Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone planning outside exercise today?

(151 Posts)
Riverwalk Mon 19-Oct-20 07:49:34

Well it's a miserable Monday weather-wise in London - very grey and gloomy but dry.

So I'm getting me togs on and heading up river!

Silverlady79 Mon 19-Oct-20 10:09:03

Sun is trying to break through...so bike ride on my lovely ebike which gives me the ability to go so much further than I used to.

polnan Mon 19-Oct-20 10:09:52

Swindon, sort of middling here, sun wants to shine, at least no rain yet, so as I have nothing planned, and struggling, I will try to go a short walk round the brook and trees here.

not energetic enough for housework

leaf blowing? never understand that,, where do you blow them to, one place to another? giggle...

Quilty Mon 19-Oct-20 10:10:33

Lucca 19000 steps......I'm impressed....you deserve to be smug!!

PipandFinn Mon 19-Oct-20 10:11:35

Its a lovely morning in Northumberland and just arrived back from a dog walk with 20 minutes spare before I go to my Pilates class.... Then back home to enjoy a nice coffee and then another dog walk.....

bridie54 Mon 19-Oct-20 10:11:40

All you energetic ladies are making me feel lazy. But it’s a horrible grey rainy day here in Angus so my plan is to stay cosy and sew Christmas pockets for the local Scrubs group. Someone else with dressmaking experience sews the scrubs. My exercise will be jumping from the sewing machine to the ironing board. :-)

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 19-Oct-20 10:21:17

Some sun but chilly in Cornwall. Walk with my dog soon. We're so lucky to live in our 16 acre wood. Dog will spend most of her time chasing squirrels or sat for ages at the bottom of trees looking up at them.
Then it's back to gardening. Trying to clear out three raised beds to then make just two. Higher and a little wider than old ones.

angiemary64 Mon 19-Oct-20 10:25:05

Been running regularly for 32 years. 3 miles today. Getting left leg used to the idea, after broken ankle. ?

Coconut Mon 19-Oct-20 10:26:26

Am just off for a 2 hour trek up a local nature trail, we usually clock up about 12k steps ??‍♀️. It’s a bit fresh outside but dry and bright ......

Daddima Mon 19-Oct-20 10:27:24

Going to be socially distanced at a funeral. The cemetery is uphill, so friend and I are setting off while the 20 permitted family are in the church, then walking through the village, where people will join the procession. We shall be at the ‘tail end’, having sprachled up the hill.

libra10 Mon 19-Oct-20 10:30:04

Just been out for an hour walking the dog.

Purplepixie Mon 19-Oct-20 10:33:36

I’ve just walked 3 miles, my first walk in ages, so I will pay for it later.

Camelotclub Mon 19-Oct-20 10:37:37

Hour's walk later across the airfield (WW2) and latte at the cafe at the end.

Lindylou57 Mon 19-Oct-20 10:42:18

Chilly and overcast here in MK. Just walked GD to playgroup and then back home again for me, takes 40 minutes in all there and back so will be another 40 minutes to pick her up later this afternoon. Definitely get my 10,000 steps in today!

nipsmum Mon 19-Oct-20 10:43:55

Here in Aberdeen it is cold ,dull and wet. I've been out in the park with my 2 Westies who hate getting wet. We are home now and have no plans to get wet until the afternoon when we'll go out again.

Chardy Mon 19-Oct-20 11:01:19

It's now sunny here on south coast. It wasn't when I walked the dogs on the beach earlier.

grandMattie Mon 19-Oct-20 11:03:19

We walk round our little town every morning, about 45 minutes. I scamper as DH takes no prisoners.
I love going round and looking at the street names:- the butts, rope walk, millwall, friendship lane...

BelindaB Mon 19-Oct-20 11:07:15

Lucky me - I'm torn between going up to the allotment and resuming the outdoor re-decorating! Be still my beating heart....

I'd love to indulge myself and go to the allotment but I think it might be more sensible to get some more painting done before it starts raining again.

I'll be taking the (3) dogs for a walk shortly, either way. A task I always enjoy as I/we meet so many local people as we go along.

Nannapat1 Mon 19-Oct-20 11:22:13

No walk for me. Have had my visit to the chiropractor and am now icing the offending bit of my back. Haven't been able to walk without considerable pain for 3 weeks now ?

Cambia Mon 19-Oct-20 12:08:02

Couch to 5k. This week it is three runs of 25mins each......help!
Dread doing it but always feel so good afterwards.

twinnytwin Mon 19-Oct-20 12:17:10

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Warwickshire so we've been tidying up the garden and taking the tomato plants down. First time grower this year - 48 green tomatoes, 1 red and one semi ripe in total. I've put the green ones in a paper bag with a banana as suggested. We'll feast on the red one tonight!

Paperbackwriter Mon 19-Oct-20 12:19:08

The sun came out in SW London so I'm gardening while it's dry and relatively warm (though the wind is getting up a bit). Have been putting the antirrhinum seedlings into pots ready for next year, and cornflowers too. I like to get some in in autumn so there's something flowering early-ish next spring. I've just had another lot of tulip bulbs arrived from Sarah Raven (who gets all my money these days) so there's those to do as well.

Lucca Mon 19-Oct-20 12:21:35

J52. Yes we tend to stubbornly play on if just a light drizzle. It’s a nice day where I am though !

Fizog Mon 19-Oct-20 12:44:30

I’m off for a Nordic walk at 2pm in a North London with my fellow six, hoping the sun stays out...... I go rain or shine.... fresh air, trees and a distanced chat good for the soul.

Kim19 Mon 19-Oct-20 12:56:55

Just back in from my riverside uplift. Pretty grey, overcast and breezy but, thankfully, mild. Feel good factor abounds because I'm seeing my S, P & GC later. Oh yessss.......

songstress60 Mon 19-Oct-20 12:57:04

I have been exercising outside all over lockdown since I live alone. I figure that if you exercise outside alone you cannot infect anyone. There is a sports centre near me and when the gymn was closed I used the gymn apparatus on the playing fields. You cannot infect someone if you are alone, and we need to be slim and fit if you wish to fight off illness. Exercising indoors benefits nobody.