Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-Nov-20 06:13:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry and cold outside ,assume it maybe foggy as well here in Brackley .
Today , I will stay in having watched some of the local football team last night on BBC2 , will check the result later .
Mind you will be interesting being in Tier 2 , as getting out and about , when you have sporting fixtures allowing spectators back although limited , they still have to travel even if in same tier but limits will they track and trace and make spectators at say football matches pre book there seats so they can be traced if needed or will they have a Covid -19 facility at the grounds so spectators are given the test before entry into the ground .
Take Care,
Mick

HAZBEEN Sat 28-Nov-20 10:48:49

Good morning everyone. Its dull and cold here near Heathrow.
Welcome back to Urmstongran get the thermals on!
Marydoll I envy your new glam look with the straighteners my hair looks like a scarecrows at the moment!
Dwmsxwg take care of yourself and rest, those shifts you do are draining.
Hugs and best wishes to all in pain or need.
Stay safe all.

EllanVannin Sat 28-Nov-20 10:49:56

Good Morning All x.
Not the bright and crisp and even day as it was yesterday, instead it's a dull heavy sky but warmer.

Glad to learn that Urmston had an uneventful journey home and what a lovely welcome on the table. So long as Mr O'Leary hasn't created any " mischief " with his sardine special, you should be alright for the Christmas rush grin x

Good news on the horizon for Ashcombe and her long-awaited meeting with DH, a lovely prospect.

GrandMattie gave me the idea of the Body Shop goodies as an extra in Ruby-Lou's parcel. I'm beginning to feel like that woman who won the pools years ago with her " spend spend spend " online so it's just as well I'm not going out anywhere or I'd be missing deliveries.

I thank you all for your kindness and understanding during this on-going family problem, it does help to share as you don't feel so alone in having to carry the burden. xx

However, it's lovely to hear how others spend their time and energy as it's not in me to just think about myself at this time. Things will resolve themselves one way or t'other.

I've just been nosing from the window for I heard a heavy vehicle engine running outside. Decided to go one better and gathered a bit of rubbish to take to the bin ----for a better view. grin It was a fire-engine parked in the road near me and at the bottom of the lane there was an ambulance but I was still no wiser as there was no smoke nor the smell of it but doubtless I'll hear about what went on in due course.

Crumpets devoured, Urmston. Lunch is crabsticks, lettuce and tomato sandwiches---like doorsteps but luscious.

Kitty I hope your roof behaves itself, a testing time should there be a downpour.

Enjoy your day everyone and Lins, if you don't have a snooze during the day you should have a better night tonight.

Take care all and stay safe whatever you do xx Thoughts to Gilly x

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 28-Nov-20 11:08:29

Good Morning all from a damp & chilly Harrogate
Marydoll I have decided you will be first in the queue for THE vaccine, I shall be second!!
Hail, grandMattie, The Knicker Queen!! You've done a beautiful job, your DGD will be extremely happy.
My DGD has had to have specs!! Now whenever he comes to me he will put on my specs, he is apparently not interested in wearing his own!! He looks very cute with them on.
Today probably a nothing day. Will probably have ti spend a lot of time sorting this machine I am using just now. Getting very tempermental. - Me, too.

The bright side is there, folks - just keep looking for it!!

Namsnanny Sat 28-Nov-20 11:21:52

Good morning everyone! I can just about see you all through the fog smile
I shall be reading g a book by the fire today I think.
Have as good a day as you can and keep well.

Grandmabatty Sat 28-Nov-20 11:24:19

It's a late good morning All from Polmont where there are blue skies. I've been busy this morning. A food shop at aldi, then a trip to dd with stuff for her cupcakes that she had forgotten. Dgs is always pleased to see me which warms my heart. Then I had a trip to pick up a prescription which I should have done earlier in the week, but haven't felt well enough to drive. Then washings on and bathroom cleaned. I'm taking things easy this weekend and pottering gently. I'm impressed with the busyness of you all. Have a nice day all.

grandMattie Sat 28-Nov-20 11:31:24

DGD2 called just now, having just received the parcels. She is thrilled but hasn't yet tried anything on. the trousers look a good fit if held against herself.
As for DGD1, who has been feeling terribly left out [as well as very worried about her sister] has received a whole raft of prezzies and cards too, so is feeling a lot better.

CherryCezzy Sat 28-Nov-20 11:37:00

A goodood morning all. It's grey and drizzly and a balmy 7° in the Gower today.

I flinched when I read that you burnt yourself twice using your new straighteners Marydoll. I'm sure you recoiled quickly so I hope there aren't any marks.

Thanks for the well wishes Lins and Susan, unfortunately ? I woke up in the middle of the night with raging toothache. Fortunately I have a dental appointment coming up in a couple of weeks ?
I hope your DD's ring turns up Susan ?

Welcome home Urmstongran ?

Stay safe and cosy everybody and find something to enjoy today.

Ashcombe Sat 28-Nov-20 11:37:14

Grandmafrench - your second paragraph should be published far and wide! A great mantra for all !

Nortsat Sat 28-Nov-20 11:55:43

Good morning Mick and the GM team from chilly east London.

Your creative sewing sounds as though it’s ‘just the job’ KnickerQueen and a box of Body Shop goodies ... how lovely.
I remember when I had my hysterectomy I had bought new underwear and a new nightie to take in to hospital. The day before my operation, I was emailing my Consultant’s secretary and she advised me to take ‘big, comfy knickers’. I was so glad of that advice ... the new knickers went back in the drawer and the old baggy ones went into the hospital. It was the best advice I received...

Welcome home Urmston ... what a super welcome pack from your DD ... lovely girl...
Marydoll ‘steady on now’ ... as my lovely mum would say.
Gosh Cherry it seems you can’t get a peaceful night’s sleep. Hope your tooth is more comfortable today.

Online grocery shop this afternoon and then film night and a takeaway.

Good thoughts to those facing challenges today.
Hello to gilly.
Have a good day all. ?

Urmstongran Sat 28-Nov-20 13:06:11

Decided to go one better and gathered a bit of rubbish to take to the bin ----for a better view - love it EV ‼️
?

Grandmafrench Sat 28-Nov-20 13:45:16

There’s just something about your posts which always makes me think “let’s call round at Ellan’s. It just feels like home...the place to be. Sorry Ellan if this encourages a horde of wandering Grans to turn up at your door. Don’t think it’s just the way you chat about food, joke about life or brazenly ? peep around the curtains...and beyond! It’s more like - even when you don’t - you sound as if you’ve got life sorted!
(Bet it’s all down to the crumpets! ). Love to you x

Urmstongran Sat 28-Nov-20 14:09:04

Well said Grandmafrench!
Ditto from me.
?

Grandmafrench Sat 28-Nov-20 14:27:49

You little crumpet junkie, you! Stay warm and well. x