Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Nov-20 06:14:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark windy and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Today , laundry plus some tidy up as there is no cycling on TV today , talking of TV Freeview are changing channels with some of them like Yesterday a retune required .
Take Care,
Mick

harrigran Mon 02-Nov-20 09:31:44

Late good morning from a now dry NE.
Rang my friend for a chat last night, she thought something terrible had happened because I never normally ring her.
Had to admit I felt guilty because she usually checks on me.
Pleased I didn't read GN last night.
Take care of yourselves.

GrannySomerset Mon 02-Nov-20 09:28:57

Waiting for man to put up two new curtain poles and hang new curtains. So long since I ordered them I hope I still like what I chose!

Glad to know that Marydoll has bounced back. I usually avoid anything started by a certain poster because I know it will degenerate into a demonstration of arrested development, but I did go back and read the thread before it was quite properly removed. What a very sad life.

Wet and windy here and I have just glanced up to see a rainbow. Let’s hope it signifies a good day for the Good Morning gang.

Georgesgran Mon 02-Nov-20 09:23:08

Good morning from Durham. After a night of heavy rain, we’ve what looks like a bright breezy day ahead. Lots of plans pre-lockdown, thwarted by having DD2s dogs here. (Puppy not entirely house-trained). DH hasblood year at GP later, then he can watch dogs whilst I blitz around Sainsbury’s.
Kept clear of that thread last night - must say that poster always had a smell of rodent to me. Marydoll was 100% right and properly supported by others and let’s put it in the appropriate receptacle.

Hope everyone has the best day today. X

Luckygirl Mon 02-Nov-20 09:21:56

dragonfly46 - good luck with your treatment today.

Blue sky here, I whisper - don't want to frighten it away.

Nannytopsy Mon 02-Nov-20 09:21:47

GNHQ have woken up - that thread has gone ?

GrannyOwl5 Mon 02-Nov-20 09:18:22

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is very windy with grey scudding clouds. DH has gone off for a pre-lockdown game of golf so I have an empty; commiserations Marydoll. Hope you start to recover from yesterday’s upset; there’s certainly something very odd so best ignored or regarded with a certain degree of pity from a distance.
Spent yesterday afternoon cutting back a potato vine off one of the fences as it had become very big and was being buffeted by the wind threatening to bring down the fence. DH was at the top of the ladder hacking away whilst I was chopping up bits of branches in between instructing DH not to fall off. Not a recipe for domestic bliss, but harmony was restored with a cup of tea and a re-secured fence!
Some painting this morning whilst I have an empty (sorry, Marydoll).
Best wishes for speedy recoveries to all Covid warriors and to Dragonfly; hope you feel better soon Marydoll. Have a good Monday. Stay safe

BlueSapphire Mon 02-Nov-20 09:13:14

Good morning all from a blustery and showery Northampton. Just had my breakfast of toast and marmalade and a handful of dried apricots. Now sitting with a nice cup of tea.

I must have missed the upsetting thread yesterday, as I didn't look at my kindle after lunchtime. Hope Marydoll is ok.

Had a lovely weekend at DD's; did nothing much on Saturday apart from watching the three rugby matches, but I did manage to finish my latest Agatha Christie. A nice Indian takeaway on Saturday evening during the England match. Afraid I let DD and her husband walk the dogs, as the weather was not good!

Some sad news at the weekend, A text from one of DS's friends to say that her father had passed away. His late wife had also been a teaching colleague of mine, and we were also in the same wine-tasting group. Had known the family for nearly 50 years. So two condolence cards to write: one from us as a family, and the other on behalf of the wine club. Sadly will not be able to attend the funeral in the present Covid circumstances, but will be thinking of them, and will raise a glass in their memory.

Not much else to do today: a walk to the postbox, a bit of tidying up, catch up on the weekend newspapers, and read more of my book for book club.

Hope all goes well today.

Justwidowed Mon 02-Nov-20 09:08:35

Good morning everyone from a very wet Lancashire. I don't post much but always read the Good Morning thread so feel like I know a lot of GN'S already ,and always look forward to reading posts from Marydoll ,*Phoenix*and all the regular posters with such interesting lives.I'm starting a new year today as last Saturday was my husband's first anniversary and yesterday he would have been 80.We'd talk about an 80th party for a few years but wouldn't have been able to have one even if he had of lived. I'm feeling a lot brighter today even though I have a friends funeral tomorrow and happily being witness at a Civil Ceremony on Wednesday .
Normally I read the good morning thread while in bed and by the time I've finished it it always seems too late but I will try harder.

Gelisajams Mon 02-Nov-20 09:06:55

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where we are waiting for the rain to stop before going out for a walk. Our canal towpath is closed for maintenance from today until March. We need to plan a different route.
Sad to read some threads have been getting out of hand again withMarydoll in the midst. ?Have a restful day today.
No update yet from DS1 so just praying he doesn’t get the complications.
Take care everyone and stay safe and positive ?

mamaa Mon 02-Nov-20 09:03:52

Morning all, don’t often post on this thread as I’m a #lazygran ( borrowed your hashtag Urms hope that’s ok), and don’t have much to say of a morning. However, just wanted to add my ‘tuppensworth’ regarding relief that Marydoll has posted this morning. I saw the thread last night but shall not comment here about it- not the place.
Sending flowers and best wishes for those who need a boost today. smile

Anniebach Mon 02-Nov-20 09:00:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Jaxjacky Mon 02-Nov-20 08:40:33

GrannyGravy13 found the thread, I avoid posts by certain people, that’s why I hadn’t been aware.

ginny Mon 02-Nov-20 08:38:16

Good Morning. A little bit of sun peeping through and not particularly cold but still breezy in N. Bucks.
DD2 didn’t come after all yesterday as a friend she had seen a few days ago was having to take a COVID test. DD is fine but was worried as her 88 year old Grandmother was here too.
DD1 turned up unexpectedly as she said it was probably the last time she could see us in person for a while.
Nothing much planned for today but will try to get out in the fresh air for a while.
Still worrying so much about DD3 and wish I could do something to help.
Sorry to hear there has been some nastiness going on .
Hope everyone finds some ?today even if you have to search for it.

EllanVannin Mon 02-Nov-20 08:37:18

Good Morning All x.
I'm not complaining but it's so mild ! I have the patio door open, seems so odd to feel this warm in November. It's a bright start but I think rain won't be far away.
A gale whipped up as soon as I'd got into bed last night, so sudden with strong gusts that were knocking things down. Relatively still now but strange while it lasted.

I was thinking of Marydoll last night and hoping upon hope that she was okay. You can't take this sort of thing when you're already ill, bad enough when you're not. Normal service will resume now .

Hope all goes well for Dragonfly's treatment today x

Urmston, it can take ages to feel anything like human after that virus but given time your DD will be fine. Rest is the cure.

Mick I noticed the channels were going to change here too but have forgotten when the notification said it would be, so I'll keep my eye out for it.

Gosh I enjoyed the braised beef yesterday, I could have polished the lot off but there's more than enough for today and I didn't want to overload myself.

Some washing to do but I won't risk hanging it out so it'll have to go on the maiden. It won't matter that it'll look like a Chinese laundry as nobody will be calling smile

I could do with running the hoover around while the cats are out, but I need the crumpets first so I'll put a spurt on.

I do hope everyone is well and not feeling the effects of our odd lives too much, although thoughts to those with worries and struggles---our dear Gilly x
Stay safe and take care everyone xx

Gingster Mon 02-Nov-20 08:33:35

Good morning all from sunny Suffolk . Hoorah! ?. Dont think it will last but I’m making the most of it right now. So warm in the night , I kept waking up because it was airless. I usually have my windows open but it was so windy, the blinds were thrashing around.

Did I tell you my whirligig snapped In half and my sheets were half way to Southwold along the coast. ??. This is the second whirligig that’s snapped this year. Shows how strong that wind is and how weak the metal is. .

Sorry to hear about nasty comments on another thread Marydoll. Best just to ignore people who make mischief. Don’t add fuel to the fire. They’re probably sitting at home, chuckling. Take care and put it out of your mind. ?

Good luck today dragonfly. ?

Beechnut - Brussels sprout sauce ?. !!!! Do let us know !

Sar hope you can get your car repaired ?.

greenmeadow I hope your ribs heal quickly. That’s so painful. Take it easy. ?.

Scentia so sad your trips are cancelled. ?. My calendar is full of cancellations and crossings out. Let’s hope we can get Xmas over and start the new year afresh. ?

Take care and be kind. ?

Kalu Mon 02-Nov-20 08:27:53

Good morning all from a very miserable Glasgow which compliments my mood this morning.

Upon seeing how Marydoll was treated on last night’s thread I’m afraid anger got the better of me and I could not ignore or bite my tongue any longer and took matters into my own hands as GNHQ were nowhere to be seen.
Take care Marydoll. ?

I don’t know if GN is for me anymore.

Mapleleaf Mon 02-Nov-20 08:17:05

Good morning from a bright, breezy South Yorkshire. It has been very wet through the night, but for now the rain has stopped.

I'm sorry to read that someone has upset you Marydoll. I think these unsettled times are having different effects on different people. I don't know the thread in question, but glad to see that you are alright today. ?

Urmstongran, I do hope that your daughter will soon be back to feeling her normal self, but she is wise to take extra time off to fully recover.

Not sure what my plans for today will be, but ironing will fit into the equation at some point. ?

Take care everyone.

MawB2 Mon 02-Nov-20 08:16:07

Good morning all from wild and windy N Bucks.
Very relieved to see Marydoll posting after a day on GN when not only the weather seemed tempestuous,
No further comment , but to those who were maligned, insulted or hurt, I hope today brings some comfort .
D and Flynn didn’t get here yesterday as everything seemed to be running late for them so I believe she is driving up this morning - but I wish it wasn’t so very windy. Of course I want to see them but I am a 100% worry wart!
Wishing you all a pleasant day and for those who can , some precious granny hours before we lock down again.

Greyduster Mon 02-Nov-20 08:15:22

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Damp and dreary in South Yorkshire but at least the wind has dropped. We managed to finish off the bulb planting yesterday before the rain came in. Bedroom cleaning for me today and then a grapple with Windows 10! I expect it will be another case of Windows 10 - 1; Greyduster -0! Have the best day you can folks.

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 02-Nov-20 08:13:20

Good morning from a very blustery N Hants. I’m so pleased to see your post Marydoll, just take it easy and look after yourself. I’m sure I’m not the only one who understands why you got involved yesterday, so don’t beat yourself up about it.

Gratefully I got a text bringing forward my haircut from Thursday to this morning, phew! Then an afternoon walk with a friend, if we can stay upright.

Good wishes winging their way to all who need them, especially of course Dragonfly.

NannyJan53 Mon 02-Nov-20 08:10:04

Good Morning from a cloudy but dry (for now) Black Country.

Walking for Health walk this morning. It is going to be the last one for a while I think, probably till the New Year at least.

Making chicken soup with the leftover chicken. The Walnut & Apricot stuffing I made was lovely, as was the Marzipan Loaf cake. Then I made an Apple and Blackberry crumble. I seemed to spend most of yesterday in the Kitchen!

I hope you are ok Marydoll, I read some of that post and it does seem odd. I resisted the temptation to post something

Pleased your DD is slowly improving Urmston it has been a worry for you these last few weeks. My partners daughter was tested positive a few days ago. Up to now she says she feels like it is a mild cold, but she has lost her sense of taste.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

Millie22 Mon 02-Nov-20 08:05:18

Hello everyone from leafy Leicestershire.

For Marydoll ???

I'm still sure that thread will soon be deleted.

NanKate Mon 02-Nov-20 07:55:06

Morning Mick and All.

Mostly grey with a tiny sliver of blue sky in South Bucks.

Thanks for the info Mick about Freeview.

Really sorry to hear Mary that there has been unkindness towards you somewhere on GN. You are one of our most popular posters and you deserve only the best. Hugs from me. ?

Changed my hair appointment to today because of the Lockdown.

Urmstongran Mon 02-Nov-20 07:50:33

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s a beautiful start to the day again. ?

No plans. No sport for Himself to get immersed into today so I think a stroll along the paseo after a late breakfast down in Juan’s would be lovely.

That was some weird thread last night.
?

I hope your appointment goes well dragonfly it’s good to know you’re getting this ‘belt and braces’ treatment.

Our daughter, a Covid warrior, is getting a sick note from her GP today. Week 5 and although she’s making progress (thankfully) it’s slow and she definitely needs longer to get herself right.

Hope Monday is kind to us all. Marydoll I do hope you’re okay this morning. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Nannytopsy Mon 02-Nov-20 07:50:33

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s still blowy here in Suffolk but there is enough blue sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers. It looks like a better week. DD & SiL are dropping in today to stay for a night. They are on a shortened visit to Norfolk in the camper. It was the last before winter comes.
We are making raan for dinner ( a marinated, curried leg of lamb) but a Tesco click and collect gave me a smaller piece of lamb than requested so there are other dishes to be made too. Never mind, there will be leftovers for tomorrow. ?
Good luck Dragonfly and best wishes Marydoll. I read it but bit my tongue. I wonder what today will bring?
Hope the day is kind to everyone.