Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Wed 25-Nov-20 06:11:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Today , the new supermarket Sainsburys wise opens in Brackley this morning, will use a bus there and back plus walk as well as they sell somethings I cannot get elsewhere .
Apart from that easy day in await further news of what will happen after this Lockdown.
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 25-Nov-20 10:35:08

Totally agree with you GrandmaFrench about books & Kindles!
#lazygran

EllanVannin Wed 25-Nov-20 10:39:33

Good Morning All x.
Usual dark day of November, damp but again, not cold. Once upon a time it was said that this sort of weather was a breeding ground for germs during winter, but then sharp frosts/ice used to kill all unknown germs---but neither seem to be the case any longer as this virus isn't bothered either way.

Frustration has built up within me after all these months, obviously because I haven't been able to do what is normal at this time of year-----shopping ! It's really thrown me as I'm usually sorted by now with cards etc. I should take a leaf out of Mick's book and jump on the bus and get cracking.
It's all about being sensible and aware.

A quieter day today so I can get on with my letter to friend who was our next door neighbour well over 70 years ago grin. She and her husband are still in the same house !
Some ironing to do but nothing urgent. Beef stew today so I can leave that to simmer for most of the day when it's at its best.

Love the nails Bellasnanna, very cheery. Mine are filed down now ready to go again in the Spring, because a couple broke so I cut them all to keep them even.

Mrs Bookworm, you should be refreshed and relaxed before your return journey. Gone will be the peace and quiet grin

Hoping this finds everyone well and those who are poorly, I hope it's short-lived.
Keep staying safe and enjoy the day whatever you do. xx
Special thoughts to Gilly as it must be tough going for her.x

Blossoming Wed 25-Nov-20 10:41:03

stilllearning that must be very worrying, especially not knowing what caused the stroke. It would be worth your friend or family getting in touch with the CHSS, they have a help line which is staffed by nurses.

www.chss.org.uk/stroke-information-and-support/

Taichinan Wed 25-Nov-20 10:42:32

Good morning everybody from a bright and sunny - though not cloudless - Angus coast. After nine hours' sleep the night before I was still awake at 5 this morning - and then wide awake again at 8. It will probably then be impossible to stay awake this afternoon making yet another sleepless night tonight. There's no chance of me joining you on your patio tomorrow for a sunrise coffee MellowYellow!

Enjoy your visit to the new Sainsbury Mick, and good to see you beat the gremlins and managed to get your post through Elizabeth - I can just see you air-punching and shouting Yesssss!! Sar so sorry your DD has been so upset but good she can share with you. A trouble shared is a trouble halved, so they say. I hope your parcel pick-up is successful at last. You're obviously a very creative person Ashcombe and lovely that your poem was so well received. Sorry it's so difficult to know whether or not to join your DH over Christmas. It would be the travelling that would put me off - unless of course you could take your car and sit in it for the ferry crossing? You're a wonderful mother Scentia and your DD is lucky to have you - as I'm sure she realises. On the subject of DDs, I noticed yesterday (too late to post) Ginny's DD has confirmed she is pregnant and that we shall have another DGD on here in May. Wonderful news indeed! I too am filled with nail envy Bellasnana - lovely photo too. Remember to tell your DGD that all the grannies in Britain think she is very talented with her ideas ?. Glad to hear you're out of sickbay NanKate, but sorry about your neighbour Nortsat. Long Covid, from what I hear, is definitely Not Nice. And that's also very worrying about your friend "Stilllearning*. It's probably best that she's home though, as picking up Covid in hospital is sadly all too common. Marydoll I know what you mean about those "half-mast" masks. They make me so angry because the wearers are so selfishly ignorant. Either don't wear a mask and sound a klaxon and carry a warning flag, or put the d....d thing on properly!!

I have no plans for today other than going to collect the prescription I forgot to collect yesterday and weed the pile of magazines and catalogues that have accumulated in the corner of the garden room. Oh, and I shall put on a coat and go and commune with my fish in the sunshine. There's always some fun and excitement if you look hard enough ??

Have a good and as pain-free day as possible everyone. ???

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 25-Nov-20 11:06:13

Good morningall from a dreich Harroate. Love the nails Bellasnana - very seasonal!!

Had a lousy night last night, I was plagued with an itchy face - haven't had that for so long, can't remember how to deal with it. Have plastered zinc & caster oil on, so hope nobody comes to the door or I'll scare them to death!!
Had intended to do baking, but not a good idea if I'm tired. All sorts of things happen. I made some gorgeous looking bread, but forgot to put salt in it - it tasted foul!! The cake I had mistakenly put gravy powder instead of chocolate powder was gruesome!

I'll make a pot of soup, can't do much wrong there - can I?

Hope all those with problems are managing to improve, tomorrow's another day.

Urmstongran Wed 25-Nov-20 11:15:48

Gone will be the peace and quiet ... I have to quarantine for 2 weeks EV - my Kindle will be close by, my iPad, telephone, Christmas cards to write, Netflix ...
peace & quiet!
???

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 25-Nov-20 12:02:06

A late good morning all from a very wet and murky South Notts. It must be really wet as I've just seen a man go by with an enormous brolly and we all know that many men are allergic to brollies, don't we? A day for staying in I think.

Yesterday, instead of going for my planned drive I went out for a walk and a natter with my sister and her dog as she rang to ask if it was convenient. It's the first time I've had a natter with another human being face to face for around a month. It was overcast but the rain held off.

Glad to hear that you're out of the woods NanKate after your tumble, it shakes you up when you fall, doesn't it? Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with illness or worries.

Gingster Wed 25-Nov-20 12:09:48

Thankyou Grandmafrench And lauranorder for your good wishes for Dh and Ds’s birthday. ?

Daddima Wed 25-Nov-20 12:36:17

Well, a wee bit of sun here at the foot of the fells, just enough to highlight the dirty windows! Mr Amazon has delivered my Firestick, so I expect I’ll see number one son to deliver a tutorial.
Mick, I hope Sainsbury have some goodies. I got some frozen sweet cherries last week, and they were very nice.
Well, I seem to have put my Kindle in a safe place, so must go searching, with a bin bag in tow to get rid of some clutter. Then I might manage a small constitutional. Then again, I might not.

Annaram1 Wed 25-Nov-20 12:46:19

Hello everyone, its quite a nice day here in Sidmouth, and my once a month gardener is happy about that.
Had a very bad night last night. I have discovered that I HAVE A MOUSE! It appeared 2 nights ago. I have a couple of humane mouse traps as this is not the first time I have been plagued by mice, so I dug them out and baited them and put them in my bedroom. As I only go to bed around one am
I did not expect it so early - but not long after that I heard the unmistakeable sound of a mouse settling off a trap. I turned on the light but although the trap had gone off the mouse had managed to not get trapped. A few minutes later it happened again, And again... I heard it trotting about...But it did not get caught. Finally about 3 am I turned on the light and would you believe the little blighter actually popped his head around my slightly open door, and gave me a hard stare. I waved my arms and he disappeared until the light was off. Altogether I stayed awake until about 5 am and slept a few little sleeps until I decided it was no use, and got up early, fuming...

Nannytopsy Wed 25-Nov-20 12:47:40

Well, we did the school run, came back for breakfast and then went to fill one of the cars, for the third time this year! To think DH used to fill it ever week. While there, we did a little bit of shopping, but we have a delivery at the weekend. It was just the bits they don’t do on C&C, for stockings.
Freezer for the brick shed arrives this afternoon.
I hope the day is kind to all those with worries, health problems, sad children and birthdays

Blossoming Wed 25-Nov-20 13:54:04

We tried a humane mouse trap Annaram1. Our resident summerhouse mouse treated it as a lunch box. We only got rid of him by making sure any loose ot spilled bird feed was cleared up, though I doubt that’s the problem in your bedroom grin

Megs36 Wed 25-Nov-20 18:55:04

Still learning
A stroke is always frightening and you always feel every twinge or difference in usual feelings is another one ,I know this my own experience , I had a stroke nearly two years ago. I was lucky inasmuch as there was no obvious physical effects; however I too was told not to drive for 3months but in
fact I have never felt able to drive since , my confidence went completely and my sight has gradually deteriorated to the point that I feel I would be a danger on the road, also my reactions are very much slower. When I had a follow up checkI was told things would gradually improve but although on the whole I have ‘recovered’ there are a few things that will never be the same as before. Help was suggested from the Stroke Association , unfortunately I have been unable to take up these suggestions, so myadvice to your friend is accept everything on offer, and keep on taking the tablets! As my old dad always said ‘Do the best you can’.