Gransnet forums

Chat

R.I.P. GreatNan

(53 Posts)
Rufus2 Sun 25-Oct-20 10:26:37

This week marks the 7th anniversary of GreatNan’s death. The exact date is not known because it occurred whilst she was out walking near her home in the French Alps. She was missing for 8 days, probably as a result of a fall, although I haven’t found any information in that regard, but there are over 400 messages at that time showing how well regarded she had been.

GreatNan enjoyed walking alone in remote mountain passes to enjoy the scenery, but knew the risks, having previously had a nasty fall.
I’ve enjoyed her legacy of jokes left with Gransnet, many of which she freely admitted to plagiarising from the’Net, but other ‘Netters also contributed. some of whom are still with us.
GreatNan appears to have been a remarkable woman and I would have loved to “meet” her, not only for her jokes but also other products of her lively mind.
Anyway, by way of thanks on this anniversary I propose to reproduce a joke-a-day during this week; some that I particularly enjoyed!
Good Health

Jane10 Sat 31-Oct-20 22:10:02

I liked the false teeth sharing joke. smile

Rufus2 Sun 01-Nov-20 07:30:49

Less sure about some of the ageist/ false teeth-sharing type though
Maw Nice to see you back on form after your spell in the doss house.! hmm
I've just finished updating your memory elsewhere and now I find it wanting again!
The purpose of this thread was to recall and enjoy some of GreatNan's jokes on the 7th anniversary of her death.
All the jokes, including the ones you're "not sure" about, are hers!
No!; I never met her. I'm a "Newbie"! All I know about her has been gleaned from messages she and others have posted and I've never doubted her intellect.
Please do not worry yourself; the week of jokes in her memory ends today, so you can all settle down again. sad
Good Health
OoRoo