Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Fri 20-Nov-20 06:14:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark but dry start here in Brackley this morning .
Today , usual shop later ,and then rest of the day in.
Anyway , Yesterday I watched Bargain Hunt at lunchtime despite being a repeat , did show a off site location where the teams met there experts so to speak , it was filmed on a Friday as the market was on the piazza , if you saw it yesterday ,at the back you you saw a local hotel on the left and a shop on the right , well in between there was an alley ,and just about 30 yards or so is where I live .
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Fri 20-Nov-20 06:19:47

Good morning from a dry, icy E Kent.
Must have been fun seeing your market again, Mick.
Not very good day yesterday but getting there.
Engineer came for the heating with a new motherboard for the boiler. Turns out it wasn’t that. Not the thermostat, not the clock, not the compressor (that’s new), not the motherboard but something else again. He’s coming with the new part today or tomorrow. To be fair to the plumbers, they seem to favour the old and frail for repairs. They come the same day or the next.
Today I’m giving blood. I shall reach the same number if donations as my age... Ready meal tonight as it always makes me pretty tired afterwards.
Have a good day, stay safe. ❤️

Scentia Fri 20-Nov-20 06:24:28

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels cold today.
I would firstly like to thank all the friends on this lovely Good Morning thread for their kind words when I posted about Sasha.❤️
Mick it must so weired seeing places you know so well on TV!!
Work day today but only until 2, I will then need to do a food shop. I keep missing the click and collect spots, note to self “Must try harder!”
This weekend I will be a lost soul without my dog but I will take my DGS out on Sunday morning as usual.
I really hope that we all have the best day possible and I will, irrespective of my sadness find something to make me smile today?

Beechnut Fri 20-Nov-20 06:25:56

Good Morning all from Severnside where it’s dark and rain expected.
I’m sorry to read about your little pooch Scentia ?

I’m buying the greedyunts for your Mars bake cake today Marydoll. After all the talk of it I can resist no longer ? I think your daughter might be glad of the strict lockdown after her brother finds out what she’s done ? I guess it will only be borrowed ?

Off to do the weekly shop and then free Friday is on the cards.
I hope you all have a better day. There has been so much sorrow here this week ?

Beechnut Fri 20-Nov-20 06:29:33

Scentia, that’s my girl ?

Dwmxwg Fri 20-Nov-20 06:32:42

Good morning Mick and all to come,my husband enjoys all the antique programmes
Apparently the coldest morning of the autumn so far, haven’t peeped out yet, nursing my first cuppa made by DH who appears to have gone back off to sleep.
Yesterday I met up with DSs partner and the DGDs. 3 year old was delighted with the Paw Patrol toys which I had persuaded DGS2 to donate to her as he is now 6. 10 week old was wide awake and smiling and cooing at me from her pram, magic.
My deep clean goes on, yesterday I decided to wash the cushion covers. I hand washed them but put in machine for a spin, they came out covered in white from the inside so I had to then suction them to get the worst off. Haven’t tried putting them back on yet so hoping they haven’t shrunk.
Look forward to coming back later for a read, keep safe and warm.

baubles Fri 20-Nov-20 06:35:09

Good morning Mick, morning everyone from S Lanarkshire. I haven’t yet peeked out to see what the weather is doing but there’s no sound of rain so that’s a good start.

Today we are meeting friends for lunch, both DHs have birthdays in the next few days so we’re taking this last opportunity to get together for some time

Hope today is kind to everyone, look after yourselves.

Dwmxwg Fri 20-Nov-20 06:37:09

Wow, well done GrandMattie on your blood donations. Sorry to hear about your dog Scentia ??

dragonfly46 Fri 20-Nov-20 06:39:36

Cold here in Leicestershire.
Early treatment this morning.

It is my DD’s birthday so a family Zoom this evening.

Scentia so sorry to hear about your dog, that is heartbreaking.

farview Fri 20-Nov-20 06:45:23

Morning everyone, my walk yesterday was a lift for my soul,beautiful path called Burnt edge,over the moors
Thinking about Scentia
Missing gillybob
Enjoy 'something ' in your day!?

Urmstongran Fri 20-Nov-20 06:56:23

Good morning everyone from Malaga where the sun is only just coming up. I’m early! Went to bed at 10pm and woke after 9 hours. I think I’m Rip Van Winkle ...

Our last week here and looking at the wall planner last night we have arrangements to meet up with people for drinks and/or a meal for 5 days out of the 7. ‘Bye bye, hope to see you next year’ or as a friend calls them ‘sod off parties’!

I’d like one last walk, coffee and lunch in Torremolinos before we leave so it will either have to be today or next Wednesday. Hmm. See how we feel about 11am then decide seems best.

I see the novel I read earlier in the year, set in Glasgow in the 70’s ‘Shuggie Bain’ has won the Booker Prize. Well deserved! I’d highly recommend it - one of my best reads this year.

Time for my second cuppa. Mr & Mrs Duck are in the big swimming pool again and making a right racket, quacking away. I bet this will be their permanent base this winter.
? ?

Missing gillybob and it saddens me to speculate how awful things must have got for her to stop posting. Her life was beyond stressful wasn’t it? I don’t even think you’ll be lurking gilly but if by some slim chance you are I would just like to say how much you have been in my thoughts these past months.

No Friday girl. Hope Friday is kind to us all though. Well done you grandMattie on your impressive tally of blood donations! Enjoy your well deserved takeaway tonight. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

NanKate Fri 20-Nov-20 07:02:41

Morning Mick and All.

Beautiful apricot sky in a rather chilly South Bucks today.

Scentia how sad about your Sasha ?

I will check out Bargain Hunt Mick.

Well Bellasnana what a great nail biting match we had last night ???

I have no plans for today, roll on our release from Lockdown, we are half way through.

Bellasnana Fri 20-Nov-20 07:03:12

Good morning all from Malta where it looks a bit dull outside.

How can it be Friday again already? The weeks just seem to fly by.

Scentia my condolences on the loss of your dear dog. Having broken my heart over several furry family members, I really do feel for you. flowers

dragonfly, many happy returns to your DD. Enjoy your Zoom! Not the same as being together in person, but better than nothing.

Usual visit to the hairdresser today, then a quick trip to buy some dog food as I mistakenly picked up a bag of food intended for mini breeds which Buzz most certainly isn’t! He’s more the size of a small pony.grin

Tennis was exciting yesterday, ‘NanKate* will you be watching today? We are going to miss it after the final on Sunday.???

Thinking of you all and wishing you a good day.☀️

Bellasnana Fri 20-Nov-20 07:04:22

Crossed posts NanKate, yes it was a great match.??

Ashcombe Fri 20-Nov-20 07:05:28

Good morning, one and all. A chilly one in Torbay!

Scentia it’s certainly true that our beloved dogs leave paw prints on our hearts. I hope you can recall good memories of Sasha without too much sadness.
Grandmattie that is an achievement - well done!
farview it’s good to know your walk was uplifting.

No major plans for today which is fortunate as I couldn’t get to sleep for a few hours last night for no particular reason. I felt buzzy then and spacey now! But, like Gloria Gaynor, “I will survive”!!

I hope today gives us all a reason to smile.

HAZBEEN Fri 20-Nov-20 07:21:51

Good morning everyone from near Heathrow! I am early for once its usually almost lunchtime when I post!
Actually I have been up since heaven knows when, pain stopped me settling properly and I only dozed until about 3am when I gave in and got up for a hot drink. I knew I wouldn't get back to sleep so I decided to do a bit on my family tree. Finally managed to track down the records of my 3 x GGrandparents marriage! That's one puzzle solved!
We have the "boiler man" coming again today as the fault is still there, so that's this morning taken up!
Scentia I was so sorry to hear your sad news, our furry friends are such a big part of our lives aren't they.
Stay safe all, hugs for those that need them and best wishes and love to those that need it.

Alygran Fri 20-Nov-20 07:22:15

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s still dark so I have no idea what the weather is like.
Yesterday my loft was emptied and new insulation put down, guttering was fixed and trees and bushes tamed. We have 2 great guys in the village who do all the jobs that are beyond me but DH would have done. Now for sorting out the many boxes in the garage.
Food shopping this morning. I have a queue busting slot at M&S at 9.30. The last time I went there was no queue to bust!
Then home to the boxes.
Sorry for your sadness Scentia. Thinking of you Dragonfly and all with appointments and health struggles.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Sark Fri 20-Nov-20 07:25:11

Good morning everyone from Oxfordshire
I am trying to track down a missing parcel from Hermes.
There is a distant photo of our house on the tracking system but no card left or parcel anywhere to be found.
Bit irritating but there you go
Best wishes to all smileflowers

brook2704 Fri 20-Nov-20 07:32:42

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cold and frosty and rain is due in later
I didn’t see the programme mick but it’s always nice when you recognise places that you see on TV - thanks for letting us know
Some sort of walk is planned for us today even though it’ll probably be raining - if only it was a walk into Torremolinos urmstongran I’m so envious! Sounds like you’ve a busy few days ahead - enjoy!
Sorry to hear about your dear Sasha Scentia so sad, sending condolences
Happy Birthday to your DD dragonfly and enjoy your zoom later!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Nov-20 07:33:03

Good morning Mick and all

We have the 10 month old today, he is nearly walking and I am exhausted by the very thought of the coming hours, but the cuddle whilst he naps is just so good?

Sending my best wishes to gillybob if you are reading this you are missed very much.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Sar53 Fri 20-Nov-20 07:33:29

Good morning everyone from a bright but cold Essex by the sea.
No firm plans today, probably go out for a brisk walk.
I will sit down with my cross Stitch this afternoon. I really enjoy it and now that the presents for the granddaughters are finished I am going to make something for myself.
I hope you all have a pleasant Friday.
Take care and stay safe everyone xx

12Michael Fri 20-Nov-20 07:34:01

This is photo of Bargain hunt
Mick

Jaxjacky Fri 20-Nov-20 07:34:09

Good morning all from a chilly, dry S Hants, rain due soon though. Scentia thoughts with you.
Off to collect two computer games for part of GC’s Christmas this morning, then a stew into the slow cooker. Thoughts with you Scentia.
More stuff to move back into the kitchen today, the plaster is drying out nicely ready for Monday’s painting. Normal football back on tomorrow, hurrah, I’m part of a local Super6 league, predicting the results of 6 games every week, no money directly to Sky who run it, but, we pay to enter our little league until the end of the season. It’s a bit of fun, normally with some Saturday pub banter, replaced by WhatsApp for now.
DD and GS end his weeks isolation today after a case in his class, he’s 7, so she was off school with him.
Have a gentle day all, with a glimpse of solace for the soul.

Jaxjacky Fri 20-Nov-20 07:40:37

Apologies for repetitiveness! Lost the post twice and it’s early!

Elizabeth1 Fri 20-Nov-20 07:51:35

Good morning everyone from a dark and cold east coast of Fife that’s the cardigan on again off on off on. And I’m long past that stage in my life. sorry Scentia flowers to hear about you losing your dog - hugs to you.. himself went on line yesterday to his gp after many nags from me thankfully he’s been prescribed an antibiotic and a steroid my usually happy dh has been mr Grumpy lately probably due to loss of breath from his asthma he’ll soon be mr Happy again he received a phone call from a lovely locum gp who really seemed interested in him. Here’s to a good day in this household. And to all out there enjoy today as best you can. Keep warm and watered with loads of tea or coffee whatever your tipple might be cafe