Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(89 Posts)
12Michael Mon 12-Oct-20 06:15:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day for me today , some housework and laundry .
Otherwise stay in watch TV no cycling on today though .
Its mince pies vs Pumpkins in supermarket land .
Take Care,
Mick

Greyduster Mon 12-Oct-20 10:11:48

Susieflo love that photo. We adore Pembrokeshire - lived at Manorbier for a while as well as many holidays - and have walked a lot of the coast path over the years. We’ve left a little bit of our hearts there!

mrswoo Mon 12-Oct-20 10:14:24

I thought I was the only one who doesn't know who the doghouse4 are.
Parsley4 maybe you and I should become the *in the dark 2*hmm

Bellasnana Mon 12-Oct-20 10:15:20

Good morning from a very grey Malta. It seems the predicted thunderstorms are on the way.

I’m so late this morning having slept in, no doubt due to all the excitement of watching Nadal make mincemeat of Djokovic. I cried when he won as I was so happy for him!

Haven’t had time to read the threads yet so hope everyone is doing well, especially annsixty who, I believe ,is already home from hospital.

I need to pop to the shops for dog food but the threatening weather is putting me off. Maybe it will clear later.?

Wishing you all the best day possible. I’m going to miss watching the tennis. It has been two weeks of great entertainment. ☀️

Callistemon Mon 12-Oct-20 10:16:46

Good morning Mick and everyone from a rather gloomy S Wales.
A rather boring day ahead as I need to catch up with washing, cleaning etc. It's time to change to the autumn duvet as well, nights are getting chilly.

I wondered the other day if anyone had heard from gillybob and I may have missed a reply, but I am concerned that there haven't been any posts from her lately. I may have missed them, but if anyone has news perhaps you could pm me?

mrswoo Mon 12-Oct-20 10:18:56

Oops its megs36 who, like me, should be in the in the dark 2. Not Parsley. She knows who they are and possibly, what they didgrin

Megs36 Mon 12-Oct-20 10:34:15

Love in the dark2, I must say that applies to more than the Doghouse 4, must pay more attention in future ??

Georgesgran Mon 12-Oct-20 10:37:08

Good morning from Durham. A spectacular sunrise followed by torrential rain!

SusieFlo Mon 12-Oct-20 10:38:03

What’s this about the doghouse 4 ?
Sounds as though they are being missed?

Georgesgran Mon 12-Oct-20 10:43:17

Posted too soon - we are having provider problems!

Taking DD2 to the Dentist later. The Surgery’s accessible, but parking’s a different matter. I’ll drop her off and park where I can - There are only 2 disabled bays nearby, but 1 is often used by a flash BMW at the Vape Shop. Where’s a Traffic Warden when you need one?

Friend’s 65th birthday today, so a quick foray into M&S and I’ll leave flowers and fizz beside her back door. Usually we’d go out for a meal and a glass or 3 and put the World to rights, but that will have to wait until we are ‘released’.

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

EllanVannin Mon 12-Oct-20 10:52:19

Good Morning All x
Heavy skies today after yesterdays sunshiney day when I had washing out blowing merrily.

Had a lovely long phone conversation this morning with a friend, always enlightening but holds me back a bit as I'm not usually washed and dressed----but what's the hurry ?

It looks as though my newspaper has gone into the wrong place again ( rolls eyes ) I can't be doing with this so I'm going to cancel my subscription and read it online instead.

Waiting for restrictions in my little corner of the world. Although I'm not in Liverpool----there's the tunnel with much to-ing and fro-ing into the area so a constant flow of germs hither and thither. We'll see.

I did enjoy my chicken dinner yesterday but was listening to the sprouts and mushy peas rumbling around in my tum last night as I was getting off to sleep grin I tend to be a bit over indulgent and pay for it next day. Ah well, I can see twice as far now smile

Chicken sandwiches today on Hovis for something lighter on the digestive system. I'll bake some scones for afters as I've got some plain flour left in the cupboard.

Nothing on the agenda for today, I just take each day as it comes really. A bit of tidying up is in order as I'd hoovered through yesterday so that doesn't need doing for a few more days.

Cold sores, something I've never had and wouldn't like either. Poor Scentia, so uncomfortable and irritating I'm sure. As someone already mentioned---Zovirax is the treatment advertised. I think Bonjela also make a solution too.

A lovely pair of feet there Urmston, very professionally done nail polish too. It's so important to look after the feet.

Hoping this finds everyone well and ready for a new week. Thoughts to those who aren't well and who are struggling during these bad times. xx flowers Gilly x

Enjoy the day, take care and stay safe.

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:00:30

Good Morning from a grey, damp mid Cornwall. The sky is trying to lighten. I wish my heart would. Another sad call from my daughter yesterday. Despite her area with its current 0-2 cases they are affected by Warrington being under tighter restrictions. Wonder when I will see her and GD again. Not this year. I fear.

So tired last night. Had nearly 10 hours sleep! Need to muster some energy to take Mya (dog) out for a walk, DH is bravely continuing to fill in trenches. He's determined to do the job himself.

Borrheid55 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:05:42

Marydoll what happened to protecting the vulnerable? A pharmacy that doesn’t deliver isn’t customer friendly. Very surprised that they don’t!
Well done on the spray painting.
I’m still feeling under the weather today so lots of fluids and stay close to the loo. DH still sleeping so house is quiet for a wee while.
Overcast here in Kent and 12C.
Need to get something off my ( substantial) chest.....
Anyone else get angry when they see pics of their ex husband with the DS, DDIL and DGDs? I was looking at FB and up came pics of DIL 30th birthday on Saturday. In amongst them was ‘him”, arms round them. Never mind Covid regs, I said a bad word - much to DH surprise. ( I’m not one for swearing usually) . We divorced 35 years ago because he was convicted of indecent assaults on four separate occasions over three years. AIBU to be worried when I see him around DILs friends ( pre Covid)? DS knows about his convictions, don’t know if DIL does - probably not.

DH says don’t let it get to you but I can’t help my reaction.

Sorry folks to get all serious but I would be interested in what others response might be.

Have a good day all! ?

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:09:03

Good morning all from wet Harrogate. I hope Grandmabatty your Dgs appreciates the table and chair, I got a colourful plastic desk for GD to eat from, but she informed me "i'm not a fan of yellow, red, blue and white" Just happens to be the colours of the desk!! I nearly told her I'm not a fan of fussy little girls!!
Scentia you have my sympathies, how old is your GS awake at that time? I would have murdered him!! Fortunately I don't have either of my GC to stay overnight, GD is the one that wakes up early (5am) and wants to start the day then. GS is quite happy snuggling with whoever will snuggle back!

Hope will soon see Gilly & co back on GN hope all others are feeling good.

annsixty Mon 12-Oct-20 11:20:57

Good morning all.
Yes I am safely home, it is lovely.
My stay was very short but good.
I was in a private hospital under the NHS and really nothing was too much trouble.
Food was good although I had very little appetite and staff were excellent.
Didn’t really like a private room though, I am very gregarious and missed the banter with other patients.

Now comes the hard part, getting back to movement without pain and doing as I am told.

grannylyn65 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:24:19

I want sausage mash now and have run out of onions ☹️

Kalu Mon 12-Oct-20 11:25:16

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow. Bed stripping day but I will wash tomorrow and hang it out as we are promised a sunny?

Pleased to hear your lamp was a success Marydoll and you are spurred on to greater things?. I have transformed so many things over the years. The first was an old Lloyd Loom chair given to me from Granny, we were both delighted with the result that she jokingly suggested she wouldn’t mind having it back. ?

I was looking through Liberty’s website last night Urm. DH bought me three small enamel vases joined together, ideal for small cuttings of various flowers. I now have a £10 voucher he received recently?. We had a Liberty store in Glasgow years ago which I always visited when in town, sadly long gone.

DD1 and the girls arrived late afternoon yesterday with a bag of marshmallows, we lit the fire pit which was a great idea to buy, kept us warm as we heard all their news and toasted the marshmallows.
I am plagued with cold sores too Scentia not so much on my lips now but the side of my nostrils whenever I have a cold. I use Bio Propolis which I have found works much better for me than Zovirax. I really feel for you having six on your lips, that’s pretty unbearable. Try to get some rest whenever you can. Take care or yourself ?

Hello to our very much missed prisoners. I miss hearing news of Hattie Maw and hope she is doing a good job of keeping you company during your incarceration. Illégitimi non Carborundum to the Doghouse 4.

Have a pleasant day all and I hope things are looking up to our friends with worries and difficult times.

Millie22 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:32:32

Hello everyone x
Just looked in to say to NanKate and Bellasnana wasn't that fabulous yesterday when Rafa won. So happy for him.

Callistemon Mon 12-Oct-20 11:38:54

and doing as I am told. ?

I'm glad you're home safe and sound annsixty
Well, nearly sound - as long as you obey orders!

I remember when I had DC1, I was put into a single room because I was short stay and the other new mums and babies were stating for a week on a ward. I could hear all the fun and was missing it.

Callistemon Mon 12-Oct-20 11:39:17

Staying!

Grandmabatty Mon 12-Oct-20 11:49:41

Gwenisgreat he was unimpressed! Too busy racing around with cars. I suppose at 20 months that's par for the course. However he did sit at it for his breakfast and stayed til he had eaten enough so that's a win.

Rufus2 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:53:37

who or what are the Doghouse 4?
Megs Ask not for whom the bell tolls! grin
At a wild guess I'd say No4 is Grandad 1945 and I hope he had a pack of cards in his back pocket!
Good Health
OoRoo

Marydoll Mon 12-Oct-20 12:29:06

Sorry you are wrong in your assumption, Rufus
Grandad is not included in that group! .

Anyway, for reasons of confidentiality, the four cannot be named.
GN would understandably delete the post.
It's not fair to our missing friends to name them.

Megs36 Mon 12-Oct-20 12:38:23

Rufus Dunno, what did Grandad do, or say.
Another mystery are MawandMaw B2, the same person and. Has she been away somewhere?☕️☕️☕️☕️

Taichinan Mon 12-Oct-20 12:38:39

Annsixty welcome home! I hope your recovery is a steady forward path - and it will be if you're good! Scentia I do commiserate with you. I hate those cold sores but I've only ever had one at a time. I believe the germ (?) that causes them remains with you, but dormant, until you become run down and depleted in some way. So rest up with that cold and take care of yourself. ?

Stilllearning Mon 12-Oct-20 13:00:05

Kalu would you mind repeating the name of the spray paint that you use? I was telling a friend who is renovating some chairs about it, but typically couldn’t remember the mane?