Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Mon 19-Oct-20 06:12:21

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but its dry out here in Brackley .
I am back to normal as regards to things health wise .
I ate regularly yesterday ,and at least I felt as though I did not want to collapse.
Did a small shop supermarket wise, think now most supermarkets have no crowd control people are brushing alongside one another as well as staff , experiences have been like going into a overcrowded pub.
Anyway enjoyed the racing yesterday, non on today but continues tomorrow .
Take Care,
Mick

Purplepixie Mon 19-Oct-20 10:38:01

Good morning from a grey but mild East Midlands. I’ve just had a walk out - around 3 miles, which I feel better for. Knitting today.

Urmastongran - what would we do without your wonderful sunny report. It just reminds us that we have a sun - somewhere! Enjoy your relaxing day by the pool.

Stay safe and sane to all of my wonderful friends on this great site.

Taichinan Mon 19-Oct-20 10:50:19

Good morning all. Lovely to hear that all the poorlies are feeling better today. Elizabeth we're sharing the same weather today - although at the moment it's becoming slightly less dark in the Angus coast. Loving the puppy photos ladies - so cute. Welcome to the thread and to grandmotherhood Cally. Nothing much going on here today, but haircut tomorrow. I had to put it off two weeks ago and I swear it's grown another six inches since then! It's also time to get sorted out for a return to classes on Wednesday and Thursday. For how long, of course, is in the hands of Covid and Nicola. Bellasnana thinking of you as you await the outcome of your DD's op - it's at times like this that you feel all those miles between you. Now for a quick coffee before I roll up my sleeves and start the week. Have the best day everyone ???

aggie Mon 19-Oct-20 10:53:12

So glad I decided not to go shopping with DD , she txt that the shop is overrun with schoolchildren !

EllanVannin Mon 19-Oct-20 10:55:33

Good Morning All x
Rather dull and getting breezier by the minute which makes it feel colder than it actually is, but not bothering with the heating as I won't feel the benefit for when it's really cold.

Glad you're better Mick and back to near normal. My own upset was short-lived and I was able to tackle my lamb dinner with tapioca pud after. I had mashed potato rather than roast but it still went down well. Must keep the strength up. grin

Well I don't know what I'll be up to today or whether D will pop in, with no drop-offs or pick-ups of children being on half-term she won't have to rush.

The charity companies are feeling the pinch as I had a call on Friday by one and have just finished on the phone to another one, so I certainly don't have to move out of the house in order to spend money smile Ah well, what can you do when they're not government funded and all do vital services to the community ?

Hope appointments / treatments go well for those who are attending GP's/ hospitals etc. xx

Love the doggie pics as they always make me smile. Anything to do with animals make my day. I should have worked at a nature reserve I think, I'd have been in my element.

Scentia, that little chap will be talking his head off soon and you won't be able to shut him up grin My nephew was the same, he was a child of few words, but made up for it. He's 50 now. Some are just slower to develop.

Stay safe and well everyone---glad you're picking up a bit Mary.
Welcome to Cally too before I forget.
Thoughts to our missing friends and Gilly, hope things will improve for you xx

pegros Mon 19-Oct-20 11:05:43

Good morning Mick and everyone. Its a little cloudy, but dry and pleasant in Somerset at the moment. The sun is trying to pop its head out from behind the clouds.
It is good to have a morning catch up with all my “neighbours” near and far on this thread. Mick, it might amuse you to know your fridge fixing antics appeared in my weird dreams recently. The stick thingy had disappeared and a whole savoy cabbage blocked the drainage hole and was stuck in ice on the fridge wall! Bizarre indeed. A quiet day planned here. A silly vision problem means its tricky for me to post sensibly, without causing bafflement, amusement or unintentional offence, but so enjoy reading the daily catch ups. It is good to know we are all in this together, and we can still say “Good morning”, sometimes in spite of everything. Best wishes to everyone, hang in there, and do keep posting.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 19-Oct-20 11:12:02

Good morning from a chilly and wet north of Scotland. After raking the leaves in the garden this morning and getting A little out of puff I have decided to turn over a new leaf myself. After reading this thread {thank you Mick). I am going to do 20 minutes of Pilates. I will have a look online for a tutorial. Then I will build up the time. There isn’t going to be gardening for exercise so I need to do something and it should also lift my spirits.
Sar (I think). What a sad image of your granddaughter saying Barbie needs a mask.
gillybob. I keep thinking of you ?
Have the best day you can everyone.

hollysteers Mon 19-Oct-20 11:12:23

Good morning Mick and all, I’m glad you are feeling more human Mick, I think vomiting is one of the worst health experiences we have, I much prefer pain to throwing up, obviously not keen on either?
It’s dull looking out from Barnacle Bungalow on the west coast, the view at the moment is of my next door neighbours scaffolding on his massive Victorian house. He’s a great neighbour though. It’s more of the same today, but will ring to wish a friend a happy birthday, rearrange my missed flu jab and carry on sorting papers under the photocopier. Also make some smoothies to freeze from my apples.
I’m afraid my cat has the huff as I found a clip of cats miaowing and yelling on YouTube and was astonished at her reaction as she takes absolutely no notice of a lot of things. She jumped up, eyes staring and spent the whole evening searching the house for the intruders, then disappeared. She’s back now, so gave her a treat of Dreamies and no more pranks, only the fish on a string she likes.
All the best to anyone troubled.

Grammaretto Mon 19-Oct-20 11:12:26

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it is Autumny today. No sun and lots of fallen leaves. The colours of the remaining trees are wonderful.
How lovely to be a new granny soon? Cally
and to be out of quarantine Ashcombe
I hope your DD's op goes well Bellasnana

Enjoy IKEA sheepandcattle I always pick up light bulbs and paper napkins when I'm there. I doubt we'll ever run out now.
I love the doggie pics. I can try to send one of our grandpup. We haven't met her yet but see lots of photos.

Our DGD got the school bus today for the first time. She is 5 and has to wear a mask so guess what her DGM has been doing?

Grammaretto Mon 19-Oct-20 11:13:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Urmstongran Mon 19-Oct-20 11:41:10

Aw thanks for the photo of the cute cocker spaniel puppy Lins60 I adore that breed. As you know we used to have two cocker spaniel sisters. Such gentle dogs with ‘soft’ mouths. A joy.

I’m another missing Maw - if you’re reading do come back soon please. I find you the voice of reason and your posts are always interesting and amusing.

Oh gillybob where are you? Things must be bad over there pet. You’ve never taken such a long break before. Come on just to say ‘hello’. No details required. We all miss you very much. x

Hello to the 2 newbies Cally100 and pegros (unusual name there what made you choose it?). ??
You both forgot to tell us the price of your houses. ⁉️

Parsley3 Mon 19-Oct-20 11:52:44

Sneaking in a late good morning from Forth Valley. A grey and miserable start to the day but I am hopeful of a better afternoon.
Greetings to everyone in and out of the doghouse.

HAZBEEN Mon 19-Oct-20 11:55:40

Good morning everyone, with a special good morning to the newcomers, from just beside Heathrow.
Well today started with the boiler breaking down! No heating or hot water so now I am sitting here waiting for the emergency gas man to call. We are lucky being in a Housing Association flat we dont have any big bill to worry about! But its starting to get a bit chilly in here so another layer is needed!
Not at lot planned for today, I did have a hospital appointment but that has been changed to 2 weeks time when they are going to review my treatment as the current regime isnt working. They will probably up the dosage according to my consultant. Hey ho early days.
Good thoughts and wishes for everyone with problems, tests and general urgh times. Special wishes to Doodle and her DH after the last few days.
Stay Safe all.

pegros Mon 19-Oct-20 12:23:29

Thanks for sticking with tradition urmstongran! Hope I got the bold bit correct. My name is just a play on a nickname given to me by my oldest friend a very long time ago. No idea why I had it in the first place though.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 19-Oct-20 12:32:06

Good Afternoon all from dry Harrogate. Glad you are better Mick, did worry about you yesterday! Welcome to the Newbies, you'll enjoy these posts!
Had a busy morning, after brekkies and a shower I had a doctors appointment, it seems I'm as good as it gets!! At least no worse.
Got home for a cuppa then my schoolfriend phoned and we chatted for over an hour. She is feeling very low about the Lockdown in Ayrshire, but she knows she can phone and scream at me if it helps! Now I have a wash on and await DH returning from the optician so we can have lunch.
Stay safe and keep well all.

Borrheid55 Mon 19-Oct-20 13:10:37

Hi all from a bright Kent! Yes Marydoll I had an MRI but it was Saturday evening. Having trained people in management skills including stress management for 25 years, I practised my visualisation technique. Worked beautifully, nearly fell asleep despite all the noise. Now the really anxious bit, waiting for the result!
Glad Mary you’re feeling rested. DH just going to pick up my repeat prescription while I put my feet up? What a life!
Have a good day all!

Marydoll Mon 19-Oct-20 13:21:17

I count backwards from 100 in French or Italian for stressful procedures. Works every time! ?

Good to hear you have had it!

Borrheid55 Mon 19-Oct-20 17:52:27

Marydoll I walked from the flat in Jerez around the town, around Carrefour, fish market - naming all the shops in Spanish. Worked a treat!