Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 24-Oct-20 12:03:57

Here we are again. As happy as we can be (in the circumstances). All good pals and jolly good company.

Cheers! cupcake wine brew cafe and whatever else that you fancy, providing it's legal. smile

Nannytopsy Wed 02-Dec-20 17:53:12

Today has been pretty lively and tomorrow is another child care day. On Friday we can relax!
I had a very large filling today which was painless but uncomfortable IYSWIM. It left me feeling a bit like a dish rag!
Glad to see soop, kitty and dragonfly looking chirpier. Thanks for your instructions on H&S Galen - I will make sure the kitcheners follow the regulations.
Just finishing the sherry - no second glass here tonight ?

Flora5 Wed 02-Dec-20 17:54:21

annesixy I live in this bit of the house ... doing something for yourself and having what you would like after many years is a good thing (if coffers allow)
You are never too old .... it may be a bit messy whilst its done but WOW how you would love it , It may be worth exploring ??

Greyduster Wed 02-Dec-20 18:44:29

I went to Dunelm today silverlinings for a click and collect - it was bedlam!. Wish I hadn’t read that Kitty - I was going myself tomorrow to buy throws!! If it’s uber busy I’ll give it a swerve.

silverlining48 Wed 02-Dec-20 19:24:23

Maybe go early Greyduster, dunelm always seems busy. Or leave it til just before they close.
I left at 11 today but it wasn’t too bad. Didn’t have to queue.

mrshat Wed 02-Dec-20 20:39:24

Galen Loved your H&S directive for Christmas. Gave me my first lol for a long time. Keep safe flowers
Soop lovely to see you are back posting but please remember to rest, rest and rest again! flowers
Keep safe and well everyone x

baubles Wed 02-Dec-20 21:51:59

baubles Although the drop bot hasn't been corrected fully, I feel less stressed/bloated/sore. Hence, I am truly grateful. Lovely to have you with us in the kitchen. How long ago was it that we first met?

Eight years ago now! How did that happen tchshock

cornergran Wed 02-Dec-20 23:04:06

Evening All. Non stop activity here today, I think I’ve forgotten how to be busy.

You sound cheerful soop, please keep resting, your body needs to mend. A surgeon once said to me don’t forget inside takes longer to mend than outside, I’m sure he was right.

Drove past a Dunelm at about 2.30 today greyd. No queue and plenty of car park space. Same in the M &S Food I visited, maybe a break in people for school pickup. No idea but it was a very welcome quiet shop.

Apologies, I’ve not a clue what else has been posted today. Brain must be around somewhere, just not sure where.

Sleep well everyone. TOYA.

soop Thu 03-Dec-20 13:21:25

Boy oh boy! Do you lot ever sit still and allow a girl to catch up with all the happenings? hmm

We spent yesterday afternoon assembling the cat apartment. MacSporran was the foreman and I gave a few discreet suggestions throughout the process.

Fern had to be coaxed bribed to enter her new residence. At last, she appears to be well settled. I took a photo that just about shows her wee face behind the curtain. We are now considering constructing a porch to help keep the rain from wetting the "lobby".

We have snow on the Paps of Jura.

I shall return later to read through every post. About to have lunch.

Susan56 Thu 03-Dec-20 13:28:20

I’m sure Fern will love her new quarters.DD bought similar for Cupcake to give her peace from B but that didn’t happen.See attached photo.

Popped in to say hope you aren’t overdoing things soop and to send good wishes to Grandmafrench too.Hooe you are resting that leg and feeling better.

Lins,glad Mr L had been discharged from the eye hospital?

TOYA

dragonfly46 Thu 03-Dec-20 13:33:45

Gosh kitty that is dreadful. When all this started I went for a click and collect to Dunelm and it was really good. I waited outside away from the queue and they brought my stuff out to me within 5 minutes.

Doodle Thu 03-Dec-20 14:31:48

Wow, no hope of catching up but I have read lots.
Grandmafrench your leg sounds just like the same thing that happened to DH some months ago. Red and very painful to the touch. He had cellulitis. I hope yours improves soon but please make sure you get it checked.
kitty sorry you had a low day and glad you’re back to being Pollyanna again ?
Lins good to hear your DH’s eye is fine now.
soop we love you too. You know that don’t you ?
I am sorry they couldn’t do more to improve things for you but glad you are feeling a bit better.
I had to laugh when reading your post. Fern has now a wonderful new build apartment with all mod cons and warm blanket but now she needs a porch to keep the wet and rain out. That cat is truly spoilt but what else could she expect from you and MacSporran. I hope she remains with you for a long time you lovely people ?
Flora sorry about your phone. You must have been in a complete panic. Glad you got it back.
Lolly is lovely ?
Welcome to anyone new I have missed. Hope everyone is ok. Galen I loved your Health and Safety poem.
TOYA ?

Greyduster Thu 03-Dec-20 14:53:06

Called in Dunelm today - reasonably quiet in soft furnishings (except for me yelling into my phone “Where the ##@@**!!! have you wandered off to??” to my totally invisible, abducted by aliens DH!). Probably busier upstairs in the kitchen department. I am not allowed to go into the kitchen department!????????‍♀️

GrannyGravy13 Thu 03-Dec-20 15:19:40

This is the post box along from my house, so pretty.

soop Thu 03-Dec-20 17:23:33

grin You lot make me so happy. Lovely photos. Thank you for sharing.

I am about to feed Fern 5:30 is the third and final meal of the day. We think that we have a solution for the porch canopy. After all, MacS was an architect in a previous life. wink

I'm always heartened to discover that some of our Kitcheners who have not called in recently are back with us. You all matter.

Pitch black outside. Will need the outside light to illuminate the short distance to Fern' apartment. She has matting on top of lino. A bed with three blankets and...do I really need to continue. [wink

Love to you all. Stay safe. Keep warm. Don't overdo stuff that can wait until another day. smile moon

Puzzler61 Thu 03-Dec-20 17:30:47

Hello kitchen folk. Lovely photo’s in here today. Fern’s chalet is a prestige home for a lucky puss. Keep getting better
soop.
Snow in the north you say? Please don’t send it south!
Grannygravy what a cute topper for your postbox? Reminds me I must pop my Christmas cards in a postbox soon.
I think Grandmafrench will be along soon. Glad to see she is not rushing today. Her poorly leg requires rest.
Has MacS kept the fire going with logs, as well as building mini chalets? It’s so cosy and warm in here. (he is a lovely, kind man soop).
TOYA. Have a nice evening.

cornergran Thu 03-Dec-20 17:34:19

Super post box grannyg, it brought a smile for sure.

Flora will love her new anoxic soop, with or without a porch. Hope you aren’t overdoing things, good to hear you sounding upbeat.

That was indeed good news about your husband Lins, you must both be mightily relieved.

It’s been a funny old day here, things planned didn’t happen, just one of those things,

TOYA.

Nannyfaraway Thu 03-Dec-20 17:54:53

I had a bit of trouble logging in but all seems sorted and here I am.
Soop it's good to see you back and I love Fern's apartment. She is a very spoiled kitty. Make sure you look after yourself Soop and don't over do it.

Fennel Thu 03-Dec-20 17:59:39

corner - funny old day as you say.
Things are changing so quickly and going up into a different gear.
Which I, as a real oldie, am finding it hard to adjust to.

Nannytopsy Thu 03-Dec-20 19:35:48

Evening all! The third day of school runs has just finished. Both of us will struggle to stay awake until dinner is ready, let alone bed time! It’s the 6am starts that are the killer. To think I used to leave home at 6.30 for work!
What to do with a 4 year old who will argue black is white and white is no colour at all, as DH’s family says. She is such a torment to her big brother ??

Flora5 Thu 03-Dec-20 20:43:08

Evening..... just a quick drop-in . No sleep was had last night , don't ask me why ?! Got up at 10 a.m .grin
Haven't read posts but will tomorrow when I am feeling less worn out .
Walking Lolly at 11 so will drop in at lunch time .
TOYA

Lins1066 Fri 04-Dec-20 02:11:33

Thank you Susan,Doodle and Corner. We went for a walk by the sea later this afternoon after the rain stopped, it was good to get out together after nearly three weeks. We had a takeaway coffee and a hot chocolate, then sat and watched the clouds scurrying away to reveal the Devon coast.

Sorry sleep was elusive Flora5, I am currently having one of those nights too, no idea why. I'm off to count some sheep ?

GrannySomerset Fri 04-Dec-20 10:48:30

Just needed to say how impressed I am with the Pussy Palace created by the clever MacS. Lucky feline! I do think that being chosen by a cat, even if only because it prefers the brand of cat food you offer, is a huge compliment, and I look forward to further tales of the resident princess.

Flora5 Fri 04-Dec-20 11:33:08

Lins1066 hope the sheep counting worked ? I slept so very much better !!
I love the post box hat grannyg my two gc in London have a P box outside their house ,may just have to get creative smile
Just walked Lolly and although the forecast is rain it was in fact dry and a little sunny!
Pussy palace GrannySomerset love it ! It is indeed a work of art and any puss would love it MacS .
Just polished off the last few CC biscuits and now feel guilty
they were good though .
Sending a hello to all of you enjoying elevenses .

soop Fri 04-Dec-20 13:39:10

Good afternoon darling peoples.

What a buggeration of a morning! Cat apartment decided to collapse as I closed the lid. The back separated from the floor. I stood there in my dressing gown with mouth wanting to shout naughty words. Fer returned and walked around a near flat-pack. She then sat the other side of the fence and watched as MacS drilled and replaced barely long enough screws. All is well. She returned without as much as a smile, or indeed, a thank you. I have written to the supplier of the apartment. Not to be bolshy but to inform them that there is a minor design flaw.

How are those of you who are feeling below par? Please update us.

Flora Don't permit guilt to spoil your biscuit treats. It just ain't worth it.

annsixty Fri 04-Dec-20 14:29:38

Poor Fern, nearly evicted before she had time to get her feet under the table.
All is well now though.
It is snowing here but not settling as the ground is so wet.
It certainly seems chillier though.
I have put a very small prelit tree on a cupboard in the hall, we may make a start on more this weekend.
A small step in the great scheme bit a big step for me, I had a shower upstairs using the over bath shower, I have used a step to get “ my leg over” for some time but haven’t used that shower for nearly a year.
I was able to stand instead of sitting on a shower stool.
I felt very good.
My progress is much slower than when I had my knee done but I am getting there.
I hope today went okay for Grammaretto we can imagine her feelings today.
Best wishes to everyone else.
Nothing from the Panache’s.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion