Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Mon 19-Oct-20 06:12:21

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but its dry out here in Brackley .
I am back to normal as regards to things health wise .
I ate regularly yesterday ,and at least I felt as though I did not want to collapse.
Did a small shop supermarket wise, think now most supermarkets have no crowd control people are brushing alongside one another as well as staff , experiences have been like going into a overcrowded pub.
Anyway enjoyed the racing yesterday, non on today but continues tomorrow .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 19-Oct-20 06:37:25

Good morning from E Kent. Promising to be dry.
Glad you’re feeling better Mick.
DS has arrived home safe and sound, no problems anywhere. Easy transfer out of airport to taxi taking him back. A 5 hour journey, so he managed a nap. He is now basking in sunshine.
House feels empty but we’ll get used to it again. It was lovely have all my chaps around.
Clearing up, tidying up, cleaning today. Oh what joy!
Trust those in pain, sorrow or despair will have a better day. Stay safe.

Scentia Mon 19-Oct-20 06:41:04

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Looks cold out there this morning.
So glad you are feeling better Mick. My back is a lot better too and I can walk about at least, I won’t be lifting any boxes at work today, that’s for sure.
DD, DSiL and DGS popped in to see us after they had been swimming yesterday so that was a lovely surprise. DD is so concerned that DGS isn’t speaking, he can say some words but if you ask him to say them he laughs and just says ‘Ta’ I said he just doesn’t want to perform and will say them if necessary, he said ‘no’ to my dog and said she was ‘naughty’ but then when we asked him to say it again he said ‘Ta’ it is quite bizarre?
I do hope that everyone has the best day possible and has a little smile to share.

Beechnut Mon 19-Oct-20 06:41:11

Good Morning all. It’s dry and very dark on Severnside.

When I finally stirred my stumps yesterday I had a good day in the garden tidying up. My neighbour has put the fence back up. Not sure if it’s permanent but he’s made a good job of it so it might be. I won’t do plant it up until next year though.

I see a lot of lovely photos have been posted on here and other threads which is cheery.

Have a good day all and hope Maw can come out to play. It’ll be nice to see her again ?

Nortsat Mon 19-Oct-20 07:04:08

Good morning Mick (glad you’re feeling better) and the GM team from a very dark east London. It’s 7.00am and it’s like the middle of the night.
I am feeling much better today, after a rough day yesterday.

We have a grocery delivery this morning. Then I need to log on to the HMRC website, to continue the saga of the Tax Charge ... which I won’t bore you with ...

I plan to make hamburgers for supper, with salad and potato wedges. It’s one of my partner’s favourites.

Is The Doghouse 1 back amongst us today?
Thinking of gilly and hoping Marydoll had a decent night.
Good thoughts to those facing challenges today. Have a pleasant day, all. ?

Cally100 Mon 19-Oct-20 07:04:55

Good morning From Whitstable in Kent!!
I am a new member a and a recent first time Grandma.
Just want to say how much I enjoy reading the early morning posts. Thank you smile

MellowYellow Mon 19-Oct-20 07:12:16

Morning everyone, dark but dry in south Cornwall. A bus trip to a nearby town today to buy a cake tin for my Christmas cake and visit M&S. Otherwise a general tidy up after a weekend of 5 year old - I'm the untidy one, not her!

Have the best day you can all of you.

Sparkling Mon 19-Oct-20 07:19:04

Good morning from the centre of the uk. Looks like being a fairly dry day so must make the most if it before the rain moves in. Bit fed up talking to myself, thank goodness I can get out and walk. Nice to start reading up on your pets beginning today.
Hello Cally, How lovely becoming a grandma, much needed joy in difficult times.

brook2704 Mon 19-Oct-20 07:20:25

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dark and raining and forecast to stay like this all day.
A very warm welcome cally and congratulations on becoming a first time grandma - I hope you enjoy this lovely friendly thread
DGC will be on their way soon, think we’ll be playing inside most of today ?
Pleased to hear you’re feeling better mick, scentia and norsat that’s good news to start the week, and I do hope others to follow are feeling much better today too
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Ashcombe Mon 19-Oct-20 07:21:49

Good morning to the early risers!

Glad you are feeling better Mick.

Welcome to Cally100. This is a lovely thread with supportive contributors. Thank you to the many of you who reacted so positively to the photo of my flowers and the kindness of my DD2 in sending them. My quarantine is over! I feel quite excited at the prospect of emerging into the world after two weeks inside (no, not in clink!)! So many joys await: visiting my optician, collecting batteries for my hearing aid and more interesting errands like shopping for cards.

Scentia: I lived in Staffs (Little Haywood) for most of my working life before retiring to Torbay, which is dry and dark so far today.

Have as good a day as you can. Special thoughts to those in need.

NanKate Mon 19-Oct-20 07:22:03

Good morning Mick and All.

Glad you are feeling better Mick.

Two tones of blue sky out there in South Bucks today.

Off to meet our oldest friends meeting in Burford in the Cotswolds. They live about 50 miles north of Burford and we live about 50 miles south. Such a lovely village. Then up to their rather swish Garden Centre for lunch. I met my friend when I was 16 at Secretarial College. A few years later I introduced her to my boss’s son at my 21st Birthday Party from that day on they’ve been together and now married for 51 years. Happy days.

Do hope you are feeling a bit more chipper Mary you are having a difficult time health wise.?

Missing Gilly.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 19-Oct-20 07:26:45

Good morning Mick and all

Pleased to hear you are on the mend Mick and Scentia

I am off to the gym this morning, then I need a couple of things from our small Sainsburys Local . I have some ironing to do this afternoon.

Have a good Monday

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Sark Mon 19-Oct-20 07:28:41

Good Morning from Oxfordshire
Dry and cloudy which suits me as I have a day off and plan to have a good walk later.
Hello and welcome Cally100smile
Thank you for all the birthday wishes yesterday.
We had a lovely family day which was much needed in amongst all the worries at the moment.
Start of a new week and hopefully better for the many in the sick bay, with worries and in lockdownsflowers

Sar53 Mon 19-Oct-20 07:30:02

Good morning everyone from a still dark Essex by the sea.
Hair cut for me this morning then some gentle housework. I've had a bad back for the last few days and it's still very painful.
DD1 messaged last night to say that 11 year old DGD's school is shutting for 2 weeks, starting today until they go back on the 2nd November after half time. Apparently Public Health England have made this decision because of the amount of pupils and staff either ill or isolating. My granddaughter has to isolate for 2 weeks.
My youngest granddaughter, nearly 3, was playing with her Barbie dolls on Saturday and said to my daughter that Barbie would need a mask if she went to the shops. Sad for the little ones who are probably confused as to what is happening.
Love and hugs to all who need them and stay safe everyone xx

Sark Mon 19-Oct-20 07:33:32

Nankate enjoy your trip to Burford. We are not far from there and often go for a mooch around the, as you say, "rather swish" garden centre!

Lins1066 Mon 19-Oct-20 07:35:39

Good morning Mick and all, glad you are feeling better today Mick. It is just getting light and it looks cloudy here on the S Welsh coast. Mr Lins has taken the puppy for a walk, too early for me, I will go with them for a stroll later. Urmston asked for a photo of him, so here he is. We could do with some of your sunshine Urm, the forecast is autumnal for the UK this week.
Welcome Cally100. Have a pleasant day everyone.

NfkDumpling Mon 19-Oct-20 07:37:01

Morning All

Dark clouds here in the north of Norfolk but a bit of a sunrise on the horizon.

Hopefully it'll stay dry and I can annoy some soil in the garden and eject the weeds which have shot up while my back was turned.

I've missed a few morning check-ins for one reason or another but when the clocks go back next week I shall be waking an hour earlier so I should be in with a chance!!

Take care and stay safe Everyone, and (((hugs))) and flowers for those in need of them. There seems to be a lot of health and finance 'challenges' around at the moment.

NfkDumpling Mon 19-Oct-20 07:38:23

That is one gorgeous little dog Lins!

Bellasnana Mon 19-Oct-20 07:41:43

Good morning from Malta. It was chucking it down when I got up a couple of hours ago, but it has stopped now. The dog will be pleased as he refuses to go out if it’s raining even if he’s bursting to pee!

Yesterday turned out better than expected as DD3 took me out for a bit of lunch. It was a lovely surprise , she’s such a sweetheart.

DD1 has her op today so I shall be concerned until I hear if all has gone well. With the six hour time difference I expect I shall be waiting a long time for news.

Welcome to Cally100, I often passed through Whitstable en route to visit my sister in Broadstairs.

NanKate, I never knew you were a matchmaker! What a lovely story. Hope you enjoy your meet up.

Not much planned for today. I’ve got a handyman coming to see to the wall switch connected to the tumble drier as it gets red hot if the drier is on. Obviously, I daren’t use it in case of fire, so I’m hoping it’s just the switch that is faulty rather than the drier. There’s always something.

Hope everyone has the best day possible. ☀️

Elizabeth1 Mon 19-Oct-20 07:47:50

Good morning everyone hi Cally100 welcome it’s a dull dreich start to us here on the east coast of Fife and I’m sure I heard sma rain falling earlier on I wonder if DH will be going golfing today perhaps it’ll be the driving range followed by a blether and a cup of tea with his pal. Friday in Dundee was brilliant sunshine and heat as well we met up with our dd her DH our 2 wee gds where we got our lovely hugs oh so sweet. The oldest gds was very unsure whether he could hug or not he’s so sensitive the youngest was not hanging around straight in there with a choc gold coin in his mouth sooo adorable both of them. Well by gum I paid for the trip to Dundee and all the frivolity by being exhausted yesterday not to worry it’s the usual pattern I’ll be okay today if not I’ll just rest up. My dd insists on me going to see a neuro physio she’s looking for a miracle have any of you Gransnet’s experience of this what’s the difference between an ordinary physio and a neuro one. I’d love to hear your views on this one. I’ve made the appointment to make my dd happysmile keep safe everyone enjoy the day it’ll soon be yesterday virtual hugs everyone.flowers

Scentia Mon 19-Oct-20 07:48:29

Welcome Cally100. Congratulations on becoming a Gran for the first time.❤️

Sheepandcattle Mon 19-Oct-20 07:51:09

Good morning all. Dry and mild here in Wiltshire but according to the weather forecast, wet weather starts tomorrow so the farm will soon become ‘mud, mud, glorious mud’ - my least favourite thing about winter. An exciting day ahead of me today as I’m having a rare day away from the farm and am off to Ikea and John Lewis with a friend. I’ve been checking out the Ikea website and discovered loads of bits and bobs that I never knew I needed and now realise I can’t live another day without! No doubt once I get my haul back home this evening I’ll be thinking ‘ why on earth did I buy this stuff?!!’ This will be the first ‘big shopping day’ since lockdown at the beginning of March so I’m both excited but a little wistful that it’ll be so different to pre-lockdown shopping trips. Hello to Cally100 and welcome. Wishing you all a peaceful and productive day, as free from worries as can be in these strange times.

Harris27 Mon 19-Oct-20 07:52:33

Morning all. Start work at 9:so a quick one hope you all had a good weekend got lots done in the house and watched some tv last night. How dark the mornings are becoming? Hoe you all have a good day off to see my little darlings at 9 x

dragonfly46 Mon 19-Oct-20 07:54:22

Good morning from a breezy Leicestershire.

Welcome Cally it is so exciting becoming a Grandma.

Again nothing planned although will try to get in a walk.

Looking forward to hearing from Maw and hoping Marydoll feels better.
Love to Gilly.

Beauregard Mon 19-Oct-20 07:54:45

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's dry and looks like the sun might peep out from behind the clouds this morning.

We had a busy day gardening yesterday - some tidying and sorting at home, then at the veg garden I took up the French bean plants, tidied up the Brussels and picked some Broccoli and Courgettes, both of which are coming to an end now.

Today, more garden work and some washing I think. Although I'd like to fit in a trip to The Range to buy some spice jars (and possibly a rack if I see one I like) for my ever expanding stock of herbs and spices.

Good to hear news of those feeling much better today, hope others do soon. Freedom for you Ashcombe. Welcome Cally100. Bellasnana hope your DD's op goes well.

Lins What a beautiful puppy. He's melted my heart this morning! We lost our lovely girl in February and have decided not to have another for a while, but it's very tempting after being reminded what a joy they are to have around.

Hope everyone is feeling well and today is a good day.