Gransnet forums

Chat

Second lockdown

(133 Posts)
Katyj Thu 01-Oct-20 07:28:58

It feels a whole lot worse this time around. Suppose it could be because the first time it was all new to us, the sun was shining, and learning to use FaceTime was a novelty ? . This time it’s just upsetting, boring and depressing, been there got the t shirt.
Everybody Seems to be talking about Christmas, ordering food, how do they know if their going to be together ? Is it just me being negative. Should I assume we’re going to be able to see the grandchildren soon.
If your in Liverpool and can see your family today ,see them. We only had 6 hours notice, if we’d have know we’d have had a last visit.
The reason it’s spreading so much up here is ,not many people are abiding by the rules.I work with five grandmas similar age to me, not one of them have stopped seeing their families only one picks up from school So in a support childcare bubble, it’s very hard listening to them day in day out.
At least at the moment ,thank goodness we are all well fingers crossed. Sorry for the moan ?

Jane10 Sun 04-Oct-20 15:56:45

But Chewbacca we've been given directions umpteen times. We know what to do and what not to do. It's up to individuals to get on with it bearing that in mind.

Summerlove Sun 04-Oct-20 15:59:35

Jane10

But Chewbacca we've been given directions umpteen times. We know what to do and what not to do. It's up to individuals to get on with it bearing that in mind.

And people still chose to decide “I know what’s best for me” to hell with everyone else.

Jane10 Sun 04-Oct-20 16:02:24

Summerlove- got it in one.

Callistemon Sun 04-Oct-20 16:06:13

Pippa000

Callistemon, apparently people in lockdown areas in England can go on holiday anywhere in uk. Where as we are not able to leave our county without a very good reason. Our First Minister has asked Boris why but has been informed that, he, Boris, is leaving travel decisions to individuals to make a judgement. We have had coach loads visiting local areas from parts of England in restricted areas.

I really don't understand why this should be so Pippa.
It's madness if visitors are allowed into your area.
^
“While the introduction of the measures puts us in the same position as our neighbouring areas, it is very important that people remember that the Vale of Glamorgan and Cardiff, and indeed any other county, are separate places. Movement across the boundaries is now prohibited for any reason that is not exempt. This includes exercise and leisure, which should now be taken solely within the Vale of Glamorgan for Vale of Glamorgan residents.^

Are they not stopping people on the roads as they did when people made unnecessary journeys earlier this year?

AGAA4 Sun 04-Oct-20 17:17:08

I live in a lockdown area of North Wales. I am not allowed to leave my area but people from England can drive in from anywhere and go anywhere they like in Wales. Surely allowing people to move around the UK will help to spread the virus.

Chewbacca Sun 04-Oct-20 19:14:59

I sympathise AGAA4, it must seem grossly unfair and in my post @ 14.29 today, I raised the same question. Simply leaving the decision to individuals, as to whether they should be travelling, particularly to and through areas that are experiencing local lockdown, isn't really working is it? It must be very frustrating for you.

AGAA4 Mon 05-Oct-20 16:12:10

Thank you Chewbacca there just doesn't seem to be any sense in this to me.