Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(61 Posts)
12Michael Tue 06-Oct-20 06:13:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dark start , signs of maybe a small frost with wetness on paving here in Brackley .
Housework priority this morning , prior to getting the bus and doing my usual Buckingham and Bicester , have a coffee and a bite to eat then small shop, before returning home to watch the Giro on TV .
Take Care ,
Mick

GrannyOwl5 Tue 06-Oct-20 11:06:40

Good morning everyone from a bright and breezy north Kent. The sun always makes you feel better.

Have been out helping DH do some vegetable shopping at the greengrocer - actually I lurked outside whilst he did the shopping. As he does the cooking he likes to choose his own ingredients which is fine by me. A lot of chopping and stirring will be heard coming from the kitchen shortly no doubt.

Walking down to the allotment later then back to my watercolour painting. Hope those with worries and illnesses have a better day. Wishing everyone a good day. Stay safe

Feelingmyage55 Tue 06-Oct-20 11:58:47

Good morning. Last in as usual but the rain has held off enough to have gathered a few pounds of brambles. I am tired and my hands are purple. Now singing One day at a time and also Lena Martello reminded me of Lena Zavaroni. Oh it’s pouring! Just got back in time. Off to have leek and tattie soup. Best wishes to all present and absent.

Taichinan Tue 06-Oct-20 12:13:51

Just popped back in to say how lovely your photo looks and I'm so sorry you've had a stroke. It must be very frustrating for you, but you look as if you have the spirit and determination to have it beaten! Beigecardigans if only! I'd sit around twitching my nose all day long! Marydoll you've done it again, and turned two little happenings into delightful stories. You're a wonder! What's going to happen next?!

MellowYellow Tue 06-Oct-20 12:22:09

Afternoon from a breezy south Cornwall. Very late for me! An early trip with my son to a big orange DIY store to buy oversized terracotta planters and compost as I have three patio fruits trees arriving soon. Then to a certain diner on the way home for a late breakfast. He's great fun, my youngest, and we always have a laugh. Such a tonic. The best of everything to all of you today.

Marydoll Tue 06-Oct-20 12:26:04

MellowYellow, I may have purchased those same three patio fruit trees! ?

MellowYellow Tue 06-Oct-20 12:29:28

From JP's Marydoll?

Lilactime75 Tue 06-Oct-20 12:58:21

It’s definitely getting darker - clouds make it more so. I’m back working full time for a few months and hope I can keep it up. Lady I’m covering for was knocked off her bike, has broken ankle and toes. Our accounts package went down last week and caused just a bit of chaos. Back up today but still a few glitches to sort out. It keeps us busy. Husband doing a grand job cooking and shopping. Take care everyone.

Marydoll Tue 06-Oct-20 13:23:41

Yes! MY. I have no idea when they will arrive. I emailed them, they don't know, either. ?!

Stilllearning Tue 06-Oct-20 15:26:40

Just having a late skim, lovely picture Elizabeth

Elizabeth1 Wed 07-Oct-20 18:35:05

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on the photo I posted flowers.I must agree I do look better doing a pole dancesmile than lying in my boring bed, that photograph had me and my twin sister in it we’re both doing so well living together. You’ve made my day, thank you so much take care everyone and look after yourself be happy with the little things in life these will take you on to bigger things