Gransnet forums

Chat

Feel like an old fogey.

(56 Posts)
WOODMOUSE49 Tue 13-Oct-20 11:00:17

I would say something and do. I'm so fed up with those flouting the rules. I think of those that would suffer the consequences of such foolish behaviour.

Only exception would be yes to the school parties for children only. No families invited.

PinkCakes Tue 13-Oct-20 10:55:01

I think you should do what you believe to be right, but let other people do whatever they like - and suffer the consequences. In short, keep yourself to yourself.

Whingingmom Tue 13-Oct-20 10:54:42

I think you’re quite right to challenge people. Too many think the rules don’t apply to them. That’s why we are in the mess we are.

Parsley3 Tue 13-Oct-20 10:54:04

You and others have, quite rightly, told her so she knows. If she chooses to disregard the advice, then so be it. You can do no more.

grannylyn65 Tue 13-Oct-20 10:49:56

Keep your own counsel

felice Tue 13-Oct-20 10:46:31

I am a member of a Ladies group here which has over 2000 members.
Over the last few months I and others have had to point out to people the rules regarding Covid here.
One young woman wanted to go to the coast for the day and invited 3 others to join her, myself and another Woman pointed out that that is impossible and quite foolhardy.
Yesterday a Woman posted that she wanted to go Trick or Treating with her 8 year old son, she had flour and water bombs ready and does anyone want to join her!!!
I told her it is not tradition here, and at the moment definately a big no no.
Also that throwing stuff at people in a Country which has had serious terrorist attacks could get her arrested.
She says if she get a small fine for causing disruption that is not a problem to her. What a great example to her Son.
Others have also pointed out that she cannot go round ringing peoples doors just now, anyway the Belgians are not into that.
Schools are having class parties, and possibly families too.
Now I feel like the Grinch 'old Lady spoiling the Childrens fun'.
This lady has been here 1 year me 25.
Am I wrong in saying anything or should I just have let her get arrested??????