Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Sat 24-Oct-20 06:12:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark but its dry and looks like some frost as well .
Nice easy day today , after watching the cycling today , will attempt to have a Chinese Take Away later.
Also not to forget that the clocks go back an hour tonight.
Feeling a little better, think I had similar effects a few years back as a reaction to the flu jab , but its better to feel 100% better than not at all .
Take Care,
Mick

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 24-Oct-20 11:14:05

Good Morning all from drizzly Harrogate - Well where did yesterday go!! It went in a blur of 2 GC. I was supposed to have GS on his own, but DD1 asked if she could leave GD while she went to shopping. The shopping turned out to be for about 5 hours!! We took them to the park, but the slides and swings were wet, they had a play, then the two escaped and I had to run after them!!!. Collection time couldn't come soon enough! I cleared one floor of the lego bricks, clothes pegs, toy cars, and marbles - that was me completely knackered!!!
Hope all are feeling better, stay safe.

Purplepixie Sat 24-Oct-20 11:18:16

Good morning from a dark and dismal East Midlands. Another day in the house with no visitors, how much more can a person take.

NanKate Sat 24-Oct-20 11:18:33

Thanks Dragonfly for your good wishes. ?

Well Kitty the way things are going I am making a point of doing what I can whilst I can. Any excuse to down tools and eat out I’m up for it.

Now Mary we all know you are the Imelda Marcos of clothes, scarves, shoes. ? Now does sorting out mean getting rid of or just tidying up ? Only asking.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 24-Oct-20 11:21:17

Marydoll, sorting out your scarves reminds me mine have been used to decorate our front room. The whole room is strewn with scarves and cushions. Might do it today, or might use tomorrow's extra hour!

Legs55 Sat 24-Oct-20 11:23:32

Good morning all from a very wet & windy Devon. Late start for me as I've not been sleeping well, yet another infection saw me started on yet another course of antibiotics yesterday. Quiet day planned just doing the jobs I fancy although I must make a Chilli & a Spag Bol. Might make a cake although I shouldn't (Diabetic Type 2 & blood sugars are too high)

Thankfully we are Tier 1 here so I can look forward to seeing DD & DGSs for Lunch on Wednesday, something to look forward to a I've got GP/Podiatry/Diabetic Nurse appointments Monday & Tuesday.

My DM is being a nightmare again, refusing to let the carers in, she is going to end up in Hospital again & it is looking increasingly likely that she will no be able to stay in her own home. All communications are by phone as she is in Lancashire in Tier 3, even if I felt well enough to tackle he 300 mile journey I couldn't stay with her, the mood she's in at the moment I don't want to see her although I love her very much. I am relying on a neighbour who keeps an eye out for her & phone calls from relevant agencies

I just hope I can have a day to myself today, I know it sounds selfish but the stress is affecting my health. I'm normally such a "glass half full" person, thank goodness for Gransnet & good friends who can make me laugh smile

Urmstongran Sat 24-Oct-20 11:29:59

That tough for you Purplepixie thats not living, its existing. I hope your situation improves soon one way or another for you. x

Annapops Sat 24-Oct-20 11:35:29

An enforced wait for my state pension mrswoo, as I'm one of those WASPI women. It did help to claim childcare credits for 7 years from my DD though, which I can see have made quite a difference, as I retired early.

Yes, I eagerly await the return of Gilly too. I do hope all turns out well for her.

Bazwheat Sat 24-Oct-20 11:52:41

Poor bull !

Sark Sat 24-Oct-20 12:07:40

Hi everyone from Oxfordshire.
Grey and damp today.
Only read a little way through the thread but will catch up later.
Grannygravy flowers you sound a bit down...sending virtual hugs.
We are having the Grandchildren overnight so I am prepped and ready for cooking, painting, play doh, dressing up- anything really!
Have a good Saturday afternoon smile

Feelingmyage55 Sat 24-Oct-20 12:13:26

A late good morning from a lovely bright north of Scotland. I went out to garden for an hour but spent three hours. Lots of folk went past and there has been a lot of chatting. Off to read the thread. Thinking of all of you with aches, or problems large or small and hope there is a little respite over the weekend.

Taichinan Sat 24-Oct-20 13:12:58

Still learning I did wonder! Spell check can give lots of giggles - my daughter Veronica kept being called Verruca for a while. The subtitles on BBC Scotland news are extremely hilarious confusing. I think they use the same system as they do for England, which doesn't allow for the Scottish accent!

Hollysteer I know what you mean about motivation, or lack of same. I have days when I'm just sooo lacking in it Those days are usually grey and miserable and I just can't pull myself together. Thank goodness I have those tai chi classes to do! The ladies thank me for making them possible, but I thank them for coming and giving me some purpose! ?

dragonfly46 Sat 24-Oct-20 13:18:14

That's hard Purplepixie I suspect there are many people in Tier 3 who are alone and in the same position. We just have to hope these measures work and we can get back to seeing friends and family again. flowers

Janiepops Sat 24-Oct-20 14:31:18

Oh Purplepixie, bless you....
I guess you’re shielding. Does no one come at all?
Are you mobile, could you walk out anywhere?
I’m in Loughborough so you can’t be far away, in East Mids, perhaps we can all have an East Mids meet up in the Summer for tea and cake!
Hold it together Purple, sending good vibes to you, try and catch them!! xx

Scentia Sat 24-Oct-20 15:36:19

Janiepops I will definitely be up for an East Midlands meet up
just as soon as we are able.
Here is the book box. I am slightly disappointed with the feet as they look a bit small but they are all I’ve got and if I spend money on stuff it will defeat the object of making it in the first place. A bit of filler and finish wax then we are done.

Annapops Sat 24-Oct-20 16:23:24

Scentia, I think it's lovely. Well done.

dragonfly46 Sat 24-Oct-20 16:25:50

The book box looks great.

I am in Loughborough too Janiepops so I would be happy with a meet up after this is over.

Janiepops Sat 24-Oct-20 21:23:33

I thought you were close Dragonfly!(and Kitty...Rothley? )
We probably already see each other along the path of life! My 6 sons did Holywell, grace dieu,grammar, Ratcliffe,Garendon, burleigh, l’boro college!! So you can imagine how many faces I know when I go shopping! But not names anymore, more stuff leaving my head than coming in! I’ll be quite vacuous in a short time! Haven’t mastered smiley faces yet, but just imagine there are several after this sentence!!! smile xx

Janiepops Sat 24-Oct-20 21:24:15

Ohh! It happened!! smile smile smile

kittylester Sat 24-Oct-20 22:23:32

No, not Rothley, janie but not far away. Our paths will definitely have crossed.