Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(78 Posts)
12Michael Sun 22-Nov-20 06:10:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark but dry start here this morning in Brackley .
A quiet day , with a small shop , but generally Laundry this morning early whilst I have the chance .
The town here seems to be getting quieter each day during this current lockdown.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 22-Nov-20 06:16:38

Good morning from a dark mild E Kent.
Yes, Mick, everything seems quieter as the weeks go by, not that I go out at all apart from my daily walk and weekly supermarket shop.
Sunday’s are not a good day for me for some obscure reason.
Pension back pay - I have agreed with DS2 and GS to go to Paris when we are freed. I had offered him to give him and his mum the holiday, but to my utter delight he told me he preferred my company “because I speak French “! It has its uses then.. I have decided to waste some on fabrics for patchwork, I have too many earrings (over 100 pairs) and hate shoes!
Hope people are feeling less pain, less sorrow, fewer problems , less stress, or at least they are tolerable today. Stay safe. ❤️

Ashcombe Sun 22-Nov-20 06:24:36

Good morning, Mick, grandMattie, and those to follow!

Yes, it’s similarly dark and dry here in Torbay.

Yesterday I enjoyed a day with my bubble buddy when we finished wrapping a mountain of presents for her DGD and DGS. She also cooked a delicious roast beef lunch which I greatly appreciated. Although she is well off and has a beautiful home overlooking the bay, she rarely uses the heating other than when I visit. Once again, I was glad to return to my cosy flat and don my onesie!

I’m looking forward to a Zoom call with DD2, DSIL, DGS and DGD who live over 200 miles away. This afternoon will be my daily Zoom with DH from France.

A trip to Paris sounds wonderful, grandMattie, and how lovely that your son values your company so much!

I hope everyone will have as good a day as possible. Take care!

Beechnut Sun 22-Nov-20 06:45:32

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it’s dark and once again damp.
Sounds like you’ve got a good plan Mattie for a trip and you can’t have too much fabric.

My shoes all got sorted and I polished up my HushPuppies ankle boots that I’ve not worn in an age. I found that my slippers are past it so along with a few pairs of shoes they are for the bin. After all that my Marydoll cake was ready to try while I did some online slipper browsing and there is some
left for my daughter’s visit later.

Wishing you all a good day all whatever you do ?

Dwmxwg Sun 22-Nov-20 06:51:22

Good morning from north Surrey, dry here too.
GrandMattie am glad you have decided on a personal treat with your unexpected windfall, and even more that you DS and GS are keen to go with you. It is always extra special when our AC want to spend time with us.
Usual dog walk this morning and a small pile of ironing (a lot less this week as no GC staying). Off to work later, it’s good to be back there.
Hope everyone has a good day

MellowYellow Sun 22-Nov-20 06:53:58

Good morning from a dark damp south Cornwall. Sunday is always quieter where I live because there's less traffic in the town centre.

Lovely children's party yesterday with the three of them, they love my tiny flat, especially my basket of knitted food!

I'm supposedly going to Paris next year grandMattie too. A friend has asked me to go with her and her sister for her 70th because I speak French.

Today I'll be reconstructing my flat and will take a walk to the town beach for more beachcombing. Enjoy your day if you can, everyone.

brook2704 Sun 22-Nov-20 07:00:17

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cold and dark but hopefully dry later. Yesterday there was a really cold wind and I didn’t spend long in the garden. But I did manage to sit outside with my cuppa in my sheltered little corner watching the birds and squirrels going to and fro from their feeders. It felt so warm and cosy when I went back inside though ?
Today we’re sorting through the Christmas decorations and seeing what to keep and what to dispose of. I’m gradually putting up fewer and fewer each year and just keeping the best ones and a few homemade ones that the DGC have made over the years. After that a catch up video call with DS who lives In Switzerland- his town has just got additional restrictions imposed so he’ll be staying put for a while yet.
Your travel plans for Paris sound lovely Grandmattie even better with your DS and DGS too and definitely something to look forward to in the months ahead. And mellowyellow, I hope you enjoy your trip next year too!
Hoping everyone with worries and struggles has a better day today and take care whatever the day brings ?

grandMattie Sun 22-Nov-20 07:02:29

GS has always been fascinated by the Louvre pyramid, and DS2 would walk on fire for me. Nice to be able to treat them.

cornergran Sun 22-Nov-20 07:03:39

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, damp looking corner of Somerset. Some on line shopping and a walk will fill the day. I’ll also take a card and cake to a neighbour for her birthday. .Your planned trip sounds a wonderful treat grandMattie, something to plan and look forward to. Hope everyone experiences a little brightness today. Take care.

Bellasnana Sun 22-Nov-20 07:42:10

Good morning everyone. It’s a grey day here in Malta with showers and thunderstorms predicted for later.

Another day indoors. I have several jobs I should be tackling but zero motivation I’m afraid.

Hope baubles is feeling better today after yesterday’s funny turns. I wondered if it was vertigo as I remember DH having a similar attack. Anyway flowers and get well soon.

Must get up and do my aerobics. Everything is an effort today.

Have a good one and keep safe all.☀️

mumofmadboys Sun 22-Nov-20 07:45:59

Good morning all from Cumbria! Dry here at the moment. Still in bed with my cuppa but will soon have a cycle ride before Zoom church. Have started writing my Christmas cards. I like doing a few each day and then it actually feels quite an enjoyable task! I do find it hard to get motivated in these Covid times. Have the best day you can everyone!

Sar53 Sun 22-Nov-20 07:49:19

Good morning everyone from a damp Essex by the sea.
Yesterday another parcel not delivered by DPD because the driver didn't read the address and tried to deliver it to another block of flats with the same postcode. After much web chat and feelings of frustration it will now be delivered to a local shop, where I can collect it. The most frustrating thing is that you cannot speak to anyone and have to rely on web chat. Rant over, sorry
Grandmattie sounds like a wonderful way to spend your windfall, let's hope it all comes to fruition.
No plans to go anywhere today. Roast pork later, football on the tv and my now completed cross Stitch to press and frame.
Enjoy Sunday and stay safe everyone xx

Elizabeth1 Sun 22-Nov-20 07:53:03

Good morning all from a dark and cold start to the day. Not much traffic on the road either that or my new triple grazed windows are keeping the noise out. I had a wee run to our local Lidl yesterday where my dh had great fun ( not);in pushing me in my wheelchair too fast past the goodies. It’s not a great experience for either of us. Never the less we got there and my dh even bought a Christmas tree which were or he will decorate today it’ll be lovely once the lights are on it. Have a good day everyone be kind and smile it may come back to you flowers

Urmstongran Sun 22-Nov-20 07:54:15

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s just getting light.

Great way grandMattie to spend your windfall. Experiences are the way forward I think for me too instead of more ‘stuff’ now. Covid has made me re-evaluate my priorities.

The lockdown is definitely ending on December 2nd Mick so hang on in there.
?

I’m concerned about my 85y old neighbour. So much so Himself suggested I ring her son or daughter. Hmm. I don’t like to go behind her back so for a few days ‘if in doubt, do nowt’ will be my mantra. I will mull things over before I go.

Last night I suggested we go for a gin & tonic this afternoon. Listening to her seems to help in the very short term but now she has such severe anxiety (not Covid related) her mind can’t find peace.

I know someone with generalised anxiety disorder - and my elderly friend is struggling so much she is worn out and tearful I think she needs help and I’m about to disappear. There will be no-one on our little landing of 6 doors for 6 months and she is a private person at the best of times.

Sorry to unburden on here. Any thoughts from you super grans?

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

grandMattie Sun 22-Nov-20 08:07:16

As a depressive my self, Urms, just staying in touch is a great help. “Touch base” daily with her. She was recently widowed wasn’t she? Might be grief catching up too - that just needs to be worked through, sadly. But perhaps her family might need to be forewarned.

Gingster Sun 22-Nov-20 08:11:31

Good morning all from a light-Skyed Essex.

DH is off for a Covid Test this morning before he has a little op on Wednesday (his birthday). He has to have the top of his ear sliced off. ?

A quiet day of reading yesterdays papers. We only have them on a Saturday and they last us all week. Lots of puzzles and supplements to keep us busy.

I seem to have taken ages to read by book club book this month. It’s funny how sometimes I devour 2 or 3 books a week and another time , I just can’t get going with it. I blame GN as I’m always popping on here to see how everyone e is doing. ??. It’s certainly addictive, and a great time passer.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. ???

Nannytopsy Sun 22-Nov-20 08:12:12

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s a lovely morning in Suffolk - let’s hope it stays that way!
What a worry for you Urmstongran particularly as she will be isolated. Do any of the ladies who wine know her well enough to step up their friendship? Is she getting more anxious because you are going?
Poor lady.

dragonfly46 Sun 22-Nov-20 08:15:14

Good morning from a sunny Leicestershire.

The forecast is good today so meeting a friend for a walk.

That is a tricky situation Urmston. Could you ask her if she would like you to ring her son or daughter? Could you suggest she visits the doctor? You must be worried at the thought of leaving her alone.

Urmstongran Sun 22-Nov-20 08:16:00

Good advice gM I shall definitely keep in tough very regularly when I go home as I know she needs support from someone.

No, she isn’t the lady who was widowed. She went home to Birmingham two weeks ago, so my friend’s mental state is not grief-related.

She has always been indecisive and what I’d have just termed ‘a bit of a worry pot’ but something admin related for the government here has made her spiral out of all proportion.

ginny Sun 22-Nov-20 08:20:44

Good Morning. The sun is just peeping over my bedroom windowsill, so hopefully a reasonable weather here today. Have woken up with a large dark bruise on the back of my had but no idea how it came to be there.!

I enjoyed the on line art class yesterday and managed to produce a passable water colour poinsettia.
DD1 certainly got us thinking with her quiz.

A suitably masked and distanced quick trip to M & S foodhall later this morning. So long since I’ve been there ,hope I remember the way !

Later , more sewing but otherwise a lazy day. Take care all and hoping you all find a ? today.

farview Sun 22-Nov-20 08:23:21

Morning everyone..could have posted at 3.45 haha ..sleeping pattern gone to pot!....also suffering with morning nausea last week or so..(No definitely not pregnant ?)...
Its looking like a chilly but decent day in Bolton...
Let's all do as Scentia says and turn our lips upwards..?
Keep safe all of you...?

kittylester Sun 22-Nov-20 08:23:45

Morning all from a bright ish North Leicestershire.

Not much going on here today - just a beef casserole to organise - a special request from dh, it's not my favourite!

Just had a lovely WhatsApp chat with 13 year old dgs. He is such a love.

We have to organise our glass corridor today so work can begin on waterproofing the roof over the hall.

Sounds like a brilliant plan mattie. urmston, that is a worry for you.

I think I might contact your friend's children before you leave in case there is anything you can do to help.

There is a rumour that our new neighbour to be will be visiting the house next door this morning so I guess I'll have to spend some time sitting on the stairs again.

Pantglas2 Sun 22-Nov-20 08:24:05

A lovely dry morning here in north Wales where I’m about to rise as I’m replenishing my freezer from Lidl and Tesco!

I also need to put my favourite shoe boots in for heeling as they’re down to metal and I was clackety clacking home t’other evening after dinner with friends!

Sad to hear of your worries about your neighbour Urmstongran- going home next week will be tinged somewhat for you I’m sure ?

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday with a day off from worries and illness x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 22-Nov-20 08:25:21

Morning all from a fairly bright South Notts where we've had some rain overnight. Am just easing into the day and will do my usual big shop later.

I'm not posting on here so much as I feel that my comments are so mundane most of the time. If I spend too much time reading all the posts it makes my eyes go funny. However I pop up on other posts most days.

Hope today goes well for you all, especially those with illness or worries.

LauraNorder Sun 22-Nov-20 08:26:48

Good morning Mick and all from a still and dry Anglesey, perfect weather for the builders to finish the final gable wall, oh yes it’s Sunday, typical.
Your poor neighbour Urm, times are hard for so many but harder for those who have lost someone and she’ll miss you terribly, you’re obviously a lovely neighbour. I agree with grandMattie, keep in touch as often as you can but if you can’t then maybe a discreet word with her son so that he too can support her.
Talking of Malaga, your post of a few days ago got us talking about maybe selling up and getting a small flat here and one in Spain, your life sounds so wonderful apart from your Covid warrior worries which will pass I’m sure.
I got up at an ungodly hour with all sort of thoughts running through my head so decided on some graffiti to ease my mind. Such fun, now I know why the youngsters are tempted by it.
Fortunately I had a large canvas so no walls were defaced in the process.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday, even those who don’t like it much. I wonder if that’s a throw back to working days when ironing and prep for another week of graft took over or is it cos it’s too quiet for some or just cos there’s not much on the telly.