Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Thu 26-Nov-20 06:26:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,but looking dry and cold outside here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday, I caught the bus locally and went to the new Sainsburys supermarket , but it was smaller than the one they have in Bicester , but carry most of usual stock.
Today I await a delivery via DHL from Parley Box, I am going to try there Xmas meals offer , if on my own it will reduce waste .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmabatty Thu 26-Nov-20 10:10:14

Urmston that is very worrying about your neighbour. It sounds awfully like dementia. I feel you need to alert her family.

mamaa Thu 26-Nov-20 10:23:28

Urmston don’t wish to add to your worries, but I agree with GrandmaBatty as our neighbour did exactly the same, and then would have periods of lucidity in between the episodes. She was diagnosed with Dementia. Sorry to hear about your daughter too. ?

GrannyOwl5 Thu 26-Nov-20 10:28:29

Good morning everyone from north Kent where it is grey and dismal; send some of your sunshine down south EllanVannin we are in need of it to cheer us up. Waiting to hear which tier we are in; as the areas either side of us are in the top three of covid hotspots we suspect that we shall be lumped in with them in the highest tier. Well, will just have to wait and see.

Not much planned for the day; a bit of pottering in the greenhouse as well as a bit of tlc on the beauty front. I shan’t see my lovely manicurist until mid December so a bit of judicious use of scissors and emery board is required ?.

What a brave little girl you have GM; good luck with the re-designing of the knickers! ?for you Dwmxwg for what you and your colleagues are doing for us all.

Hope everyone with medical or other worries have a better day. Have a good Thursday. Stay safe

Taichinan Thu 26-Nov-20 10:40:35

Good morning all from the Angus coast where I'm feeling slightly disgruntled by the weather! The Best Day of the week was forecast, so after a glorious day yesterday I woke up expecting blue skies and sunshine again. Best not to pay attention to weather forecasts methinks ?. However last night I slept for a solid nine hours (after less than three hours the previous night!) so all is not bad. Glad you slept as well Harrigran.

grandMattie, your poor, so brave, little DGD. I do hope all goes well with the long-delayed op. I know you'll pour so much love into the knicker alterations they will be the bestest and comfiest knickers in the whole wide world ?.

What a perfect mum you are Scentia - the way we'd all like to be!

I've never tried Zoom either, Bellasnana and as my family have never suggested it I suspect it must be a tad complicated for technophobes and they don't think I'd cope! And they're right!

I can't find even the tiniest bit of Christmas Spirit Gingster - I wish I lived near you so I could borrow some of yours! Glad your DH's birthday op went off successfully

Sar53 it's unimaginable that you're still waiting for that parcel! I do think that the sheer volume of parcels is bound to cause problems this year, which is why I'm giving money gifts wherever possible.

Having said that, this year for me and mine is a Robot Christmas. I have bought myself (thanks to contributions from my two DSs and a large Black Friday discount) a RobotVac, and I've bought one for each of my children as well. All parcels were received at their correct destinations, and this technophobe managed to get hers going yesterday! What fun I had! (and sadly I do mean that). Because I've spent a lifetime moving around from place to place I have never had - nor ever wanted really - a pet. Now I have one - Robbie the Robot. I found myself following him about as he devoured the dust! Pleasure in small things indeed - the children despair of me. ?

"The Grapes of Wrath" was one of my favourites grannySomerset. Not just the story, which I remember getting totally lost in, but the style of prose.

Urms please do get in touch with your neighbour's family. That just doesn't seem right, and what will she do when she's the only one on her landing? Oh dear, it's so sad.

Now, I see "my" field is being ploughed today. A sure sign that one day Spring and the little green shoots will one day come again. I'm not what you would call a winter lover so any sign that it might one day be over is welcome indeed. So on that note I shall sign off with a ??. Have the best day you can everyone ???

BlueSapphire Thu 26-Nov-20 10:44:24

Hello and good morning from a very bright and frosty Northampton. Running late this morning, so am posting first then I will pop back in and read everyone's news.

As usual, not much planned for today except a Sainsbury's delivery this afternoon. Just had an email from them to tell me that they had substituted three items, but I shall accept them as they are sensible similar swaps. Will now have all the stuff to do Christmas baking for DD and DS. Will be having a busy few days!

Still in pain from this bloomin' trapped nerve - it's right over my shoulder blade and down my left arm; pain killers not doing much to ease it. Still, worse things happen at sea.

Must stir myself and get a few things done. Hope the day goes well.

Taichinan Thu 26-Nov-20 10:49:52

Crossed post Ellan. So that's where my promised "best day of the week" has gone! But I don't mind, seeing as it's you ??

Ashcombe Thu 26-Nov-20 10:50:34

Hello again!

Lidl shop completed easily and I’m delighted to have found cosy, fleecy PJ's for DH and me! Lots of tempting Christmas goods which I mostly resisted!

grandMattie what happy news re your DGD! I did smile at the knicker alterations required but what a good idea! She sounds like a brave girl and we will all be thinking about her and all of her family in the weeks ahead.

Scentia what a lovely, kind gesture for your daughter!

Bellasnana, cornergran and Taichinan being on Zoom is fairly easy if you download the App. My 12 year old grandson in Australia talked me through my first session with the family. It’s free to use if you only want to use it for 40 minutes or unlimited for two participants. I have daily calls on it with DH and also attend meetings or enjoy catching up with my family in various locations.

It’s a fine, Winter's morning but chilly here. Thank goodness we have the warmth of all the posters on this supportive thread. Take care and stay well!

CherryCezzy Thu 26-Nov-20 10:55:33

Good morning everyone. There's not a cloud in the sky here in Gower this morning and it's not as chilly as I thought it was going to be.

Again I haven't posted for a couple of days. A couple of days ago I fell out of bed again due to a dratted seizure. No bruises this time as I took the duvet with me so had a soft landing, but I did jar my knee ? I'm fed up of having them so frequently at the moment, I wouldn't wish them on my worse enemy.

I've had to cancel my appointment with the hairdresser at lunchtime today, a shame because I'm starting to look like a shaggy dog ?. Yesterday evening my WP slipped with a sharp knife and cut quite deep into the the fleshy part of the palm of his hand. Unlike me he's quite squeamish at the sight of blood and was flapping and panicking and it was difficult to help him. He was definitely in shock. No amount of persuading would entice him to go to A&E to have it looked at however but I know he needs stitches so it's off to A&E for us very shortly. It's taken this long this morning to persuade him!

I did read your wonderful family news ginny that your DD is expecting a baby, congratulations on becoming a grandma again ?

Belated birthday wishes to your DH and DS Gingster ?. I'm pleased that your DH's operation went well ?

Kitty, I hope the flat roof repair goes well ?

What a brave souls your DGD is grandMattie. Children are resilient, I wish her a successful operation and treatment following ?

We'd better set off now ...

Take care and stay safe and cosy everybody ❤️

HAZBEEN Thu 26-Nov-20 10:59:27

Good morning everyone. I haven't posted for a few days, feeling a bit under the weather and a little down. My get up and go has got up and gone!
I haven't read through all the posts yet so I am going to sit here with a cup of hot chocolate (the cup that really cheers!) and go back on the thread.
Stay safe all, I will be back!

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 26-Nov-20 11:10:49

Good Morning all from dry with a hint of sun Harrogate. Your GD, grandMattie is a brave little poppet. She'll be very sensitive that she is different, so good she's having the op.
Scentia, so glad your DD is feeling better and hopefully appreciates your efforts.
Today, more baking - trying to fatten my DH but mainly succeed in fattening myself
Got a wash on, so must go and hang it out!
Have the best day possible - there is something better round the corner.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 26-Nov-20 11:23:42

Good morning from a very cold but dry north of Scotland. There is no wind so it is lovely and quiet. Saw my neighbour washing their windows which motivated me to do the same but only did the patio doors as it is so cold. I have brought the Christmas lights out and am about to put them up early to try and lighten the mood. Finished watching season 4 of The Crown last night, stayed up too late. Have taken to watching House of Cards at 6 pm as it is light and amusing. I can recommend it. Have the best day you can.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 26-Nov-20 11:24:58

urmstongran Came back to agree with others, time to phone your neighbour’s family perhaps?

Stilllearning Thu 26-Nov-20 11:36:30

A late good morning from S Lanarkshire. Great news about your brave granddaughter grandMattie, like many others I’ll be thinking about her on Monday.. Your poor neighbour Urmston and an additional worry for you.
Just to say I had a wonderful phone call with my friend, she is completely her funny self again, we are so thankful. Big changes to her diet etc will be required which will be hard of course, she is a ‘feeder’ and loves to give hospitality to all who appear, but she lives to fight another day, that’s the important thing and she is deeply grateful for the care she received.
A peaceful day to everyone.

EllanVannin Thu 26-Nov-20 11:40:11

Kitty I feel for you with the flat roof problem and can relate to 2 properties in the past where it took ages to solve the problems as the rain wasn't coming in where the actual drips were---they never are, but running down elsewhere, along and down if you get my meaning. It was solved in the end by a sheet of tarred roofing felt which was heated on to the surface.

It had cost us pounds over the years, including internal decoration.