Gransnet forums

Chat

Round 2, day 1 - what are your plans?

(106 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 05-Nov-20 08:34:15

It's very foggy out there - The Thames is all 'Sherlock Holmes' and spooky looking!

In the spirit of adventure I'm heading out - when I return will be having a cookathon with all my Ocado goodies. Exciting life smile

GreyKnitter Thu 05-Nov-20 10:19:10

The sun is shining here in beautiful Hampshire. We have a Tesco delivery late morning and a bit of time in the garden is planned to tidy up for the winter. I’ll probably fit in a walk too - oh and post a few messages on Gransnet!

Soniah Thu 05-Nov-20 10:21:05

Making Christmas Puddings even if we won't eat the biggest until we can meet with family (summer?), Long walk, read book group book, send some emails, decide where to take my walk and talk group next week when Wales is out of lockdown, cook dinner, 'go' to Miss(ing) Julie, a free online event at theatre Clwyd. If you are on Facebook join WI Wanderers, they have lots of events every day including exercise, talks, workshops, links to book festivals etc mostly free

suziewoozie Thu 05-Nov-20 10:24:32

Lucca

And how daft is that ! You and your daughter can walk across the golf course but not if you were playing golf !! Enjoy it though.

But that’s great - the golf courses are open for walking to far more people to use than they are in normal times including all golf players

GrammarGrandma Thu 05-Nov-20 10:25:48

I'm going to take it easy! Monday to Wednesday and the days before were frantic, getting things done before lockdown (we are moving house). So today has already started with a soak in the bath and a leisurely breakfast. Most of it will be sedentary by choice. Maybe I'll get some zing back tomorrow but today is definitely for recovery.

Twig14 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:34:01

Going to make some soup. I will then plant Alium bulbs into pots. Been waiting for days for rain to stop so could get out to plant them. This afternoon will plough on clearing n sorting items for charity shop ready for when they reopen. Have a good day everyone

Rosalyn69 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:35:38

I too am in week 2 day 8.
Groundhog Day but irritatingly cheerful.

storey49 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:36:19

Will be doing some knitting later on, have cleaned the house, sheets on the washing line. Got some ironing to do as well as some mending I have been putting off. Trying not to do too much baking, as we eat it! Check that I have everything on my Sainsbury's delivery. I also have my Kindle which is full of books to read. We didn't see anyone on the last lockdown, so will just make a few phone calls. My husband is the one who gets bored! Looks like the decorating is about to begin.

Luckygirl Thu 05-Nov-20 10:39:26

I will go for a walk in the woods; and do a bit of garden tidying, although my heart is not in it as I am hoping to move soon.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:39:33

Glorious crisp day. Waiting for my meat delivery. Then beginning the tulip planting.

Katyj Thu 05-Nov-20 10:40:58

Lovely morning here in Yorkshire. Cleaned the bathrooms early this morning, did a wash and hung them out. Just been outside to sweep the leaves ? up, so many it never looks tidy? Now for a coffee, might have a walk later. Enjoy your day whatever your doing.

Misha14 Thu 05-Nov-20 10:42:49

Walk to the Post Office to send grandkids some lego cards, then lunch, freeze the soup I made previously. Finish tidying the store room, this is more an aspiration than a plan, then carry on with writing "A Gathering of Gargoyles" Will avoid too much news as am on tenterhooks re US election.

Paperbackwriter Thu 05-Nov-20 10:46:45

I've been in the greenhouse and planted up a bulb lasagne of one of Sarah Raven's tulip collections (I swear she could retire on what I buy from her). Next up are my long-procrastinated accounts, to be followed by printing out all the Word writing pages I really need to keep before installing Office 365 in both my Macs. I hate putting in new software - I get all nervy about it, sure it won't work. My old version of Office in my older Mac will no longer work as I had a new hard drive put it in a few weeks ago. Oh the joy of tech...

Noname Thu 05-Nov-20 10:48:58

I’m just about to start making some festive chutney followed by an apple pie. Later I’ll walk into town for fresh fruit and veg. This evening I have a slimming group Zoom meeting ?

Teacheranne Thu 05-Nov-20 10:50:57

Trying to summon up the energy to get out of bed! I cannot walk very far so outside exercise is out of the question as is energetic gardening. I do need to finish putting away some things I'm going to store of my mums - just finishing clearing her house to rent out now she lives in a care home.

Then some online shopping ( grocery order and a birthday present for Mum) before a cozy afternoon crocheting.

Craftycat Thu 05-Nov-20 10:52:03

Yes foggy in Surrey too. The sun is just starting to break through so I will start my daily walks again later.
I was going to Sainsburys but having looked through freezers & fridge I have enough to make dinners for the next couple of days so it can wait a bit longer.
Plenty of cat food which is of course the main concern- well they think it is anyway! We buy in bulk online as it is so much cheaper.

polnan Thu 05-Nov-20 10:52:45

hoping and praying that each day, I will find something to keep going, and the energy to do it if I can think of anything
yes, only 4 weeks,... not a good month for me as for others here.

hugs, prayers, good wishes and all that jazz

Lupin Thu 05-Nov-20 10:54:23

I have a book review to write for book group. Two credits to spend on Audible. Bills to pay online.
Piano to practice - I haven't played much this year because I thought the headphone facility was broken and I didn't want anyone to hear me because it's not very fluent, but I've now found out how to correct that and I can stumble my way around the keys to my hearts content.
I have a Zoom meeting booked with my daughter. A pile of ironing to do. Floors to wash. Exercises from the physio to do. Will I do it all. I bet the ironing will still be there tomorrow.

henetha Thu 05-Nov-20 10:54:41

Bright sunshine in south Devon. Hung lots of washing out.
After GN will go outside and tidy flower pots. I've been a headless chicken this week, running around stocking up with everything. So now I can relax.

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Nov-20 10:55:03

I've just done my Pilates class so enjoying a coffee now. Have a few household jobs to be done, and, as it looks nice, may go out and plant the tulip bulbs.
downtoearth do you have any headphones that you could plug into your radio and tv so that you could listen and watch without disturbing your GD? Just an idea.

maydonoz Thu 05-Nov-20 10:55:52

Enjoying morning coffee having finished my usual chores indoors, kitchen, bedmaking and tidying sittingroom. How exciting!
In the pm with DH will collect our DGD from nursery, next week we'll start to do it regularly as DIL is due togo back to work after maternity leave. Also will be looking after the one year old DGS, just 2 days a week so should be manageable.
Have a good day all, it doesn't feel as restrictive as the first lockdown and we'll all get through it together.

SewnSew Thu 05-Nov-20 10:59:00

I'm going to be giving an art history talk to about 20 people on Zoom this afternoon, so need to re-read my notes and check the PowerPoint presentation to make sure all the pictures are in the right order. I'll swear they re-organise themselves when I am not looking!!

Applegran Thu 05-Nov-20 11:01:33

Bright sunshine here in Somerset and will soon walk - the autumn leaves are wonderful in the light. Am just back from a hospital appointment where I learne I almost certainly haven't got cancer! A good start to the day and am grateful.

BassGrammy Thu 05-Nov-20 11:01:39

I’m going to make my Christmas cake! I’ve had the fruit soaking since the weekend, but with the weather being so nice, we’ve take advantage and had a couple of trips out. I’ll get it in the oven and then we can have a walk whilst it’s baking! It’s another lovely day in Yorkshire!

Gingergirl Thu 05-Nov-20 11:03:39

I’ve made some scones and just about to start some housework, after which I will indulge in a few crafts that I enjoy. I do work from home some days but not today. To be honest, it’s horrible not seeing friends and family(but they aren’t local so don’t see them all the time anyway) , but I won’t notice lockdown that much. We will do local walks, stuff around the home, my groceries are delivered from an online shop...I will be very active every day...and the month will go by. I really don’t get the stocking up thing as all essential shops are open and you’re permitted to travel to them as necessary...maybe it’s just all going over my head...?

WOODMOUSE49 Thu 05-Nov-20 11:04:15

Not daft really Lucca. I'm not a golfer but knowing someone who manages a golf club, the players meet from all around and spend quite a bit of time in the clubhouse.

Another clear day here mid Cornwall but ground still saturated. I'm starting on the third chair of six I am painting but first my usual walk with my dog through our wood. Hopefully a facetime chat with daughter. She's struggling emotional. Not seen her for such a long time as she is 300 miles away.

Farview if you've not found out yet: a ha-ha is a type of sunken fence that was commonly used in landscaped gardens and parks in the eighteenth century. It involved digging a deep, dry ditch, the inner side of which would be built up to the level of the surrounding turf with either a dry-stone or brick wall. Meanwhile, the outer side was designed to slope steeply upwards, before levelling out again into turf. The point of the ha-ha was to give the viewer of the garden the illusion of an unbroken, continuous rolling lawn, whilst providing boundaries for grazing livestock.