Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(96 Posts)
12Michael Tue 20-Oct-20 06:12:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but also windy with wet pavements as well here in Brackley this morning.
Today, my usual trip out to Bicester via Buckingham and then straight back, small shop and a coffee .
Today Cycling wise the Vuelta starts in Spain ,and its the start of the final week of the Giro , I can watch both races simultaneously on TV as they do cut into the races at key moments .
Take Care,
Mick

PollyDolly Tue 20-Oct-20 08:11:30

Good morning from a very gloomy East Midlands, well the northern bit of it!
Supermarket shopping this morning, we find Tuesdays are much less crowded than towards the weekend and we do only go once a week.
Busy day today making various Christmas gifts- I'm a keen crafter - but should do the ironing first I suppose!
Good wishes to all those GNetters feeling unwell or having treatment today.
Stay safe everyone!

Georgesgran Tue 20-Oct-20 08:12:36

Good morning from Durham. It’s wet again - not what we need here when we are only allowed to socialize outdoors!
DD1 bringing DGS today (our bubble) he likes to pick up the windfall apples, so the hard floors will need a good clean when he’s gone. I can barely contain my excitement! Obviously, I need to get out more ? - if only!

Hope everyone has the best day today and thinking of all with troubles. X

Gingster Tue 20-Oct-20 08:16:22

Good morning all . We had a lovely walk along the river yesterday with little pooch who was desperate to chase the swans. They soon disappeared to the other side , so we were able to let her off lead for a run. It was such a lovely, calm, sunny day. Lifted the spirits! ?.

I found a recipe for a quick Xmas cake. Only 3 ingredients. Mixed fruit, flour and ..... chocolate milk. I thought I’d give it a go. It looks ok but haven’t tasted it yet. ?.

Missing my U3A groups now we’re in tier 2. We’d just got back to almost normal, being very careful , and now restrictions have curtailed everything again! At least we can still get out walking even if the weather isn’t great.

Best wishes to all. Take care and find something enjoyable to do. ???

Urmstongran Tue 20-Oct-20 08:19:39

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have no sun, just a bank of white clouds and heavy mist over the mountains right now. The forecast is for the same tomorrow and rain on Thursday!

Ah well, Tuesday = my LWW day. I’m joyous. I really enjoy our weekly get together! I started this group when I retired six years ago and it’s a wonderful weekly gathering. The ladies who are resident here keep it going and us visitors join in as and when throughout the year.

I shall need a jacket or thick cardigan today - I hate to be chilly!

Hope all goes well for Mr.L today kitty with negative results. I shall pop back later in the hope that Maw has posted. Thinking of you too gillybob as ever.

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Jaxjacky Tue 20-Oct-20 08:23:16

Good morning Mick and all from a balmy, damp S Hants. At last have a date for the new kitchen, 9th November , will start emptying cupboards next week. DH car had a service and MOT yesterday, all fine. Today I have a booking at the local tip for allotment rubbish, think I might get wet.
Bellasnana good news from your daughter, onwards.
Scentia you’re brave! Ashcombe busy days after your confinement. Kalu I know how you feel, had a long phone call with my daughter last night, I’ve been hyper cautious about having her and GC’s indoors throughout and feel I must relax a bit, she’s a single parent working in a school with little respite. We are tier 1, so I’ve suggested they call in for coffee at the weekend.
Have a peaceful day all.

Oopsadaisy4 Tue 20-Oct-20 08:28:58

Good morning Mick and everyone, from a dull and drizzly Oxfordshire, I was planning on a gardening day today, but as it’s wet I’ll find something indoors to do, probably sorting out the spare bedrooms, they haven’t been used for GCs since last year(☹️) and have become a bit of a dumping ground.

Apart from that I’m avoiding catching the eye of the tradesmen who are working in the wet outside and their lovely dog who is very wet and wants to come indoors, he has access to his basket in the van so I’m trying to resist .
Have a good day everyone, hopefully Maw will be back soon.

GrannyOwl5 Tue 20-Oct-20 08:40:32

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is grey and damp, but quite mild.
An arranged visit today to a local bathroom showroom to choose all the necessities for the new bathroom next month. Have been busy measuring spaces and alcoves now all we need to do is decide what’s going in them!
We shall call in at our local garden centre for compost and other sundries; we are planning on moving two hydrangeas so need to prepare their new homes.
Have installed two new squirrel-busting bird seed feeders in the garden to deter the pesky blighters. So far, they haven’t been able to stuff their faces with seeds, but neither have the birds who have studiously ignored the new feeders; usually the trees have several groups all chattering and squabbling, but apart from one blue tit who grabbed a quick snack on the wing there has been nothing else. Will have to wait and see if they get used to their new restaurants!
Hope all medical appointments go well and those with illnesses and worries have a better day. Have a good Tuesday. Stay safe.

Pittcity Tue 20-Oct-20 08:44:48

Good morning from a wet but warm Colchester. Temperature could reach 18 today.
A day volunteering at a charity shop today. This is still allowed here in Essex but a coffee meetup isn't.
I am just so happy to get out of the house.

Lins1066 Tue 20-Oct-20 08:46:10

Good morning Mick and all. Overnight rain but it is now dry and bright here on the S Welsh coast. I too am hoping to see the fish van today as I missed him last week. We defrosted the chest freezer a few days ago and threw out some things that were well out of date. No idea what is on the cards today, probably a walk at sometime if it stays dry.
Best wishes to Maw and Hattie.
Have a good day.

Anniebach Tue 20-Oct-20 08:53:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nortsat Tue 20-Oct-20 09:03:09

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a grey east London. I am struggling with the dark mornings ... it’s like midnight at 6.30am.

Scentia, can you pop a small personal alarm into your coat pocket, for those dark, early morning walks to work? I used to insist all of my team had them ... then I would ask them where is was. ‘In my desk drawer’ was quite often the answer.
I think it just increases the sense of self confidence a bit.
Good morning Maw and Hattie. Good morning gilly.

I have some work to do this morning and a medical telephone consultation.
No idea what to cook for supper ...
My partner has on line tuition with several of his students.

We watched the first and second episodes of Roadkill, on the BBC iplayer yesterday. It seemed a bit slow to build up ... and then in the last 5 minutes of episode two ... everything happened...

Have a good day all and ? to those facing challenges.

Taichinan Tue 20-Oct-20 09:03:21

Good morning one and all. All the 'D's here to day - Damp, Dark and Dreich on the Angus coast. After a few weeks of only a few hours' sleep a night, last night I slept like a log for a full eight hours and am having difficulty waking up I'd be asleep still if I didn't have a hairdresser's appointment! Meeting my niece for a quick lunch and catch up afterwards, and then a trip to the M&S food store, so a full day ahead. Only had time for a very quick skim through the posts, so that's a pleasure for later. Enjoy your tai chi Grandmattie - and my DDiL, who has been veggie all her life, eats fish so your DH isn't too far out! Thoughts for you and your DH Kitty and hope all goes well today. Everyone else, enjoy everything that comes your way and stay safe, warm and dry. ???

baubles Tue 20-Oct-20 09:06:12

Good morning to you Mick and everyone from a dreich South Lanarkshire. I’m going to do a bit of batch cooking today then get on with some crochet. I find my mood slumps if I don’t feel that I’ve achieved something in the day.

Onwards and upwards, hope everyone has a good day.

LauraNorder Tue 20-Oct-20 09:12:01

Good morning Mick and all from a dry and still Anglesey. Had a lovely long chat with Australian family in the wee small hours, got off to sleep about 4am. The builders arrived at 7.45 this morning and set up their radio outside my bedroom window, I pulled up the covers and tried to sleep on but to no avail.
Will have to have a brisk walk to wake myself up.
Hope all goes well for MrLester and anyone else having tests or treatments.
Enjoy your little gathering Urms sounds like lots of fun.
Come on Maw your fan club awaits.
Have a good day everyone.

Stilllearning Tue 20-Oct-20 09:16:34

Morming from S Lanarkshire, a heavy sky with little patches of blue, we'll see which win out. A general tidy up, dusting etc today and then a walk if possible. Second youngest GD's 8th birthday on Friday and I need a roll of wrapping paper for the lovely cushion I have for her with a message on it about hugging it to feel my love inside. I ordered it from an advert on Facebook, it's personalised and I'm pleased with it. I suspect she might be more pleased with the Lelli Kelly boots which will accompany it!
Sending kind wishes to all.

Kalu Tue 20-Oct-20 09:22:19

What a relief for you Bellasnana. Hopefully a more restful night for you later as the news from your DD will put your mind at rest now. What a stoical girl, wonder who she gets it from.?

Jax Both DDs and I often have long phone chats for a vent and spur each other on when needed. As we are in semi lockdown here, DD1 and our 2GDs , although they live only 15mins away, we can’t visit each other indoors and we all follow the guidelines. Enjoy your coffee catch up with your DD at the weekend.

Grammaretto Tue 20-Oct-20 09:24:07

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Thanks for the weather forecast - yours are much more accurate than the BBC.
Dry now but wet underfoot.
Yoga at 10. I'd better get a move on.
I was woken by DGC WhatsApp call. I assumed something awful but they just wanted to show me they were baking bread and their new puppy.
I hope your DD makes a good recovery Bellasnana it is so hard being far away.
Have a goood day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 20-Oct-20 09:33:56

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a dull but dry South Yorkshire. It rained a lot during the night. I know. I was up☹️. Diverticulitis flare up. DH has an eye test this afternoon. He’s most put out that I’m not allowed to go with him to help him choose new glasses, but them’s the rools! I will potter today and try not to do a lot.
Hope Mr L’s appointment goes okay today kitty. Have a good safe day folks.

NanKate Tue 20-Oct-20 09:49:13

PS

Marydoll I followed your strict instructions yesterday and did not by scarves or jewellery, just a pair of brightly coloured socks.

Glad you have got your tooth sorted at last NannyJ.

What a relief Bella ?

Nannytopsy Tue 20-Oct-20 09:51:05

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It has stopped raining here in Suffolk and is getting brighter - there are shadows! Today I am going to spread the gravel on our new path - I shall be very smug when it’s done. We are hoping the grass dries enough to cut it later today. The ironing can wait until tomorrow grin.
Best wishes to MrL and see you soon Maw.
GrandMattie my SiL and niece are pescatarians - there is even a name for it!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Bellasnana Tue 20-Oct-20 09:56:15

Thank you for all your kind wishes for DD1. I thought you might like to see some of the cookies DD2 made to cheer her sister up a bit. She makes some lovely designer cakes, and cookies which she ships all over the US. These will be travelling from Florida to Washington DC.?

grandMattie Tue 20-Oct-20 09:59:53

I know about pescatarians, but having mentioned that we (him really) have been overloading on fleas, perhaps being veggie for a couple of weeks would do no harm. But... he finds it hard having been brought up as a “meat and 2 veg“ sort of bloke.

DD and family are strict veggies so we are familiar with the concept.

grandMattie Tue 20-Oct-20 10:00:56

Fleas?? Flesh!

Mapleleaf Tue 20-Oct-20 10:17:59

Good morning

There's a little bit of blue in the sky and the sun keeps trying to come out but the cloud keeps covering it over. It's rained through the night but is dry now as Greyduster says.

Not a lot planned other than some ironing. I've got another futurelearn course that started yesterday, so will do some of that too.

Keep safe all.

Annapops Tue 20-Oct-20 10:19:49

Good morning from a very wet County Durham. I'm so pleased we got out and about yesterday with GD2. We visited Middleham Castle ( I must admit I feel much safer on EH sites than most places). Little one enjoyed clambering and jumping over the stones, and being spooked by dark passages.

On a more worrying note I have been unable to get in touch with BIL who is currently in hospital suffering from covid. He has always replied so promptly so this is out of the ordinary. He has been in ICU on oxygen. Now I am fearing worse. Fingers crossed I hear news to the contrary today. Oh how I wish I had asked for his sister's number.

I haven't had time to read all your posts today but will attempt to keep up between the demands of little GD today.

Have the best day you can everyone.