Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Nov-20 06:14:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark windy and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Today , laundry plus some tidy up as there is no cycling on TV today , talking of TV Freeview are changing channels with some of them like Yesterday a retune required .
Take Care,
Mick

Luckygirl Tue 03-Nov-20 09:52:06

Some blue sky here on the Welsh border - and the sunshine is making the wood behind my home even more spectacular. Wind has died down a bit and hopefully this means the colour show of the leaves will stay a bit longer.

Today I am joining a stitching group via zoom, then lunching with 2 DDs while my specs have new lenses installed. I am groping about in my spares this morning. This evening an online choir rehearsal if I can find the energy.

Have a lovely day everyone.

farview Mon 02-Nov-20 21:22:57

Brilliant decision Phoenix ?

Jaxjacky Mon 02-Nov-20 19:51:38

phoenix good to see you back.

phoenix Mon 02-Nov-20 19:37:33

Thank you Squiffy and Oopsadaisy4

Strange times indeed, and Denmark is a euphemism, as I'm sure you realised!

Squiffy Mon 02-Nov-20 17:01:51

Good to see you phoenix! Strange times! ?

Oopsadaisy4 Mon 02-Nov-20 16:05:03

Welcome back phoenix let’s hope the cobwebs have been blown away!

Actually in my case this morning it was the drains! What a pong , had to bung some drain stuff down it, all good now though.

phoenix Mon 02-Nov-20 16:03:06

Thank you Roses

Intended to stay off site for longer.

Roses Mon 02-Nov-20 15:42:37

Good afternoon Phoenix glad you're still posting

Definitely not the drains

phoenix Mon 02-Nov-20 14:10:57

Breezy but sunny here in North Devon. However, to quote the Bard, "There is something rotten in the state of Denmark" and I don't think it's the drains.

Auntieflo Mon 02-Nov-20 14:00:02

Oh gosh, again a late Good Morning/ afternoon to Mick, Annie and all.
Just popped in between some DIY jobs, to see how everyone is today. So glad to see that Marydoll is OK, even though I missed what all the unpleasant thread was about.

It is now raining here, just as I've had an email to say that my John Lewis order is ready to collect. Still, we will pop out and take the bottles to the bottle bank in their car park, so two birds, one stone.

I will come back and catch up on all the threads later.

Have a good day one and all.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 02-Nov-20 12:02:43

Good morning all from Harrogate - at the moment sunny and windy (but not for long). Have just been talking to my school friend from Ayr. She is feeling a bit down since she can't see her daughter in Glasgow or her Son who lives in Wiltshire!! I feel for her.
Glad you are feeling better this morning, Marydoll

Nothing planned for the rest of the day, though am hoping DD2 will call in on the way back from the hospital after GS has had a few appointments today.

Stay safe and be as happy as you can everyone.

Blossoming Mon 02-Nov-20 12:00:49

Good morning all, hope everyone has a peaceful day .

cornergran Mon 02-Nov-20 11:50:56

Popped back to check on marydoll. Sounds as if a rest and some pampering is needed today. Just back from a windy and at times very wet walk with the young lodger. Taking him home after lunch. So pleased to have had this time before Thursday. Look after yourselves everyone.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 02-Nov-20 11:42:15

Good morning from an overcast north of Scotland. I just could not sleep last last and ended up having tea and shortbread at 5 in the morning. Well it must have been time for eleven sessions somewhere in the world. I’ve got teethmarks from biting my tongue last night. Note to self - don’t read GN after 10 pm and get so upset by and for posters. ? to Marydoll. Actually, there would be something amiss to not be upset. No wonder I couldn’t sleep.

I’m knitting a garment for A Christmas gift, by request. It’s a good thing I love my AC so much as it is a demanding pattern.
I was trying to watch “Twelve” on BBC catchup at the same time. What an interesting drama. Don’t be put off by the subtitles. It get better with every part. The knitting ground to a halt as I had to concentrate. Having sat on a jury for a difficult but not violent case I am finding it especially gripping.

FannyCornforth Mon 02-Nov-20 11:00:00

There is a different deletion message now btw.
(Sorry to derail.)

FannyCornforth Mon 02-Nov-20 10:52:22

Oh! blush Silly me!
I thought that it was a by-product of golf (so I suppose that I was right!)

Parsley3 Mon 02-Nov-20 10:49:29

FC an empty house!

FannyCornforth Mon 02-Nov-20 10:47:07

mamaa I imagine that they will contact the posters on the thread.
It certainly won't be reinstated.
I would be incredibly surprised if the op doesn't get there sandwiches handed to them in a road map.
I should think that that thread sets quite a precedent.

FannyCornforth Mon 02-Nov-20 10:44:18

Marydoll and GrannyOwl
Please, please tell me!
What is an 'empty'?
Mary piqued my interest, but I can't let another reference go by me!
Thank you in advance smile

mamaa Mon 02-Nov-20 10:20:35

Just went back to it and it’s gone with this message, in red, in its place:

‘discussion deleted

Message from GNHQ: We're taking this thread down while we moderate it.’

After moderation what happens then? Genuine question, does anyone know?

Pittcity Mon 02-Nov-20 10:19:36

Good morning from Colchester where it is warm and windy with an ominous dark sky but bright underneath.
I've been ordering Christmas presents online prompted by DD who works for Royal Mail and thinks that this year will be horrendously busy for delivery companies so it's best to get in early. I have only ordered for the little ones as the adults will be fine.
A trip to Lidl after I've made a list and then admin and Housework.

Roses Mon 02-Nov-20 10:14:50

Good morning it's a beautiful day here on the English/Welsh border
I don't normally post on here but read the posts every morning
I read that dreadful thread last night and was so mad that I couldn't get to sleep until four o'clock this morning
MARYDOLL you have no reason to feel embarrassed at all
If I had posted what I wanted to last night I would have been banned for life
Hope you have a tranquil day today ?

GrandmasueUK Mon 02-Nov-20 10:10:34

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a dry Greater Manchester. I've not yet opened the curtains so I'm not quite sure what the weather is like.
So pleased Marydoll is feeling better today after that unpleasant thread last night. Take it easy today and be kind to yourself. flowerssunshine
I've got cards to make today as yesterday was a tidying day. All of a sudden my living room seemed so cluttered and I realised the clutter was mine! I don't know how I manage it.
Hope everyone with ills or worries has as peaceful a day as possible. Stay safe. flowers

Parsley3 Mon 02-Nov-20 09:59:53

Good morning everyone. It is dry here in Forth Valley at the moment but Mr P can’t golf due the course being flooded after the weekend weather.
Sending good wishes and support to everyone who is shielding. I am hoping that we can keep the tier system here as numbers in my area are slowly falling but who knows. If people can’t keep to the rules then we are aw doomed.

aggie Mon 02-Nov-20 09:36:30

Good Morning all, bright dry and not too breezy here in Co Armagh
I am glad to see the back of that daft and disturbing thread , hope everyone is ok now
I am off grocery shopping to Lidl , I didn’t go last week but feeling braver today
Good wishes to all missing and poorly peoples xxx