Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(89 Posts)
12Michael Mon 12-Oct-20 06:15:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day for me today , some housework and laundry .
Otherwise stay in watch TV no cycling on today though .
Its mince pies vs Pumpkins in supermarket land .
Take Care,
Mick

Greyduster Mon 12-Oct-20 08:20:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a gloomy but dry South Yorkshire. Mellow we are also anxiously waiting to see what the government has in store for our city. Hope it’s nothing too drastic☹️. Not much planned today as we had DD and her menfolk here yesterday for a roast dinner. GS, 13, was helping his dad set up my new laptop. In the end dad got fed up with having a monkey dancing on his shoulder and gave the task up to the monkey! Surprising what a lot monkeys know these days?!
We will catch up with DS this evening. They were back from holiday over the weekend in a very remote location, so safe enough. Have a good safe day folks.

Scentia Mon 12-Oct-20 08:20:38

Marydoll. Is this available in Scotland do you know?
www.pharmacy2u.co.uk
They deal with your GP and post your meds out to you.

Nortsat Mon 12-Oct-20 08:21:02

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a grey east London. The weather forecast advises a 72% likelihood of rain and of course we have a line of washing out.

Grocery delivery this morning.
I have some cards (lots of October birthdays) and parcels to post. Left over roast pork for supper.

Good morning Doghouse 4 you are missed and we look forward to your return.
Thinking of Bluesapphire and gilly and all those facing challenges. Have a good day, all. ?

harrigran Mon 12-Oct-20 08:22:43

Good morning from an overcast but dry NE.
DH is going to the bank this morning and my sister is going to bring our anniversary card, pop it through the door and retreat to the end of the drive, I will leave her some novels at the door.
My friend rang last night and we had a good catch up, her sister got married last month with just her two DDs as witnesses. It is sad when when you can not join the family event but they are a big family spread all over the country.
Bought some bedside lamps I had my eye on, this weekend they reduced the price by 40% so ordered them for delivery this week.
Take care.

dragonfly46 Mon 12-Oct-20 08:25:26

Good morning, yes cloudy here in Leicestershire.

Going out to lunch today as a local is still doing half price meals. We need to go while we still can.

Sending best wishes to those in the doghouse and hope to see you back soon.
Also sending love to those who are struggling.

Lins1066 Mon 12-Oct-20 08:25:46

Good morning Mick and all. It is cloudy here on the S Welsh coast, it was a beautiful blue sky day yesterday with a wonderful sunset last evening. We intended going for a walk down the beach but it looked too busy for us and we chose a quieter area instead. MrLins mowed the lawns ready for garden refuse collection this morning. Gave the puppy a much needed bath last night, one puppy, three towels, carnage but a sweet smelling pooch.
I love white flowers too grandMattie the pots look lovely.
Missing the norty four, though don't know who the fourth is. Hope Hattie is fine Maw.
Stay safe if out and about everyone.

Stilllearning Mon 12-Oct-20 08:26:58

Morning from S Lanarkshire, sorry, I don’t think you’re going to get you your dry day baubles! Hope you enjoy it anyway, it’s great having them but it can be a long day if you can’t get out. Things sound really miserable for you Scentia, I suppose you’ll have Zovirax?
An indoor day for me, maybe church if I can stir myself! Sending good thoughts to all especially those who need it.

Gingster Mon 12-Oct-20 08:30:11

They look lovely Grandmattie ?

Marydoll Mon 12-Oct-20 08:35:41

Scentia

*Marydoll*. Is this available in Scotland do you know?
www.pharmacy2u.co.uk
They deal with your GP and post your meds out to you.

Thanks, but unfortunately not, Scentia.
My meds are so complicated, always being tweaked.
Most are repeats, two need blood tests before being prescribed and one is a CD. The only ones which cause no problems are delivered straight to my home by the hospital.
There are seventeen items on my repeat list, so you can see why there is always a problem. That's not boasting by the way wink

My GP is in another town, so my prescriptions would need to be collected for me to take them to a new pharmacy. However, my surgery is not allowing patients to pick up prescriptions, tehy must go to teh pharmacy close to it. sad
My local chemist refused to accept a faxed emergency prescription recently. It's all a bit problematic to say the least!
Thank goodness I have my wits about me! Well for now!
?

Elizabeth1 Mon 12-Oct-20 08:40:21

scentia I feel for you and your cold sores I get them too usually when I’m on holiday the change in weather seems to attract them and I’m forever picking them enough to make them bleed silly beggar that I am. Change of subject I had a really wonderful day at the beach yesterday not sure if today’s weather will be suitable for me to leave my humble home here on the east coast of Fife it looks pretty dismal from here. Oops forgot to wish everyone a good morning Good morning everyone from a lovely part off the east coast of Fife must hurry now else my carer will be in to support me with personal issues it’s a newbie today I’ll try and give her an easy time of it.. I’ll be wanting back into bed if I don’t see any sunshine soon lady of leisure that I am. No golf today for DH he’s suggested I buy him outdoor golfing trousers for his Christmas - done

Scentia Mon 12-Oct-20 08:47:11

Oh my goodness Mary I see how that can become problematic!

Anniebach Mon 12-Oct-20 08:52:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Doodle Mon 12-Oct-20 09:06:14

Good morning all. I often read but don’t post much.
Just wanted to pop in and give my ongoing support for the Doghouse 4 . They are missed and can’t wait till they’re back with us.

kitty I was feeling like a poodle and faff today, may I join you ?

Marydoll that’s a real pain about your prescriptions. I can’t understand why the pharmacy can’t be more helpful.
Hope you are feeling better. Take care.

Hope everyone has a good day.

GrannyOwl5 Mon 12-Oct-20 09:07:04

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is cloudy but dry at the moment.
DH is recovering from his fall - swelling on his face reduced and the other cuts and grazes healing. DD and family called in yesterday to inspect the damage; Grandsons checked every injury with meticulous attention then went off up the garden to swing in the trees and squabble over the football.
Will finish planting the bulbs today; have several pots lined up which I did think about spray painting (thanks for the idea Marydoll) but as I usually cover everything within the vicinity including myself with paint decided not to.
Best wishes to those with illnesses and worries and the Doghouse4. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe

Doodle Mon 12-Oct-20 09:07:46

Oh for goodness sake, I wrote pootle blush bl***y autocorrect.?

grannysyb Mon 12-Oct-20 09:22:28

Good morning all, grey here after a nice sunny day yesterday. Must make another loaf this morning, we have a bread machine, bread doesn't last long here! Sewing class this afternoon, I will be on my own with my teacher as the other pupil is away. Hope to finish off my coat and trousers. Hello to Doghouse 4, what IS going on, Gransnet never used to be like this?!

Annapops Mon 12-Oct-20 09:38:34

Good morning all from a wet County Durham. I'm sure the rest of us living up North are experiencing much of the same. Matches the mood of the day and what else may come.

We're off to Gibside today with GD2. I'm sure she will brighten our day. DH did have second thoughts regarding the weather but then he had the bright idea of us all taking our own umbrellas. Needless to say little GD is delighted. We shall be singing in the rain!

Wishing all, and especially my local GNs the best day possible. Fingers crossed the news today will offer some guidance, help and reassurance to get us out of this mess. I live in hope.

Grandmafrench Mon 12-Oct-20 09:39:27

Good Morning everyone. Brilliant sunshine and skies plus a wild wind in S of France land. Empty diary this week has turned into Vet visit, Pool pump service, electrician visit, all today - and it’s only Monday!

Hope your DH’s getting over a nasty fall, GrannyOwl, that your sleep is good, Ann and safely home is lovely - even if you’ve now got some work to do. Hope you feel ok now, AuntieFlo. Scentia - remember to have some rest?

I’m off to hang out curtains - maybe need a weight belt and divers’ boots ????

Keep busy, all. Keep distracted and smiling and occupied and let’s make rude gestures in the direction of COVID. Things will get better, so please don’t give up.

Warm hugs from ????

Taichinan Mon 12-Oct-20 09:40:59

Good morning all. It's a gloomy wet day on the Angus coast - completely uninspiring, and totally still. I don't know what I shall do, but the kitchen needs a blitz, and so does the ironing pile, and neither prospect fills me with joy! Yesterday was glorious, though, and I shall bask in the memory of that and be thankful that a boring gloomy day is the worst of my worries. Now for a lovely big mug of coffee and a proper read through all the posts. Make the best of what today brings everybody, and special thoughts for those of you with real worries (not just the weather). Take care, stay safe and ?. ???

SusieFlo Mon 12-Oct-20 09:47:53

Good morning all. Dark and wet in Pembrokeshire today. May go off in car to St Ann’s Head later with flask and book. Need a rest, walked over 7 miles yesterday on coastal path from Marloes. Beautiful though.

Mapleleaf Mon 12-Oct-20 09:49:34

Good morning,

It's a grey, drizzly morning today, but not too cold for the moment.

A few chores to complete today, but not venturing too far as I'm still waiting for some of the electrical work to be completed and they ring just before they are coming so I'm never sure when it will be. Still, if I'm out, I'm out and they will have to ring back.

Thinking of our missing GM's ?.

Take care one and all.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 12-Oct-20 09:51:07

Morning all from an overcast South Notts. Hope to go out for a little drive later and then I'll please myself. Maybe just a little housework then maybe reading and sewing. I'm not far from a Covid hotspot so will only venture out for necessaries.

Hope all is well with everyone especially those with worries or illness.

Megs36 Mon 12-Oct-20 09:54:39

Marydoll, What am I missing here, who or what are the Doghouse 4? I must admit I tend to scan the posts maybe I should rake more notice.

Parsley3 Mon 12-Oct-20 10:07:44

Good morning to everyone and especially to the Doghouse 4 who are much missed. Haste ye back!

mrswoo Mon 12-Oct-20 10:09:15

Good morning from a dark, wet Newcastle. As Annapops in County Durham says, it really matches the mood in the NE at the moment. We are waiting for the latest round of restrictions to be announced and it's difficult not to feel just a bit fed up.
We will get through it, though.
I hope everyone has a good day, wherever you are and whatever you do, especiall those with health and other worries.