a lovely day now the wind has dropped.

I delayed my bulb planting yesterday due to the cold North wind. Today seems a better day to do this. We should have been looking after our one year old grandson this morning but he's not coming as he's a little under the weather.

Beechnut your day out yesterday sounded lovely.

Scentia enjoy Butlins. Reminds me of when the children were little. We used to enjoy the holiday camps.

Urmstongran Wish I was there!! My sandals are firmly packed away until next summer.

Marydoll lovely to catch up with an old friend. And loved the Roman coin mystery.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and has a good day.

Gingster Mon 28-Sep-20 08:33:40

Oh dear, another great day here on the Suffolk coast., but a very good morning to you all.

It’s a nothing sort of day. No sun, no wind, no rain., no nothing!

Our trip to Norfolk has now been cancelled. We have been going every October for many years. All the men used to fish on the Broads but now we stay in a nice Pub/hotel , wives and all. ! Another disappointment ?.

I’m taking my elderly SIL to the hairdressers today and will pick her up to do bit of shopping before taking her back home . We’ll have a cuppa and a chat (mainly her chatting) . She’s very slow but very independent so I can’t hurry her. DH doesn’t come with me anymore as he gets too frustrated but I can put up with it for a few hours once in a while ?. She was my DB ‘s first wife and we’ve kept in touch all these years. She was like a big sister to me - took me to London for my first job interviews , cinema trips and I was her bridesmaid. So I can at the very least spend some time with her.

I’ll make a ham and pea soup today with the left over gammon from yesterday. DH not keen but oh well!

Have a lovely Butlins trip Scentia . Have fun with your little Gs.

Lovely to find old friends Marydoll.

Mellowyellow I had a similar dream about finding bodies under the floorboards. Too much watching the Dennis Nilsen and Fred West dramas ?.

Enjoy your varied days everyone. ???

Gingster Mon 28-Sep-20 08:34:00

Grey day not great ?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 28-Sep-20 08:38:26

Good morning Mick and all

We went out for a late Sunday lunch yesterday to a lovely local Mediterranean restaurant. We have been about six times since July and have always felt safe. This time whilst we were seated a couple came in not wearing masks (late 30’s ?) and when asked politely to put them on made such a fuss and walked out, they returned wearing masks but proceeded to be unpleasant to staff and made snide remarks to diners. After looking at the menu for approximately 10 minutes they got up and left their parting remark was ^we will
get this place shut down^. ........why are people so nasty? we all have to obey the rules at the moment if we want to go out.

Off to the gym later, but after a troubled night with little sleep I think I might struggle.

Thinking of our absent friends

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Susan56 Mon 28-Sep-20 08:39:22

Good morning from Shropshire.

Having a quite day after the excitement of Henry’s first birthday yesterday.Didn’t realise a one year olds party could be so exhausting!

Thinking of gilly and bluesapphire?

Have a good day all.

grannysyb Mon 28-Sep-20 08:40:53

Clouds with bits of blue here. Need to go to the shops this morning and make some soup. Sewing class this afternoon, hope to finish the trousers that I'm making. Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Mon 28-Sep-20 08:44:39

Good Morning All x
It's bright enough so far with cloud looking as though it's dispersing slightly.
Lots of vapour trails criss-crossing across the sky as well, something I haven't seen for months so people are still coming and going----regardless.

Saw D and GGD for a brief moment yesterday as I lent a cat carrier to GGD to take her kitten for its jabs in readiness to be spayed later on. Such a cute little kitten with huge eyes.
They were inside the car so spoke through the window. GGD looks so grown up now, 15 next birthday and has taken on a " Goth " appearance so looked the part with the black kitten grin somehow her flaxen hair and blue eyes didn't gel.

They were actually on the way to the vet yesterday after a hurried appointment an hour before. Speaking of appointments my next door neighbour had made an appointment for her 'flu jab with her GP and was told it would be in 3 weeks time.

However, on going into the local chemist to pick up her prescription she was asked if she'd had the jab and said she'd have to wait----they did it there and then at the chemist so she was thrilled, no appointment no messing and so rang the surgery to cancel.

Staying put today---what's new ? grin expecting a parcel so I'll be listening out for that. Left-over day so no food preparation, just re-heating hot-pot from yesterday which gives me more of a chance to do one or two jobs that need doing and with the green bin emptied, more space for any rubbish clearance. That should work up a sweat.

I hope everyone's well and keeping safe. Thinking of Gilly and other struggling friends flowers xx

Have a good day everyone and enjoy whatever you do.

Elizabeth1 Mon 28-Sep-20 08:45:00

grandMattie you’ve described the weather here as well we have on the east coast of Fife grumpy weather it is also a wee tad frosty - bring it on. I had the most wonderful afternoon yesterday where I met up with my wee grandsons and got willing cuddles from them without their mum having to say give granny a cuddle one even climbed in great excitement through the car window to get to me he held my hand awe it was a very special moment here’s hoping it’s not going to be such a long while before the next cuddles smile smile

Anniebach Mon 28-Sep-20 08:52:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

LauraNorder Mon 28-Sep-20 08:53:35

Good morning Mick, good to hear you’re having your flu jab today, ours is booked for October 15.
Good morning everybody else, I am impressed at how you all remember who has done what. Roman coins, hearing from old friends thanks to the motto thread, visiting Wells, eating cake, enjoying warm temps overseas, meeting friends, doing laundry, celebrating birthdays, it’s all happening here.
Anglesey is dry and grey, a bit grumpy I suppose you’d say.
We have plasterers applying lime render to our old stone house so important the temperatures don’t drop too much.
Mr N gone off for his quarterly PSA test following prostate gland removal cos of cancer in 2015. Fingers crossed all still okay.
Enjoyed our Sunday family zoom quiz last evening, I learn something new every time, whether or not I retain any of it remains to be seen.
Have a lovely day all, crack on with life as best you can with caution but without fear.

NannyJan53 Mon 28-Sep-20 08:58:31

Not jealous at all Urmston....well perhaps just a tad. Enjoy the weather there! We often go to Calaheula beach. sunshine

dragonfly46 Mon 28-Sep-20 09:04:27

Gelisajams I camped in the park at Melrose when I was 15. We had glorious weather and was the first of many camping trips.

GrannySomerset Mon 28-Sep-20 09:07:55

A grey morning which doesn’t encourage me to get up and go but once DH is sorted I have a small pile of admin jobs to do as well as the inevitable laundry. However, the weekend weather was beautiful so we have no cause to grumble.

Enjoyed Marydoll’s Roman coin and thinking of all our regulars finding life hard. Good thing we have this forum on which to share our ups and downs.

Urmstongran Mon 28-Sep-20 09:19:06

Horrid people GG13
Probably embarrassed at being pulled up about the masks!

Georgesgran Mon 28-Sep-20 09:20:34

Good morning from Durham. Predictive text wants to put Dubai - if only!

Grey, but calm here so far. Responded to GP text re a mass vaccination this Saturday, but all slots already taken. Several more sessions planned, so will have to be patient.

Big shop today and going to make a batch of apple and pear chutney later - the house will stink of vinegar, but the end product’s very nice.

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

Greyduster Mon 28-Sep-20 09:42:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire but it is bloomin’ cold! We put the heating on yesterday. DD and hers came over yesterday for curry, and GS was “helping” me in the kitchen (“Ooh, can I try a bit of this....”). I don’t see a lot of him at the moment and me towers over me now! He asked if he could take the leftovers home and take it in a food flask for his lunch today. Nothing goes to waste with that lad. DH has to wait in for a call from the surgery today so we won’t be going far. Gardening I think. Have a good safe day folks.

Greyduster Mon 28-Sep-20 09:47:15

Ellen I remember the Goth phase - DD and her friends flapping off down the road like a bunch of black crows!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 28-Sep-20 09:48:56

Morning all from a fairly bright South Notts. I managed the shopping all right yesterday morning though I got there later than usual so the queue to get in was a good deal longer but fast moving. Later on I finished sewing a lining into a pale biker jacket and it seems to have worked out reasonably all right. Must get some more projects completed.

I expect to go out for a drive later just to keep the battery topped up. I'll do my little circuit and won't get out of the car. I don't think that's breaking any rules.

Hope all is well with everyone especially those with worries or illness.