Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Thu 26-Nov-20 06:26:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,but looking dry and cold outside here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday, I caught the bus locally and went to the new Sainsburys supermarket , but it was smaller than the one they have in Bicester , but carry most of usual stock.
Today I await a delivery via DHL from Parley Box, I am going to try there Xmas meals offer , if on my own it will reduce waste .
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Thu 26-Nov-20 06:28:01

Good morning all from a chilly Torbay!

I’m going out early to shop in the main Lidl (we have a choice of two locally!) before it’s too busy. That will also enable me to ensure I can park near my home before business people arriving for work start occupying the spaces.

Having meals delivered sounds like a great idea, Mick

More anon, I hope. Trust all are well and happy.

Pantglas2 Thu 26-Nov-20 06:33:42

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a dry north Wales where I’m up with sparrowfart for no good reason!

Will pop out later to Bangor Dunelm for some thread ? to finish my pillowslips and we’ll probably nip in to the Range while there - will sweeten that pill for DH with coffee ☕️ and cake ?!

Hope you all have an easier today than yesterday ?

grandMattie Thu 26-Nov-20 06:35:06

Good morning from a dark E Kent. We’re hurtling towards the winter solstice, spring can’t be far behind!
Had a very successful cookery soon yesterday. The light aromatic chicken tagine is a great success, probably more subtle than Musakhan from last time.
Got some wonderful news last night. 8 year old DS2 has a genetic condition and in her case it caused a complete fracture of her left tibia when she was 7 months old. It has never healed properly, her leg is 3” shorter than the right. She was due for surgery in July, postponed to January by CV19. The hospital rang yesterday and the operation to straighten her leg is due on Monday. The next one for lengthening will be next year. We are all thrilled!
I have been directed to alter her knickers so they open on the side... I’m eagerly awaiting the parcel containing them.
Hope today brings comfort to all in sadness, pain, distress, and everyone has a great day.

Beechnut Thu 26-Nov-20 06:36:01

Good Morning everyone from a very frosty Severnside.

Why is it always frosty on the day I want to use my car ?
Belated birthday greetings to the Ginster men.

A few errands to do later and then back to carry on with my sewing.
I’m not looking forward to doing the food shopping as Christmas draws nearer. I will stick to Tesco I think as I’m used to the store.

Take care all and have the best day you can ?

Dwmxwg Thu 26-Nov-20 06:47:01

Good morning Mick Ashcombe and all to come from a chilly north Surrey
DH spent all yesterday waiting for a GP call which did not happen. Has now had email to say they will call today, in the meantime he continues in pain and is not happy.
Had a lovely evening with DGSs, put up their bedroom decorations and lots of silliness with them which at 9 and 6 they love. No more walks the DGDs at the moment as I am once again nursing COVID +ve patients and mum is understandably anxious.
We also put up our outdoor Christmas lights so we have declared Christmas 2020 begun ( a bit earlier than my normal)
Today is breakfast and school run followed by dog walk. We have the washing machine man coming too. Still under guarantee and needs a service as not quite right.
Plan to visit garden centre to buy cards for December birthdays and the special Christmas cards for family.
Collect boys from school and more granny shenanigans with them. I suspect they will request toad in the hole for dinner
Wishing all a good day

Dwmxwg Thu 26-Nov-20 06:49:08

That is great news GrandMattie. I am sure you will keep us posted on her progress

Scentia Thu 26-Nov-20 06:49:53

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels cold ?
Had a lovely day yesterday, went to DD to do her cleaning and she looked poorly bless her, so I ran her a big bubble bath, she had a bath whilst DGS and I tackled the pots, when she came down I insisted she went out with DGS on the trails for a few hours. When she came back, not only did she look wonderful, but the house was spik and span❤️ She was so happy. We went for a drive to a garden centre, where DD bought me a Pounsetta, and DGS had had some sweeties earlier and was bouncing off the walls, but oh my, he had us laughing so much. Just the sort of day we both needed.
Can’t wait for the announcement of our tier later, we have cancelled our trip away over the Christmas Holiday anyway as it may be the only 5 days we will be able to see any family.
I do hope everyone is ok and able to have a smile today, if you can’t smile that’s ok but then, please don’t cry❤️❤️❤️

Sark Thu 26-Nov-20 06:51:13

Good Morning from Oxfordshire.
Dry and cold here.
grandMattie that is good news and I hope all goes well. My DD had many operations on her leg at a similar age and the strength and resilience of children amazes me.
Hope everyone is well and flowers for those with worries

grandMattie Thu 26-Nov-20 06:57:28

Sark, she was very anxious about the operation and the loooong wait did nothing. She told me last night that “it was better to be sore at Christmas than sore _ and_ worried”!
And, of course, I’ll keep you all updated.

kittylester Thu 26-Nov-20 06:58:24

Morning all from a very cold North Leicestershire.

I am so excited!! We have men coming to put a rubber coating on the flat roof over the hall. Then we need a downpour to see whether it has worked. I'll just leave a collecting plate here - any financial donations gratefully received!

Good news for your granddaughter Mattie and I'm glad you have been given such an important job!!

Must get up and get going - dont want to scare the roofers!

Jaxjacky Thu 26-Nov-20 07:01:17

Good morning from a dark, chilly S Hants, off to the farm shop for veg soon. Good news * grandMattie*, well done Scentia very satisfying.
Problem with the fridge part of the new f/f, the door doesn’t close properly, so engineer visit next week.
Have a gentle day all.

brook2704 Thu 26-Nov-20 07:10:25

Good morning everyone from a cold and dry Inverness
Good news GrandMattie I hope all goes well for your DGD
A busy day ahead as we’re picking up the DGC from school later. Their dad usually picks them up but he’s working extra hours as he’s so busy this time of year. They’ve asked for sausage casserole for tea so thats nice and easy - they’re staying overnight too so fun times ahead and no doubt an early start tomorrow!
Scentia sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday, so pleased you all enjoyed it ?
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Sark Thu 26-Nov-20 07:19:09

grandMattie oh bless her, you must be very proud of her.
Keep us updated smile

GrannyGravy13 Thu 26-Nov-20 07:23:00

Good morning Mick and all

Just brightening up her in S E Essex, no plans for today. Brilliant news GrandMattie regarding your DGC.

When I go to bed tonight it will be the the 365 consecutive night in my own bed, no holidays, weekend breaks or overnight and friends or family for first time in my lifetime!!!!!!!! Oh how I am getting angrier,
frustrated and more upset each day this curse of a virus continues......................

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Grandmafrench Thu 26-Nov-20 07:28:13

Good Morning everyone from a wild, warm and windy S of France.

Gales shook and rattled the shutters sufficiently to ruin my sleep. I shall doubtless survive the day....Just as long as I don’t sit down anywhere comfortable. grin

What a positive ray of sunshine you are, Scentia bet you made your DD feel so much happier. How lovely that you can be designated Knicker Lady, Mattie Every wish for a perfect outcome for a brave little soul.

I’m up and off to take advantage of this very early start....for me!
All and any with pain or problems, stress or sadness - hope you have a better day. Take care all, keep safe.

Hugs ?????‍♀️????

Greyduster Thu 26-Nov-20 07:31:47

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a very frosty South Yorkshire. I was awake at some ridiculous hour full of cold and needing a hot drink, so here I am watching the sun rise. As it is set to be a nice day we will go out later this morning for a midday walk as we have to be in this afternoon. A hot roast pork sandwich from the butchers near the park will constitute an al fresco lunch. Salad for tea. I have to start taking blood pressure readings for the surgery as they have had to cancel my MoT appointment. Everyone, it seems, is busy self isolating, so DiY NHS. Have a good safe day folks.

Sar53 Thu 26-Nov-20 07:34:22

Good morning from a damp and miserable looking Essex by the sea. Food shopping this morning and some sewing later.
The saga with the delivery goes on, it looks like it has been sent back to the company I purchased it from. You couldn't make this up, I won't bore you with the mundane details.
Grandmattie good news about your DGD, I wish her well.
Have a pleasant Thursday and stay safe everyone xx

Bellasnana Thu 26-Nov-20 07:38:45

Good morning from a cloudy Malta.

Good news about your DGD’s op, grandMattie although her comment brought a lump to my throat. Bless her, what a courageous little girl.?

Scentia what a lovely, supportive mum you are. Your DD is lucky to have you.?

No plans today apart from going to buy milk at the corner shop. In fact I’m feeling much as GrannyGravy describes, so many wasted days, no travel to see loved ones and no prospect of it any time soon.☹️

Wishing everyone as good a day as possible.☀️☀️

NanKate Thu 26-Nov-20 07:39:11

Morning Mick and All.

Dry brightening up day here in South Bucks.

So pleased grandMattie you have the go ahead for your DGD’s operation. ?

I too have lots of silliness with my eldest DGS Dwm it’s such fun. He plays the waiter and asks for my meal orders for the whole of the day then he finds the icons on FaceTime and posts them on the screen. So of course I order an ice-cream cone for breakfast ?. I treasure these moments and replay them in my head.

Did my first WI Zoom yesterday. A couple of hours later a friend in Venice text to say she saw me on the screen! I had no idea she would be there too.

NanKate Thu 26-Nov-20 07:40:25

Hello Bellasnana we are missing the tennis too ! ?

baubles Thu 26-Nov-20 08:05:13

Good morning Mick, morning all from a very cloudy South Lanarkshire.

All good wishes for your GDD grandMattie.

You were a real tonic for your DD Scentia, it’s so good to hear.

I think I may get out for a walk today, himself has been doing the dog walking for almost a week now but I’m staggering less so will give it a go.

Hope you all have the best day possible, look after yourselves.

harrigran Thu 26-Nov-20 08:06:03

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Had message from DIL yesterday to say GD1 had been sent home from school with a cough and a temperature, she was tested and has coronavirus.
Spent the afternoon making soup, hoping to tempt DH to eat something.
Slept most of the night despite pain in hip and knee, I think after a week of disturbed nights I must have been shattered.
Take care everyone.

Bellasnana Thu 26-Nov-20 08:08:36

Hello NanKate, I love your DGS acting as your waiter! Very precious moments to treasure.
I’m impressed about your Zoom meeting! I’ve never Zoomed with anyone and wouldn’t know where to start.?
Yes, the tennis gave us something to look forward to didn’t it. Roll on the day when it’s back to normal.

Daddima Thu 26-Nov-20 08:09:42

Morning Mick and all. Cold here, and so foggy I can’t even see the fells. I have taken hot chocolate back to bed, because I need to finish my borrowed ebook. This is a great library service, and they lend audiobooks and magazines too.
My bin bag filling has kind of inspired me, so I’ll try to fill another couple today. Other than that, no plans.
I saw sumac mentioned here a few days ago, so ordered some online. I’ve defrosted some chicken thighs, so will look for a recipe.
Good news for your granddaughter, Grandmattie, I’m sure all will be well.
Happy Thursday everybody.