Gransnet forums

Chat

No more Gransnet

(40 Posts)
Illte Mon 19-Oct-20 18:10:50

I have to stop coming on Gransnet.

I burnt the curry onto the bottom of the saucepan.

And now I've burnt the rice..

LauraNorder Tue 20-Oct-20 12:01:25

Shout out to Pantglas2 it’s just started to rain in Anglesey, get your brolly out in Conwy grin

Alioop Tue 20-Oct-20 12:09:09

Go on for wee nosey when I sit down with my coffee. Can sit, relax and have a good titter at some of the comments. Enjoyed the user name thread this morning, great!

Forestflame Tue 20-Oct-20 12:17:25

Thought from the thread title that GN would be no more!!.
So glad to find it's not the casesmile.
I do enjoy catching up with everyone on GN, especially during lockdown.

grandtanteJE65 Tue 20-Oct-20 12:21:42

Don't leave. Do like me, read Gransnet while you are having your afternoon rest - it's much more fun than snoozing.

silverlining48 Tue 20-Oct-20 12:26:09

Did anyone hear the piece about mumsnet on womans hour this morning? Gransnet wasnt mentioned but i was interested that mumsnet turnover is £8.3 million. Is that from advertising alone?

sharon103 Tue 20-Oct-20 14:43:22

Gransnet gets more priority over housework for me. Oh, what a state to get in grin Yes it is addictive isn't it.

silverlining48 Tue 20-Oct-20 14:50:06

I should be looking fir new car insurance (AA hiked renewal 45% up) also need to renew passports but what am I doing? , I am looking idly on GN.

hollysteers Tue 20-Oct-20 15:35:20

I think Gransnet has been a blessing all through this period. So what if we spend so much time on it, life seems suspended anyway and any connection is good. I keep a diary off and on and this is similar, only with some comeback.
I particularly enjoy all the little domestic things we write about “The joy of small things”

Tanjamaltija Tue 20-Oct-20 15:53:51

Don't worry.... put the posts out in the yard and the slugs will clean them for you. Meanwhile, make spaghetti with garlic sauce.

fluttERBY123 Tue 20-Oct-20 18:52:49

Thank goodness for that. I started to think gnet was going the way of the Edinburgh Woollen Mill.

etheltbags1 Tue 20-Oct-20 19:49:17

I just dip in and out. Sometimes i work lots other times i have more time. I do spend time on fb too

QuaintIrene Tue 20-Oct-20 20:21:52

I haven’t felt well enough to post alately, but I read every day. It’s been a godsend. Like listening in to a group of friends who don’t pester for me to join in all time.
Wonderful !

Sark Tue 20-Oct-20 20:43:16

Hi QuaintIrene
Hope you are feeling better and your little cat is ok

lemongrove Tue 20-Oct-20 21:00:55

I post whenever I sit down near the ipad and aren’t emailing or texting friends or reading.I have been having too many sit downs lately, mind you.?
I have GN friends in real life and many lovely virtual friends here, although sadly some have left GN over the years, and I always hope that they are ok.