Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-Nov-20 06:13:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry and cold outside ,assume it maybe foggy as well here in Brackley .
Today , I will stay in having watched some of the local football team last night on BBC2 , will check the result later .
Mind you will be interesting being in Tier 2 , as getting out and about , when you have sporting fixtures allowing spectators back although limited , they still have to travel even if in same tier but limits will they track and trace and make spectators at say football matches pre book there seats so they can be traced if needed or will they have a Covid -19 facility at the grounds so spectators are given the test before entry into the ground .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 28-Nov-20 06:23:44

Good morning from E Kent. We are promised sunshine today. We haven’t had rain but what I call “grumpy “ weather, neither one thing or another...
Yes, Mick, things are interesting and many seem illogical.
The Knicker Queen found some jersey tpyesterday and rushed to try to make a little pair of very wide legged trousers, about 24” with a draw strin waist. For two reasons- firstly, I don’t have waist measurements, secondly, I thought it might be easier to put on, disturbing the cage and fracyptured leg less. Bone pain is hideously painful. DH was so excited about them that he made me finish them befor 5 so he could post them.
DGD will be very spoiled today - her knickers, her trousers, and I have arranged for a fancy little box of toiletries to be made up for her at the Body Shop.
Hope you find today acceptable.*Marydoll*, you are in our sights, watch it! Everyone else stay safe. ❤️

grandMattie Sat 28-Nov-20 06:24:37

Fracyptured? Nice word! ?

cornergran Sat 28-Nov-20 06:40:09

Mornin Mick, morning All. Can’t see a lot out there, a murky damp start to our corner of Somerset. Don’t think there will be a repeat of yesterday’s sunshine. Raiding the loft today for the Christmas decorations, will have a sort through then can install ‘one day when I feel like it’. I love that phrase, it was my ma-in-laws favourite. Your granddaughter will be delighted grandMattie, you’re very creative. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, take care.

Beechnut Sat 28-Nov-20 06:43:12

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s pouring with rain.
Let’s hope your sewing is just the ticket for your granddaughters needs Mattie.

I’ve finished y practice piece of sewing with the old sheet for my new dress. I’ll do the soft pleats but leave out the pockets this time.
Today I’ll do some cleaning and put away my autumn decorations then I’ll get my Christmas cards and list out.

I hope you had an uneventful trip to uk home Urm. Rotten weather for you to come back to but at least you’ll be able to see your C Warrior (in a while).

Stay safe all and have the best day you can ?

Pantglas2 Sat 28-Nov-20 06:50:40

Morning Mick and GrandMattie- I’ve just tried typing fracyptured three times and autobluddywrongagain amended it to fractured......I prefer your spelling actually ?

Another dry day promised here in north Wales (unless LauraNorder sends me her rain ?) so will get some washing done and that’s my excitement for the day! I could clean, I suppose.......?but there again perhaps not ?

Welcome back Urmstongran to whatever tier you’re in and stay safe and well everyone x

Ashcombe Sat 28-Nov-20 07:06:06

Good morning everyone from a dark, dry Torbay.

grandMattie: your granddaughter will be looking forward to surgery in order to glam up in the imaginative clothes you’ve made and to use the Body Shop products! Well done!

Mick: Perhaps the football grounds will have the QR code for spectators to sign in using the NHS App on phones, if they have it. They were becoming widely used around here, prior to the recent lockdown.

Welcome back, Urm!

Yesterday, was a day of mixed fortunes. The good news is that I should be able to go to France, to spend Christmas with DH. The bad news? My car still isn’t ready, nearly three weeks since the accident! I dare not book the hotel or ferry until I’m sure of the car.

I went to my local P.O. to buy an International Driving Permit which could be issued immediately and will be required after Brexit from 1/01/21. Only when I arrived home did I notice that the clerk had written a start date of 1/10/21! Sigh!

There are more serious worries in many lives so I must get it in perspective. One friend told me that when her car was in for repair after an accident, it was parked outside the garage where a van ran into it and wrote it off!

There are worse problems, I know, for many people. I hope everyone has as good a weekend as possible.

NanKate Sat 28-Nov-20 07:30:50

Good morning Mick and All

Cold and still quite dark in South Bucks.

With December on our doorstep I realised we have 12 weeks to get through and then have the prospect of Spring arriving. I wonder if we will have a repeat of last year’s lovely weather.

DH is away helping with our DGSs whilst our DS works. We decided it is safer for me to stay at home. We are all in a bubble. It makes me realise the reality of living alone.

GrandMattie what a wonderful Gran you are to your DGD. She will love the Body Shop goodies. I sent my 2 DGSs a comic each, a single KitKat (the thick choc variety) and bag of Percy Pig sweets, I know a sugar rush is inevitable but they are not allowed them all at once. I am counting the days till I can see them at Christmas.

Have a peaceful weekend folks.

Sark Sat 28-Nov-20 07:40:30

Morning everyone. Dark and been raining in Oxfordshire
Beauregard so sorry to hear your sad newsflowers
Urmstongran hope you had a good journey
Nothing exciting except using new shark hoover for the first time!
I should do some baking (DH will be happy) as I have a lot of eggs for some reason but I don't need the calories!
Hope everyone has a good daysmile

Sar53 Sat 28-Nov-20 07:40:37

Good morning all from a damp and misty Essex by the sea. It doesn't feel quite as cold as yesterday.
We have ordered some rock salt to go in the bin in the car park, together with a small bucket and spade. We need to go and pick them up this morning.
I've sent some flowers to both my girls, they should arrive this morning, just to say I miss them.
DH will be watching rugby this afternoon and GP qualifying and I will carry on with my latest cross stitch.
Have the best Saturday you can and stay safe everyone xx

Elizabeth1 Sat 28-Nov-20 07:45:08

Good morning everyone from a dark and cold east coast of Fife. Himself stayed put yesterday to keep nice and warm moving into different temperatures starts his coughing off I’m pleased he contacted his asthma nurse to get a review she’s prescribed him a different type of inhaler which he’ll get today. And she’s going to,speak to him in 2 weeks time again. Thankfully I noticed an improvement in his breathing last night I think by staying put it reduced his coughing. My dh needs a nagging wife or a kick up the a........ to get him to speak to his gp practice - nothing new there. wink have a good day everyone be kind to yourself keep warm.wine

aggie Sat 28-Nov-20 07:46:04

Good Morning all, it’s very chilly out there ! Just broken the thin layer of ice on my wee raised pond
The sky is clear with light coming from the East through pink and dark blue streaks , looks like another bright cold day in prospect

Dwmxwg Sat 28-Nov-20 07:47:21

Good morning to all you lovely people on this thread. Dry and grey out there this morning in north Surrey
Yesterday had a very busy and difficult shift, perfect welcome home was Freddie dog who lay beside me for a very long cuddle.
This morning we are supporting DGS1 who will be running 4K with his mum, only his 2nd run. They are doing a virtual Santa Fun 5k run next week so this is preparation. This race like so many other events is not as normal. It would have been round the local town finishing in the pedestrianised high street followed by a Christmas parade and FC arriving on his “sleigh”
Will come home for a hearty brunch and then back off to work
Cherish those you love

ginny Sat 28-Nov-20 07:49:55

Good Morning all.
I’m looking out the window at a very murky scene here in N. Bucks.

Quick food shop locally this morning along with a few household jobs.
No cooking today, we have decided to have a meal from a local restaurant that is doing take away at the moment.

We have a family quiz on zoom this evening and looking forward to ‘seeing’ them all.

Plenty of sewing, craft, card writing etc. to keep me busy otherwise.

Wishin all a day with some ?

Gingster Sat 28-Nov-20 07:51:45

Good morning all, from a just getting light Essex. Yesterday was so cold but today seems a bit warmer.

Walking the dog around the neighbourhood last evening was a delight. So many Xmas decorations up, brightening us all up. Early I know but so lovely to see. ?. I walked to DD’s house (10 mins away) and saw her work in progress. A jolly inflatable snowman, projected snowflakes on the house and a ‘Please stop here Santa sign’. Lights going up this weekend. Little GD jumping around with glee and teenage twin boys lurking in the doorway, looking bored but secretly enjoying the festive scene. What fun! ??

What great needlewomen you are *gm and beechnut. I couldn’t sew a handkerchief. Well done both.

Ashcombe I do hope you get your car back in time . Lovely that you are permitted to travel. What a nuisance about the wrong date on your driving permit. One step forward, two steps back. ?

DS1 keeps saying he’ll get our shopping but I do like to do my own. Even ordering on line doesn’t seem to work for me. I always forget something or don’t order the right size or type. I prefer to take my time and spot things that I know I need. How does it work for you.?

I hope all are feeling better and brighter this morning. Let’s all get into the festive spirit, one way or another. ??

BlueSapphire Sat 28-Nov-20 07:52:07

Good morning everyone from a dark and grey E. Northants at DD's. I am so grateful to be here with company for the weekend; DD and her husband have been absolutely wonderful and I cannot thank them enough.

Another disturbed night though, with my back pain keeping me awake and finding it difficult to get comfortable in bed. Just wondering how long this is going to go on for.

Think it will be a rugby day today, as three internationals on tv this afternoon, plus our team Northampton Saints have a home match which is being televised. No spectators, though apparently from 11th December 2000 fans will be allowed to attend. The club are running a ballot of season ticket holders to see who can attend, though if my name is drawn I still feel doubtful about going. It's going to be very sparse though, with 2000 in a stadium that has 18,000 capacity.

Just waiting for signs of movement before I get up and make a cup of tea. Stay safe everyone.

Jaxjacky Sat 28-Nov-20 08:00:45

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy, damp S Hants.grandMattie you are indeed the knicker queen!
Ashcombe good news for France, hopefully your car will be sorted very soon. Urmostongran back safe and sound I hope, with the heating on!
Not much going on today, DH started tiling the kitchen yesterday, it makes an incredible difference, cobalt blue tiles against the white and grey, he’ll carry on today. Cottage pie for tea, with veg.
Have a gentle day all.

harrigran Sat 28-Nov-20 08:00:45

Good morning from a calm and frosty NE.
Sent messages to each member of the family as they are isolating in separate rooms, they seem to be coping. Youngest GD sent me a picture of a Christmas tree she drew.
DH was quite weary when he returned from his hospital appointments so we spent the rest of the afternoon reading on the bed and were in bed early. I surprised myself by sleeping most of the night.
Need to sort Christmas cards especially the one for DD abroad, we do not have a post office anywhere near us, so annoying.
Have the best weekend you can.

Beauregard Sat 28-Nov-20 08:09:21

Good morning all from Derbyshire. Looks like rain is on the way.

Yesterday turned out to be quite a day. DGS did indeed provide the smiles required to lift our mood, he says the funniest things. Every toy in the box was brought out and played with. He wasn't so keen to put them all away at the end of the day though! He even brought his "invisible" friend Quint with him. Quint has been around a while and he has many birthdays. What an imagination he has!!

"My" (in the loosest of terms) horse ran at Newbury yesterday. He came last of three. Oh well, an off day for him, but at least he came home safe and sound. A few of us had fun watching him and a fellow owner Juno made contact, which was nice. Marydoll I hope he did better for your DH in a previous race.

But the loveliest thing about yesterday was the kindness and support I received from so many of you after the sad news about my brother. Thank you all so much. It really does help and gave me such a lift flowers

Ashcombe how frustrating. Now you've got to go back to get it redone. Or explain to your DH that your next visit will be in October!!
Urms hope you had a trouble free journey back with no delays.

Hope everyone is feeling well and today is a good day.

brook2704 Sat 28-Nov-20 08:13:11

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s another dry cold start to the day but with a clear sky and the promise of some weak sunshine later
I’d planned a quiet day yesterday but DD messaged to say she was finishing work early and would I like to meet in town for a coffee, as always no notice! But I decided it was good to be asked so I went, forgetting it was Black Friday. Much busier than usual but we managed a get a seat at Costa and spent a lovely couple of hours chatting away. For me it’s definitely the little things that brighten my day ?
Good news Ashcombe that you’re able to travel, fingers crossed your car will be ready very soon.
Hope your DGS enjoys his run dwmxwg!
Hope everyone facing worries and struggles has a better day today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Marydoll Sat 28-Nov-20 08:13:30

Good morning all from a cold and dark Glasgow, its only three degrees at the moment.

I have nothing to report at all! I'm so frustrated at my inability to do much at the moment.
I took the advice to play with my straighteners and ended up burning my hand TWICE!!!
However, I did look very glam, I hadn't realised how inefficient my previous ones were. ?

DD is bringing my medication today, I'm so looking forward to seeing her. As she lives in the next LA, which is also in Tier 4, she is only allowed to cross the county border for essential purposes. Like Grandmattie, I have made a goodie bag for her, I felt she was a bit low.
The bag will contain Christmas socks, as is our tradition. She is still a child at heart and likes to wear Christmas socks ? for the whole of December. As she is working from home, she will need plenty!

I am also rethinking Christmas arrangements. DD and SIL will be coming, as they work from home and put all their shopping on our Tesco order, so have no contact with the outside world to keep me safe.
DS2 and his fiancée also planned to come, but that would make it very difficult under the regulations for my future DIL, who is very close to her own family. I'm going to speak to DS2 today and suggest they stay at home and can then see DIL'S family without worrying about it. Her mum and sister are Covid nurses and are really struggling to cope just now.

Beauregard I watched your horse race yesterday. DH was most impressed when I told him that I knew a racehorse owner!

Hoping Urmston got home safely and her DD is making some progress.
A special mention for our beloved Soop, who isn't too well at the moment and best wishes for all in the sick bay. Not heard much from Grammaretto, I hope Mr Grammaretto is ok.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone. DH has just brought a cuppa and the papers. I shall indulge myself.

LauraNorder Sat 28-Nov-20 08:18:05

Good morning Mick, good morning all from a lovely dry and calm Anglesey, no rain to send to you Pantglas so get that washing out.
Your granddaughter will be so delighted with all her goodies grandMattie.
Hope the car is ready soon Ashcombe and that you get the driving permit sorted out.
Welcome back to Blighty Urms, hope your Covid warrior gets better soon and hope your neighbour in Malaga is rescued soon by her family, so sad.
I’m early today so will pop back later to catch up on all the news.
Have a good day all

GrannyGravy13 Sat 28-Nov-20 08:18:30

Good morning Mick and all

We are off to buy our real Christmas tree today, we leave it on the garden for a week then bring it in. We are also getting DD one as she is now in isolation with the boys due to a positive case in the 5yr olds bubble.

GrandpaGravy will put up outside Christmas lights this weekend anything cheery helps a bit.

Car repairs take forever Ashcombe you need to keep pushing them!!! Grandmattie your GD will be pleased with her gifts.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Taichinan Sat 28-Nov-20 08:21:44

Good morning all. The sun is about to rise in a clear sky over the Angus coast so it looks like a good day for my gardener's last attendance of the year. It's very frosty though.

grandMattie I forgot to say yesterday how lovely your little knickers are and your DGD will love them and the trousers. The sparkly harem pants mentioned by someone yesterday sounded a good idea too.

Welcome back Urms. I hope you don't find it too cold and sunless after so long away. It will be so lovely to see family again - even if socially distanced - and I'm sure that will be all the warmth you need ?

NanKate the thing about living alone is that you get used to it gradually and in reality it can be quite enjoyable! Most of the time.

I have nothing particular planned for today but I will no doubt find some busyness to get on with. The last of the bedroom furniture needs moving to let Robbie the Robotvac finish his job up there, but that's more fun than work! I'm still like a child with a new toy!

Have the best day you can everyone and I look forward to popping back in again later to read some more. ???

Lins1066 Sat 28-Nov-20 08:23:55

Good morning Mick and all from a wet S Welsh coast.
Hope your car and permit will be sorted soon Ashcombe, fingers crossed that you will be able to go to France. When our children were young, as soon as the school's broke up we would spend a few days in Normandy just before Christmas. Happy memories of the Christmas market in Caen and St Pierre sur Dives. A quiet day for us and like Mr Sar Mr Lins will be watching the rugby and the GP qualifying, well with mainly the one eye, still not much vision with the eye that was operated on. An Indian take away later, looking forward to that.
Thinking of EV and wishing her and her granddaughter. Hope Cherry is ok and Marydoll.