Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Sun 25-Oct-20 06:04:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark here in Brackley this morning but cold and dry ,
Today, a small shop later followed by lunch and settle down and watch the final time trial of the Giro , which will be an interesting finale as we have a Brit and Aussie on equal time ,so who ever gains time on the other will be the overall winner .
Restless last night with the extra hour , body clock needs to adjust .
Take Care
Mick

mancgirl Sun 25-Oct-20 09:30:48

Good morning from a brightening Manchester. Welcome Greenmeadow Urmston may be along later to ask you for a valuation of your housewink. She's only kidding! Had an unexpected trip yesterday afternoon to a pumpkin patch with Gs1 and his mummy. Mud bath wasn't in it. Anyway suitably dressed and slipping and sliding everywhere to pick up mostly rotting pumpkins, we found the perfect one. In the farm shop ?. Gousto delivery today, few chores maybe. Loved Strictly last night. Wishing Gilly and Sapphire would just pop in to say a quick hi. Take care everyone. flowersfor those with extra cares and worries

sarahcyn Sun 25-Oct-20 09:35:38

Good morning from,London. I've got butterflies - I'm running a 3 hour workshop for new grandparents by Zoom in half an hour. I love doing it but strangely I always feel nervous just before.

MawB2 Sun 25-Oct-20 09:37:48

Good morning all from N Bucks where that torrential rain has stopped and it is a glorious morning.
Yesterday turned out to be such a nice day! My flu jab was easy peasy clocked in at the surgery door, 3 of us allowed to wait in the foyer space, (suitably distanced) then through to a nurse, push sleeve up , prick, and out a side entrance which happened to be where I had parked! They were so nice unlike Grandmatties experience - and they had a very slick system, I wish they were as efficient normally!
So with time on my hands I ventured into town to our local John Lewis (my erstwhile spiritual home but haven’t been there since probably February!) I had a pleasant browse, made a couple of purchases and then enjoyed a coffee and a cheese scone in their “Place to Eat”
What a treat - Mick I can see why you do it smile
So I wish you all a peaceful day and if Gillybob or Bluesapphire are looking in - haste ye back!

Urmstongran Sun 25-Oct-20 09:42:55

Sun’s up here! ?
A late good morning from me in Malaga ? where I’ve just looked at the weather forecast for the week ahead and we have a row of big fat sunshines and 24°C. Perfick!

Himself has the Grand Prix to watch after lunch on his iPad then it’s beers and a burger with his friend to watch the Rangers game. He definitely is living his best life!

I have no plans. Choices ... lucky me indeed. I’ll have an empty as Marydoll says.
?

Great book box Scentia you are very clever.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. One of our Covid warriors is struggling a bit, still washed out. I hope it’s not going to be long Covid. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Feelingmyage55 Sun 25-Oct-20 09:47:58

Good morning from a glowing north of Scotland. The beech trees in particular are beautiful. I’ve had my breakfast outside in the sun in spite of the chill. Virtual church service then out for a drive, walk and flask in the car. I am not keen to go into a cafe as there are so many people around from all over the UK and even the continent (car number plates and stickers give it away). gilly if you are reading, and I hope you are, pop in from time to time please. Elizabeth I’d skip lunch out today because it will be busy and go tomorrow or Tuesday as it will be quieter and therefore safer, but that is just me. I might make tablet tonight as it will be dark early. Then of course I’ll have to eat some, but will give the rest away. Have the best day you can folks even if it is a tv or radio programme yo enjoy to distract you.

Oopsadaisy4 Sun 25-Oct-20 09:50:40

Good Morning Mick and everybody from a bright sunny (but wet and muddy from yesterday) Oxfordshire.
DD2 is here for lunch today, her dog stayed over last night and bounced onto the bed at 2am and woke me up, bounced off at 6, as it was really 7am I got up, prepped the lunch so am just catching up on emails etc. Dog is now fast asleep!
At least the evenings will be lighter for a few days

EllanVannin Sun 25-Oct-20 09:52:57

Good Morning All x
Getting darker as I type. A miserable wet day so I won't be moving.
Cats have been fed, including the old stray Tom who looked snug in his house outside ( kennel ) I gave him extra in the shape of a bit of left-over cheesy mash from yesterday to which he licked his lips at, including 2 pouches of Felix. Like me, he loves his grub grin keeps him going.

That cat must really be getting on because I've been here nearly 16 years and he was old when he first appeared. He's quite happy staying outdoors in his own space.

I didn't really notice the hour change, my body clock seemed prepared somehow so things were as normal. I'm a strange one and used to tell mum I wasn't born, I was invented grin

Thankyou for your thoughts Susan, may I return the same to your DD x. I've been busy making notes but it's been so awkward with our tier 3 here for any proper communication other than the phone, frustrating too.

D's visits have been less and less since she started back at work because she's mixing with a variety of people at work it can no longer be a " bubble " as far as I'm concerned. Good job I'm used to being/living alone. As I've said before, I can shut off to an extent and not dwell on things too much.

Saying that and reading the latest news, there have been more deaths in this area. To be honest, I feel safe where I am as there hasn't been a soul about. Probably because there are quite a few elderly and no wild parties or gatherings grin and people in general have adhered to the rules.

As mentioned yesterday, 2 large lamb chops for dinner today with cauli and roast pots, so that'll fill a hole. Apart from that I'll leave the tidying up until tomorrow.

Sad to learn that our Gilly and BlueSapphire may have called it a day---for now. Perhaps next year ? Never say never. Like a lot of us, can't wait to see the back of this year.

Hope everyone has a decent day, so stay safe and warm whatever you're up to. Take care All xx

Roses Sun 25-Oct-20 09:54:13

Good morning everyone ,it's showery here on north wales /English border I just wanted to thank GRANDMAFRENCHfor the YouTube dance
I have just rung my ten year old granddaughter who is in her seventh day of isolation and she was delighted to have something new to do ?

Beauregard Sun 25-Oct-20 10:01:11

Good morning from Derbyshire. A nice bright day today.

I've sorted out the remainder of the tomatoes which have been ripening in paper bags on the worktop. There are many that are now ripe but need using up soon, so it's roasted tomato and red onion soup for lunch. Two loads of washing to peg out next. A walk to the vegetable garden is planned this afternoon. Then gammon for dinner later.

Our Covid warriors are coping well. Still only SIL has it, so hopefully the others will get away with it. Urmstongran the thought of long covid is a worry. I hope all of yours are fully over it soon.

Wishing a good day to all.

Taichinan Sun 25-Oct-20 10:04:32

Thank you for that Grandmafrench! Loved that video and can just imagine you doing it as well! I'd be more like the grandma who came in at the end! It's certainly put a smile on my face and a spring in my step, just watching it ????

Feelingmyage55 Sun 25-Oct-20 10:17:25

Grandmafrench. We need a video of you dancing. I’m at the back. My knees don’t do the front line!

Annapops Sun 25-Oct-20 10:19:59

Good morning all from a much brighter County Durham.
What an impatient "silly" I've been this morning. In my rush to book GC into a museum where a scarecrow exhibition is going to be held, I've ended up buying twice as many tickets. Slow internet due to the rain ( yes, it affects us that way) and a confusing booking system didn't help!
My Autumn tree is now complete, and my wreath. Keeps me happy until Christmas, although my scarecrow witch hasn't made it's way into the garden yet. A job for today perhaps.
Love the book box Scentia. I am absolutely useless with carpentry.
Wishing you all the best day possible.

Beechnut Sun 25-Oct-20 10:21:57

Ginster asGrannygravy said, The Indian Doctor is on iPlayer. That’s where I am watching it from.

CaroleAnne Sun 25-Oct-20 10:37:28

Good morning all from a very pleasantly surprising bright Warminster after all the rain yestarday.
BEECHNUT. I watched every one of the episodes of the Indian Dr and agree with you re the smallpox outbreak and the social distancing etc. A very interesting parallel.
Today we are having Venison shanks cooked in red wine done in the slow cooker for lunch. The aroma coming from the kitchen is delicious.
Have the best day possible everybody. Hope that those with worries or illness will feel better soon.flowers

Oopsadaisy4 Sun 25-Oct-20 10:47:24

Oops, mornings will be lighter,sadly not the evenings.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 25-Oct-20 10:57:59

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate. This morning I have cleared the floor of the front room after two GC scattered my scarves, cushions and table mats all over the floor!! Those scarves, my GD loves to play with, last Xmas she decorated the house with them!
I've also done a bit of ironing! One clock remains at yesterday's time so i can relate to the day.
That was brilliant Scentia, I used to do such things, but bending is not so easy these days.
Welcome Greenmeadow, you will enjoy our rants!
Dwmxwg used to live in Wokingham 50 years ago, Virginia Water was a lovely place to go then for the day.
Keep Well everyone, miss Gilly - come back.

Kalu Sun 25-Oct-20 11:00:35

Good morning all from Glasgow. We now have sunshine and a chilly wind.

I had such a broken sleep last night and the weirdest of dreams hence the late start so a double espresso was required to give me a kick start.

I haven’t been near John Lewis since a few of us had our Glasgow meet-up in January Maw. I’m pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your outing. Any type of outing just now is just the thing to lift our spirits.

DD1 has decided to rejig her kitchen to incorporate the room next to it into an open plan affair. As she has asked for our input on ideas, the three of us will be busy with a new project.
GDs are also busy drawing floor,plans. ?

Hope everyone has a good day and best wishes to our friends having troubling times.

Roxie62 Sun 25-Oct-20 11:41:13

Good morning from Essex. I have taken the dog out and cleaned the house. I am making mince with suet crust for dinner. Its one of DH’s fav dinners.

LauraNorder Sun 25-Oct-20 11:42:31

Good morning Mick and all from dry, calm Anglesey after a night of wind, wind and more wind. The scaffold has rattled all night long and the plastic has flapped, a bit like trying to sleep inside a crisp packet.
That’s my excuse for having woken at 11 am.
Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday. Hope it’s not long Covid Urms.
Keep on with your amazing progress Elizabeth. You’re inspirational.
Welcome Greenmeadow.