Gransnet forums

Chat

Round 2, day 1 - what are your plans?

(105 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 05-Nov-20 08:34:15

It's very foggy out there - The Thames is all 'Sherlock Holmes' and spooky looking!

In the spirit of adventure I'm heading out - when I return will be having a cookathon with all my Ocado goodies. Exciting life smile

Lucca Thu 05-Nov-20 08:40:34

Can I add ...what are your plans if you don’t have a garden ? Or do craft?

I shall walk twice today at least.
Do a couple of crosswords and a couple of facetimes
Read
Tidy up a bit
Maybe some online bridge
Try to wait until 6 to put the tv on

GrannyGravy13 Thu 05-Nov-20 08:44:50

We are still allowed to look after GC (essential childcare) so DH is walking the 5yr old to school, later we will put 10 month old in pram and go for a long walk.

tanith Thu 05-Nov-20 08:44:58

I’m going food shopping then a walk across the golf course with my daughter now there are no golfers.

Lucca Thu 05-Nov-20 08:49:29

And how daft is that ! You and your daughter can walk across the golf course but not if you were playing golf !! Enjoy it though.

Iam64 Thu 05-Nov-20 08:51:22

It's a bright, cold morning here and hallelujah it isn't raining. Our plan is to drive two miles to a place we don't often walk. It's a real local beauty spot with much historical interest so a joy.

Sar53 Thu 05-Nov-20 08:58:38

A walk along the sea wall watching out for the ships that go up and down the estuary. Very calming and quiet with a nod or a good morning to anyone we pass.

Aldom Thu 05-Nov-20 09:03:42

A walk with a friend to a village a couple of miles away, but without the usual coffee stop at the pub. It's a beautiful morning too.

TwiceAsNice Thu 05-Nov-20 09:31:38

It’s very foggy here but it’s not raining! I may go for a walk later but I have a pile of ironing to do and sometime today have to prep and cook a beef casserole for us all to have for tea ( am in a support bubble with daughter as family) so will be quite busy.

Other activities on a rota other days are reading, knitting, crosswords, and tele . I do clean and tidy every day, whatever needs doing and I am wrapping Christmas presents as I buy them , it’s easier to see what you have

BBbevan Thu 05-Nov-20 09:32:58

We are round 2 day 8 ( I think). as we are in Wales. Very quiet here. Much less traffic, but lots of local walkers along the coast path. We come out of lockdown on Monday. That should be interesting.
Just finished the ironing so a cup of coffee with DH and then we may go for a walk.

Bellanonna Thu 05-Nov-20 09:35:26

A foggy walk, I think. Then a delivery to wipe down and put away. A zoom talk at 3.

Shropshirelass Thu 05-Nov-20 09:39:46

Beautiful morning here in Shropshire. The first lockdown was hectic for me!!!! I had an elderly relative to look after plus a husband who was shielding. Sadly my uncle passed away during lockdown so I had all that to sort out plus his house to clear. I am looking forward to having a bit of me time if I can, maybe pick up my crafting and enjoying my beautiful home.

glammanana Thu 05-Nov-20 09:50:37

Take my little dog for a walk in our local park then back home to gather all the leaves up in my garden,I seem to have loads more leaves than my neighbours for some reason ?

downtoearth Thu 05-Nov-20 09:50:55

Walking is out have sciatica again on right side and a bunion flare up on left my gait is a very unbecoming crab like movement.

All social activities stopped in No1 lockdown and never resumed, family are not nearby.

Looking for new walls to climb today,
And any screams will have to be silent as E my resident GD is sleeping as she is a night care worker,and we live in a tiny flat,TV and radio ddisturb her as do washing machine, tumble dryer.

I have enough books,crosswords etc am self reliant,and happy with my own company.....but today could quite happily just scream with frustration and boredom and run amok.

JenniferEccles Thu 05-Nov-20 09:51:20

I’m sure it won’t be as bad this time as there aren’t as many restrictions.
Unlimited exercise outside is permitted, including a run out in the car to a park or seafront.
There is no danger this time of police drones spying on folk walking their dogs on deserted moors.

Garden centres are open and someone on another thread said NT gardens are open (presumably we’d have to pre book).

We can continue with childcare and meet one person outside.

It’s frustrating about the shops being closed especially at this time of year, but online shopping will be a huge help.

It will soon pass !

Davida1968 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:01:04

Am I the only GN who's still in my jim-jams? Thinking about having a shower....

silverlining48 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:01:20

It’s foggy here.
I write from my comfy bed ?.
Deciding if I get up now or later.

Sardinia2020 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:01:28

Grocery shopping for my 92 year old father and taking the cat to the vets

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:02:08

I'm going into town on the bus to get new pipes for my hearing aids, something which I should and would have had done earlier if only the clinic had been open. As it was, I had to hang on the phone yesterday for almost ten minutes before a human being answered - I nearly gave up. I know that many waits are a good deal longer. I was glad to get an appointment today. I'll have a short foray round town fully masked though I very much doubt it will be worth the effort. Pessimistic?

Sarahmob Thu 05-Nov-20 10:05:18

I’ve cleaned my oven (the worst job in the world for me!) and I’m going to walk to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription before having a quiet afternoon with a book. The school I work in has a fortnight at half term so I’m still off but once we go back next week life will pretty much carry on as it has since September, essential childcare Mon, Tues, work on Weds, Thurs, Fri. I’ll just miss lunch with my friend on Fridays.

Coconut Thu 05-Nov-20 10:05:55

It’s cold in Sussex but the sun is shining brightly, looks lovely over the fields here. I’ve just made a fruit loaf for a friend going thro chemo. I’m then going on a 2 hour Zoom chat with 2 old school friends, and we do a quiz to get the grey matter working. PM I’ll have a brisk walk over the fields.

Damdee Thu 05-Nov-20 10:06:44

I am staying in today. It's misty here. I am now having 'elevenses' at 10am having cleared up inside, and cleared a gutter and swept leaves outside.

SpecialK57 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:07:58

Looking after my grandson in our childcare bubble while his mum is teaching at a local infant school. Will pick his brother and sister up later when they finish school.

Mimi1956 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:12:09

Still in jimjams, but going to get dressed in thermals and tidy the garden. Then make some marmalade and a banana loaf. What is lockdown without banana bread?

farview Thu 05-Nov-20 10:17:23

Have had an hour on the phone to son and family down under...that was lovely, daughter in Dubai messaged me that a surprise is arriving later for me..driving me nuts wondering what it is haha
Have got soup cooking lots of washing hung out...and a nice walk planned for later...hopefully more gardening also if I have time....keep safe and carry on everyone ?