Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 24-Oct-20 12:03:57

Here we are again. As happy as we can be (in the circumstances). All good pals and jolly good company.

Cheers! cupcake wine brew cafe and whatever else that you fancy, providing it's legal. smile

kittylester Thu 26-Nov-20 20:24:41

Thank you MacS. Give her our love!!

Marydoll Thu 26-Nov-20 20:28:58

Delighted to hear it is all over.

Fennel Thu 26-Nov-20 20:40:42

Thanks Mr. Mac.
We all love soop as you know. and you too. from what she's said about you. You're a team.
I'm saying prayers for you both - even if you don't believe in prayers it can't hurt.

Hellogirl1 Thu 26-Nov-20 20:59:37

Thank you MacS, good to know that Soop is in good spirits, they`ll be even gooder when she downs that G&T! Sending all my love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Galen Thu 26-Nov-20 21:12:50

That’s good then
Thanks McSporran

Grandmafrench Thu 26-Nov-20 21:14:56

It's over, Mac, and what a relief that must be for the both of you. Only looking forward now and getting well and strong again. Don't forget that this all happened because you fought her corner and pointed out to the GP what she was having to put up with. We'll keep our fingers crossed that bad times are over and she'll soon be able to resume her role as full-time Carer for your new moggie. Take care both and big hugs - get some rest. ??

Charleygirl5 Thu 26-Nov-20 21:38:11

Thank goodness it is now all over- thanks so much for letting us know.

Doodle Thu 26-Nov-20 21:56:38

Feelingmyage, Panache does post in the Lockdown Gang thread. Not every day but when she feels able. You are more than welcome to pop in and say hello if you want to but otherwise I will mention you were asking after her. ?
MacSporran thank you so much for the update. Good to hear soop is comfortable. I hope she is back with you soon.
Please send her our love ?
charleygirl you’re not always quiet ?.........don’t worry I won’t say a word. What happens in the Argy stays in the Argy ?

Synonymous Thu 26-Nov-20 22:14:26

Good to hear from you MacSporran and so good to hear that soop is doing well, really pleased. flowers wine

Nannyfaraway Thu 26-Nov-20 22:31:53

Thank you MacSporran for the update on Soop I'm glad it went well and she is comfortable. Please give her my love

baubles Thu 26-Nov-20 23:02:55

Popped in to see if there was any news from MrMacSporran. So happy to hear that soop is comfortable and looking forward to going home.

Charleygirl5 Fri 27-Nov-20 11:15:18

I hope Fern pops in for a bite to eat. With luck soop you will be discharged today and return to the comfort of your own home. There is nothing like your own bed.

I hope you have adequate pain relief and you have noticed an appreciable difference.

Bellanonna Fri 27-Nov-20 11:43:49

Onwards and upwards now, dear soop. I’m so glad it’s all over x

Greyduster Fri 27-Nov-20 11:49:14

Excellent news, Soop. If you are coming home today tell MacS to have extra padding for the car seat. I had something similar earlier this year and I was grateful for it! Gently does it, now!

annodomini Fri 27-Nov-20 12:17:46

Thanks for the good news McS. Glad soop is in good spirits and looking forward to getting home. You too must be very relieved that it's all over. Love to you both.?

annsixty Fri 27-Nov-20 12:26:54

Very good news soop
I hope it has been a success.
An “off day” for me today so I will leave you all with my good wishes.

Grandmabatty Fri 27-Nov-20 14:34:58

Thank you for the update Mrmacsporran and for thinking of us when no doubt your head is elsewhere. Its very much appreciated. Its good to hear that our lovely Soop is mending.

Baggs Fri 27-Nov-20 15:13:48

Sad news from soop, I'm afraid. She's on her way home feeling sick, exhausted and deflated. It seems the surgeon could not do a complete repair so there may be more 'procedures'. I can't be the only one who thinks soop (and others in the same boat) deserve some compensation for all this, not that it's the fault of the current surgeon.

soop sends her love and I (no doubt MacS as well) sent all yours.

annsixty Fri 27-Nov-20 15:25:48

Oh what an unhappy end to soops hospital visit.
I am so sad for her.
I can only send love and positive thoughts to her.
She has been through so much.

Izabella Fri 27-Nov-20 16:01:45

Oh soop. I do t know what to say. Sending hugs

GrannySomerset Fri 27-Nov-20 16:06:32

What sad news. Our wonderful NHS is sometimes not so wonderful and this is one of those times.

Doodle Fri 27-Nov-20 16:17:53

That’s a real shame. Thank you for letting us know Baggs
I agree it’s not fair she’s been through so much.
soop so sorry. Hope you are not in too much discomfort. flowers

ann flowers for you too.

kittylester Fri 27-Nov-20 16:21:57

Gentle hugs for our soop. You must be so disappointed I hope you will get at least some relief. The kitchen will still be here when you are up to a visit but take your time.

Nannyfaraway Fri 27-Nov-20 17:02:44

So sorry Soop to hear that sad news. Sending virtual hugs. Hope you still feel some relief

NanaandGrampy Fri 27-Nov-20 17:08:45

Evening all,

I was just catching up and was pleased to hear Soop was fine only to get to Baggs post and be saddened all over again. That poor lady who continually empathises with others and worries about her friends and neighbours has had so much to deal with. Its just not fair.

Sending much love your way soop - feel better soon xxx

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion