Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Thu 08-Oct-20 06:14:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its wet here in Brackley this morning .
My usual escape on the buses this morning going via Buckingham to Bicester then return direct .
A favourite cafe in Bicester for a coffee and a snack , small shop tending to look up gift cards for Xmas presents .
Take Care ,
Mick

Urmstongran Thu 08-Oct-20 14:21:24

LauraNorder

Just popping back to see if you've had a call yet Urm, hope the little warrior is feeling better today.

Oh yes - thank you for asking.

Grandson came on the phone a couple of hours ago. He sounded SO much better. I told him he sounded ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ and he laughed ‘you make me sound like a squirrel grandma’.

I’m so much more relaxed now. Daughter says Day 8 for them and she feels they’ve turned a corner. Great news to hear.

I totally agree that a mum is only ever as happy as her unhappiest child.

We’re sat in the lovely gardens, under a palm tree and I’ve just been handed a glass of cava to celebrate. I’m so much happier this afternoon.

? Salud!

cornergran Thu 08-Oct-20 15:00:25

What a relief urmston. No cava here but a huge smile to help you celebrate the better news.

Urmstongran Thu 08-Oct-20 15:02:05

Oh thank you cornergran you have been so kind and supportive to me through this anxiety.
Here’s a few of my own this afternoon ????

LauraNorder Thu 08-Oct-20 15:02:43

I’m so glad for you all Urm a great relief I’m sure. Hope the cava is going down well

Urmstongran Thu 08-Oct-20 15:05:27

Too well LauraNorder I’ll have to be careful.
I always drink more when I’m happy...
?????????
‘Steady girl’!

JGran Thu 08-Oct-20 15:25:51

Good morning all from a cloudy 22 C here in Southern California. I hope that this Covid 19 will soon be under control so that I can get to the other side of the pond and explore my roots in the UK. Ugh! So tired of this lock down. Have a wonderful and safe day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 08-Oct-20 15:58:58

That’s a relief Urmstongran I will raise a glass to you at wine o’clock (6pm in our house) ????‍♀️

Ashcombe Thu 08-Oct-20 19:02:55

What a relief for you all, Urmstongran! So pleased to hear your positive update.

Urmstongran Thu 08-Oct-20 19:40:17

Thank you Ashcombe and GG13. Apparently our grandson had his Covid test delivered this afternoon after being ordered on line (no one could leave the house for a drive through). Mummy took the swab.

Not easy, it has to be 15 seconds of swabbing - pulling out for a gag reflex then going in again. No touching of the sides of the mouth or the tongue. A courier collected the sample at 5pm. A very organised service in my opinion. Result tomorrow. Be very surprised if he doesn’t have it.

Scentia Thu 08-Oct-20 20:04:35

Urms
I had to do my DGS test in the car and they said as he was so young to just do both nostrils. I did the test he cried and shouted until his mummy said yay, well done and he started clapping himself. It was all rather amusing. He is 17 months old, not sure how old yours is.

Urmstongran Thu 08-Oct-20 20:19:14

Oh he’s 8y Scentia so a big difference. His 3y old sister won’t be going through the procedure. No way said her mummy.
?