Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Sun 22-Nov-20 06:10:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark but dry start here this morning in Brackley .
A quiet day , with a small shop , but generally Laundry this morning early whilst I have the chance .
The town here seems to be getting quieter each day during this current lockdown.
Take Care,
Mick

LauraNorder Sun 22-Nov-20 08:27:39

My graffiti

Lins1066 Sun 22-Nov-20 08:28:17

Good morning Mick and all. Damp underfoot but the sky is looking brighter here on the S Welsh coast, it feels colder.
A walk this morning and perhaps a takeaway coffee. I have a small piece of ham in the freezer, so ham and parsley sauce for us later.
Wasn't your friend debating to go back to the UK Urm? Perhaps I'm thinking of someone else? She will certainly miss you when you leave.
Hope everyone will have a pleasant and peaceful Sunday, stay safe.

harrigran Sun 22-Nov-20 08:29:55

Good morning from a grey but dry NE.
Waited all day for two parcels, one arrived at 3pm and the other at 5pm. Deliveries are just silly, ordered four boxes of chocolates from the same shop and they sent them in four different parcels over three days.
Another day in the house, can''t remember the last time I went out and the fridge is empty, will have to get organised soon.

LauraNorder Sun 22-Nov-20 08:32:18

Urm Glad your neighbour not the one who was recently widowed, but sad nevertheless.

Pittcity Sun 22-Nov-20 08:39:24

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Doesn't feel too cold.
A quiet Sunday of this and that with a roast chicken dinner and a glass of white to look forward to.

Urmstongran Sun 22-Nov-20 08:40:31

Yes Lins she was debating going back. Then she dithered. Now she’s definitely back on - she wants to go home to Yorkshire. Before that happens she needs to sort out this bit of new registration and it’s so daunting for her she feels she can’t cope. My heart went out to her last night when she said ‘I wish I could just wake up in the UK and all this is done’.

It’s definitely too much or her.

Thanks everyone for your input. You have already given me sound advice and a bit of a plan for next week. Gently does it I feel. She is very fragile at the moment - every little thing spells doom for her.

Grandmafrench Sun 22-Nov-20 08:42:42

Good Morning everyone from a sunny and blue South of France where it was a shocking 3 degrees ? before the sun came up!

You said it Urms “I’m about to disappear”. And what a fantastic support you’ve been to her through such difficult times. What kindness she’s been able to rely on. Not surprising that she may have been focussing more on that. I’m with NannyT on this. You should try to pass the baton before you leave, so that she will have at least one kind friend who can check in with her regularly and spot if there’s a worsening problem...maybe keeping in touch with a family member too? She’s had a lot to deal with and she’s alone and now her wonderful neighbour is going away. Bit naughty, Urms, maybe you could get a Spanish Carer’s Permit to stay...is that a thing, d’you think? ?

Wonderful trip to think about, GrandMattie. Maybe it’ll be so good that you’ll completely forgive the British Government for holding on to your money for so long. ?. About time we all got to hear about good things happening.

Hope your hips are sorted very soon, Mellow, so nothing gets in the way of your travel. Hoping your DH ‘passes his test’ and is clear for surgery on Wednesday, Gingster Not really something to look forward to ?, poor chap.

Hope you’re feeling more rested, Marydoll and you have a super Sunday.

We shall have a lovely sunny walk today. I can finally make our Christmas pudding and mincemeat......the suet landed yesterday!!!! The big let-down with online shopping is often the delivery...I sympathise with your frustration, Sar.
Boeuf Bourgignon for supper, Creole Pumpkin soup for lunch.

Have the best day, lovely Good Morningers ?‍♀️.
Stay safe, stay positive, stay well.
Hugs from ????????

Beauregard Sun 22-Nov-20 08:46:23

Good morning from a dry and bright Derbyshire.

We collected the fencing materials from the ag. merchants yesterday. The journey home was very precarious with 12' wooden rails hanging out of the back of our Outlander with the hatchback open and me sitting in the back seat trying to hold them steady. Thankfully it was a very short journey and we delivered them ready for SiL to put the fence up. It wasn't a big job, but knocking 8 posts in took its toll on his post-covid health and he was shattered afterwards.

A much quieter day in store today.

Hope today is a good day for all.

Anniebach Sun 22-Nov-20 08:47:13

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Alygran Sun 22-Nov-20 08:56:14

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it looks like it might be a bright chilly day.
Still some sorting to do from the loft emptying exercise, a run to the tip and fill the car with fuel. It should last a good few weeks.
FaceTime with DGS and some knitting later.
Sorry to hear so many worries.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Nortsat Sun 22-Nov-20 09:02:21

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London, where the sun is out.

It looks like a good day to get the washing out on the line. I know we’ve discussed previously how it was unheard of for our mothers generation to hang washing out on a Sunday. Years of working full time has always meant Sunday is a housework day in this house.

I hope you spend some happy hours planning your Paris trip GrandMattie. What a lovely way to spend some of your lump sum.
Urmston, I too wonder if your impending departure has increased your neighbour’s anxiety. She has been lucky to have you and now that you’re leaving ... it will be tough for her.
We had our film night last night and I can recommend Mad Money as a fun, light hearted film. It has Diane Keaton, Ted Danson and Queen Latifah (the rap singer). If you want something amusing to watch, during these difficult times ... this is definitely worth a go. My partner was laughing out loud in several places. He had been feeling a bit low and it was so nice to see him laughing. Thus this film is a recommendation from us.

Thinking of gillybob and hoping Maryd had a decent night.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and pleasant day. ? as it’s Sunday. ?

Justwidowed Sun 22-Nov-20 09:04:40

Good morning everyone from a dry and partially sunny Preston.
I read this thread every day and find it passes so much time that I rarely find time to post.
Have just started knitting again after a gap of nearly 40 years,and realised that I had forgotten how to cast on .Luckily my good neighbour came round and gave me a half hour lesson.I'm sure I'll pick up speed eventually. I inherited the wool, needles and Jean Greenhowe book from a close friend who recently died.
The idea is to keep my hands busy and stop nibbling while watching T V.I hope it works.
I have had or will have by December 4 new great grandchildren this year so plenty to knit for .

I hope everyone has a good day.Hopefully this week will be our last full week in lockdown.Lancashire was already in tier 3 so I don't think we will see much difference.

Take care and try to find something to make you smile .

baubles Sun 22-Nov-20 09:07:37

Good morning Mick, morning all from a damp South Lanarkshire.

I’m still very wobbly this morning, my balance is not good, I thought I would fall on my way to the bathroom. Thank you for your good wishes Bellasnana, having looked it up I can confirm it is indeed vertigo. The GP had told DH that it was probably a viral infection which i found concerning as we’ve been so carefully trying to avoid the other virus!

Last night I recalled that several years ago I had a couple of instances of being unsteady and feeling a little seasick. I thought perhaps an ear infection was to blame so I was able to have a hearing test at work. The result showed a graph typical of Meniéres Disease and I was referred to ENT where I had more tests. The upshot of that was that the consultant wrote ‘Meniéres’ on a post-it note and told me to Google it! I’ve never had symptoms and had forgotten all about it, if that’s what this is I hope there’s no recurrence for a very long time.

I hope everyone has the best day possible. Look after yourselves.

brook2704 Sun 22-Nov-20 09:12:13

Such talent LauraNorder the graffiti looks great, well done you?

Lins1066 Sun 22-Nov-20 09:17:17

Glad you seem to have found the cause of your 'wobble' * baubles*.
Welcome Justwidowed - hope you remember how to cast off ?

Susan56 Sun 22-Nov-20 09:17:54

Good morning from Shropshire.

Baubles, I really feel for you,I had an attack of vertigo a couple of years ago.As you say woke up and the only option is to lie down.It lasted a couple of days, had never had it before and have never had it since??so hope that is the same for you.

Nothing planned today but have a book to read and some TV to catch up on so that will do me.Maybe write some Christmas cards.

I hope Mary is feeling ok and that Cherry had a better night.

Have the best day you can everyone and stay safe.

Taichinan Sun 22-Nov-20 09:18:41

Oh, lots of rude words! Good morning all. I have just lost the long and breathlessly fascinating ? post I was writing so I'll come back in later as I really must get up now. See you later! ???

Jaxjacky Sun 22-Nov-20 09:32:39

Good morning all from a dull, dry S Hants. Every day feels a bit groundhog, DH went into local town yesterday as he’s fitting some skirting today, he said it was extremely quiet. After much mulling over we’ve decided to have DD, with the two GC’s and DS to visit, just Christmas Day, not to stay for a couple of days, DGD was in tears, which made me feel awful and get upset myself, not my best evening. Hopefully we’ll be allowed to do that, this week should tell with various announcements due.
Hoping you all have a pleasant day.

Grandmabatty Sun 22-Nov-20 09:35:57

Good morning All. It's a cold and bright day in Polmont. I can testify to that as stupidly I forgot to order milk in my tesco delivery which arrived at half past eight, so I've been to aldi to pick some up. I ignored the middle aisles and the only extra was pretzel chocolate for my dd to add to her Christmas stocking. I still do stockings for ds, dd, dsil and dm. Every time I suggest stopping, the looks of outrage! ☺ I'm home again, there's a chicken roasting in the oven and I'm having a coffee. I think I might bake later. Have a good day all.

Greyduster Sun 22-Nov-20 09:36:12

Good morning Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire but it’s cold. We went for a walk around the country park yesterday. The weather would have been better today but DH is watching football☹️. Anyway it was busy there and will be today no doubt. I will get on with sorting out my Christmas card list and then have a go at transferring some photos from my camera to my laptop following the instructions in my Dummies book! Chicken curry for dinner. Have a good day folks. Lovebeigecardigans it doesn’t matter if you feel your posts are mundane - mine are hardly riveting - please keep posting. It keeps us all in touch.

Gelisajams Sun 22-Nov-20 09:37:45

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it’s dry for once.
I’m late posting, I must admit to reading the “paper” before I opened GN!
I’m concerned that having flicked through the posts(I will read properly later) Marydoll hasn’t posted. Hope everything there is ok.
Was discussing the possibility of a bike ride but I fear it could be busy on the prom with it being a nice day so no decision as to what we are doing as yet.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

BlueSapphire Sun 22-Nov-20 09:44:02

Hello and good morning from a very sunny DD's near Wellingborough. Have just got up and made a mug of tea, and DS-in-law is just about to take the dogs out. Then sausage butties when he comes back. My back pain is easing slightly thank goodness, but found it difficult to get comfortable in bed last night.

Spent yesterday afternoon watching rugby, (wins for both England teams), and deciding on Christmas presents for the DGDs. Then DS-in-law cooked while DD and I watched Strictly. He certainly has a talent; the most delicious chicken fajitas appeared from the kitchen, which were washed down with a glass of rose.

This afternoon on the way home we are picking up the new printer which DS-in-law has ordered for me and he has offered to set it up. I am so lucky to have such wonderful family, and count my blessings every day.

Easy meal tonight for me, probably egg, beans and chips; cannot be bothered to do a big meal, comfort food will do nicely! Might have an ice cream afterwards....

Hope all have a pleasant day.

Grandmafrench Sun 22-Nov-20 09:45:05

Oooh don’t fall, baubles. Take it easy, it will go. Try not to make ANY sudden movements/changes in position. When you have to turn around, do that very slowly and turn your whole body rather than your head. Hold on to stuff for support so there’s no chance of you falling. Rest, please. It’s horrible but it will pass. ?. Lovely that you’re taking up knitting with all the tools from your late friend, just widowed. It won’t be long before it all comes back to you. If your eyes allow, please do drop a line when you can, lovebeige - think we all take turns with the mundane, but as a group........we’re unstoppable! ?. Have a good Sunday.
Annoying, or what, Taichinan, but think how much more we’ll appreciate the news from Costa del Scotland when it’s finally freed from your keyboard. ?

Grandmafrench Sun 22-Nov-20 09:52:00

jaxjacky ???

GrannyOwl5 Sun 22-Nov-20 10:11:35

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is grey and damp. Nothing much planned for today. It is DGS’s 10th birthday today; can’t believe how quickly he has grown up. He has a completely new bedroom done by his parents behind closed doors with the birthday reveal this morning. He is obviously thrilled with it and I have had a Zoom inspection of new wardrobe, bed, dartboard,TV, desk, duvet with stars “which glow in the dark, Granny”! I feel a bit travel sick ?being whirled around but it is worth it to see his delight.

It must be a worry about your neighbour Urms. I agree with others to see if one or several of the others can keep an eye out for the short-term, but in the longer-term to involve her son and daughter - I presume they are in the UK and that’s why she wants to move back? A tricky situation for you to negotiate.

Hope you feel better during today baubles. Welcome Justwidowed and hope the knitting is coming on; you certainly have enough great grandchildren to knit for!

Hope everyone has the best day they can. Stay safe