Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Mon 07-Dec-20 06:21:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks cold and foggy here in Brackley .
Today a quite day in housework and nothing apart from watching TV planned .
I have a blood test tomorrow as to my diabetes, but hoping that it may reveal other conditions .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 07-Dec-20 06:28:26

Good morning from a cold dry E Kent.
I’m glad that you are taking today quietly, Mick. Make sure you ask to see a doctor.
No further news of Iris yet. I’ll probably call at lunchtime today. The relationship withDD is delicate and I don’t want to seem either needy, passive/aggressive or nosy. Fine balance!
I’ve finished making the 70 squares required for my little quilt and am assembling them. All things being equal, I should finish it by the weekend.
Nothing much on today, cleaning and general housework. Bleugh.
Be gentle with yourselves, listen to your bodies, rest if necessary, but have the best day you can. Stay safe.

NotAGran55 Mon 07-Dec-20 06:36:09

Good morning Mick
Please pick up the telephone and make a call to your GP today and tell them about your blackout / breathlessness symptoms.

The blood test you have scheduled for tomorrow is specifically to look at your diabetes markers and not your general health.

Have a good day everyone.

Dwmxwg Mon 07-Dec-20 06:42:45

Good morning Mick, GrandMattie and all to come.
Had a poor night’s sleep, would have liked to sleep in a bit longer but the dog doesn’t know that.
Today I am meeting up with 2 friends in the garden. Friend has an amazing “outdoor living” space which has a heater but I will layer up and take a blanket with me.
Otherwise will take things easy today.
Stay safe and have a good Monday

Beechnut Mon 07-Dec-20 06:45:18

Good Morning everyone from Severnsideits dark and damp.

Perhaps while having your blood test Mick you could say you don’t feel too good and take it from there.

I hope you get some news today Mattie.

I’ll try and make close family cards today. I usually do Christmas trees but have bought a set of nesting star dies so I might see what I can do with them.

Have the best day you can everyone ?

Sark Mon 07-Dec-20 06:49:49

Morning all.Foggy and dry in Wiltshire this morning.
Just had a quick dip in the hot tub and back inside for a cup of tea and light the woodburner.
Very much enjoying our little holiday.
Hope everyone has as good a day as possiblesmile

Ashcombe Mon 07-Dec-20 06:52:13

Good morning to you all from a soggy and chilly Torbay!

What lovely advice from grandMattie for us all! Thank you!
I hope you soon have further news about Iris.

Mick: If you tell the nurse who's dealing with your diabetic check up about your recent episodes, I’m sure she’ll insist on you seeing a doctor without delay. We are all concerned for you.

My Christmas tree is described as “thin” on its box which is ideal for my small living room. In this photo it has a definite list to the left - who knew a tree could pick up on its owner's politics!!

Thinking of all who are troubled in any way. Have a good week, everyone!

Urmstongran Mon 07-Dec-20 07:05:58

Good morning everyone from a dark, dry and seemingly mild South Manchester. We are now on Day 10 of our quarantine. Actually I think it’s passing pretty quickly - maybe because here we are in Tier 3 so there’s not much action out there anyway. Plus, we no longer have a car for a few weeks so it’ll be Shank’s pony anyway for us for a while as we lent ours to the Yorkshire lass!

Here is a photo of our twig tree in the hall. We bought it from IKEA about 20 years ago! It casts a cosy light. We intend to buy our real tree which goes on the verandah with outside lights this weekend when we are sprung from captivity.

Our Covid warrior returns to work today! A phased return, mornings only, with good support for her in place. She made me laugh yesterday. Apparently she put on a little make up for the first time in months, said she felt she looked like a drag queen and took it off again!

Hope Monday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

NanKate Mon 07-Dec-20 07:10:04

Good morning Mick and All.

There is a thin grey mist here in South Bucks today. It looks like the start of a Victorian melodrama.

Yes grandMattie don’t we have to walk a tightrope with some of our close family to keep the peace. Not easy.

It’s the second of my Chi gong Zoom lessons today. Really looking forward to it. ?‍♂️

Yes Mick I agree with the others here you need to tell the nurse about your symptoms. Leaving things to get better on their own rarely works.

Jaxjacky Mon 07-Dec-20 07:18:50

Good morning all, dry, cold and foggy in S Hants, it’s going to be very cold today, so won’t be straying far, trip to the pharmacy, that’s it. We put up outside lights yesterday for the first time, they look cheery in the gloom. At some point, I need to start wrapping presents, but that can wait until the tree is up next weekend.
Have a gentle day all.

Lins1066 Mon 07-Dec-20 07:28:35

Good morning Mick and all from a dark and dry S Welsh coast. I am enjoying seeing all your Christmas trees and decorations, we have done nothing in the way of decorating as yet, however our Christmas wreath making kits were delivered from a local florist on Saturday, as the planned evening event was cancelled due to covid. We had a long walk in the sunshine yesterday, it was very busy on the seafront though. I have some laundry to do and may wrap a few presents later. Hope everyone will have a good day, stay safe.

Marydoll Mon 07-Dec-20 07:35:55

Good morning all from a cold and frosty Glasgow. DH is golfing today, rather him than me, as its Baltic out there!

Nothing planned for today, as I didn't have a good night. Printing out Christmas card address labels is about my lot.

I thought I would share my pictures of our Nativity scene and the good Christmas tree. The other tree in the conservatory is called the tacky one, due to the fact that it is decorated with ornaments from Christmases past, which DD won't let me throw out!

Wishing all those who are sad or poorly, a peaceful day.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 07-Dec-20 07:36:55

Good morning Mick and all

Dark and foggy here in S E Essex.

Gym this morning and then maybe some ironing!!

Keep safe and well folks ??

Marydoll Mon 07-Dec-20 07:37:22

Well the pictures were there when I previewed!!

Grammaretto Mon 07-Dec-20 07:40:42

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where I was woken at 6am by a wrong number! It is still dark and DS sets off for his home 12.000 miles away today. What a month it has been.
I couldn't find the Monday thread for a while and began to worry about you Mick. I hope you get some answers.
DGGpa is still in the covid ward having tested positive in hospital 6 days ago. He still has no symptoms so we just hope he doesn't get any.
I like your little twig tree Urmston though I may have to get a real tree for the smell of fresh pine and also as a place to hang all the homemade decorations.
Have as best a day you can everyone.

MawBe Mon 07-Dec-20 07:40:42

Good morning from N Bucks where it is dark, cold, and foggy.
Getting up to make a cup of tea I could hear my neighbour scraping his windscreen - oh happy days, happier still to be behind me!
Must finish the cards and get on with the throw today, despite over 2 weeks to go I am beginning to feel the beginnings of a sense of rising panic at the thought of queuing outside the post office for instance to send parcels (since I won’t be seeing the Tonbridge branch of the family before Christmas.) Silly, because I have all the time in the world, but old habits die hard!
I hope you all keep well and that your day is a pleasant one.

Marydoll Mon 07-Dec-20 07:41:34

Gremlins in the works, or perhaps this morning, I'm not the full shilling, as my DH would say!?

Beauregard Mon 07-Dec-20 07:41:45

Good morning all from a cloudy Derbyshire.

Lovely trees Ashcombe and Urms. Your little break sounds very relaxing Sark

Some really nice comments yesterday about my advent calendar, thankyou. I'm looking at it in a new light now and will treasure it in the future.

Our walk out with the horse went reasonably well, only made difficult by the number of cars passing us on a very narrow lane, but Noregard coped quite well. The only mishap was back at the yard when I put my hand on her nose to push her back from the door and she pushed back at me, forcing my hand hard against a metal fastener. Ouch! It swelled up like a golf ball and is bruised and sore, but no real damage done. We're still friends.

Grandma"cameoff"french Good to see you back on top form!
CherryCezzy We could have done with your WP's help!
Taichinan I dubbed the horse Noregard as she has no regard for the safety of others! as well as it rhyming with my username.
GrannyGravy I think our days with horses are probably numbered as DD and her family are looking to emigrate, so much change is on the horizon I fear.

Hope everyone is well and has a good day today.

dragonfly46 Mon 07-Dec-20 07:41:52

Good morning from dark Leicestershire.

We had water pouring through the living room ceiling after I had a shower yesterday which caused some excitement. Fortunately it came through the light so didn’t cause visible damage. My friendly plumber rushed round and diagnosed the problem.

After that managed to get the tree up.

Hoping for a quieter day today.

Hope you feel better soon Marydoll.
Let us know if you hear about Iris GrandMattie we are all wondering how she is getting on.

grandMattie Mon 07-Dec-20 07:42:52

Duplicated photos, Mary. We have decided we can’t be bothered with a tree unless DGS visits, in which case he’ll be sent to the attic for tree and decks! ?

NannyJan53 Mon 07-Dec-20 07:44:46

Good Morning from a dark and damp Black Country. Morning NanKate

No plans today, in fact I am thinking of changing my user name on here to NoPlansToday smile

I had a message last night from DD. A child in my 9 year old DGD's class has tested positive. So DGD has to isolate for 2 weeks! That means Dad cannot work (he is self employed). They took her for a test last night as she had a headache, and although not an official symptom, some people have reported that it can be. So fingers crossed she will be negative. Hopefully find out today or tomorrow.

I still think a phone call to your GP today is in order Mick

Pleased your DD is slowly on the mend Urmston, I know what she means by makeup, I have hardly worn any this last few months, especially eye makeup!

Perhaps a text this morning grandMattie to enquire about Iris?

Parnter is still fast asleep. Took him up a cuppa, but didn;t like to wake him.

Wishing you all a pleasant day

brook2704 Mon 07-Dec-20 07:46:50

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a cold start to the day but hopefully staying dry.
I’m popping into town this morning for a few last bits of Christmas shopping and then a little walk down by the river - should keep me busy for a while.
Sark that sounds lovely - a hot tub and a wood burner, what more could you want!
Love the tree Christmas tree pictures this morning - thank you all , very festive - now I just need to play some Christmas music!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Beauregard Mon 07-Dec-20 07:47:00

Crossed posts Marydoll your tree is also lovely. And the nativity too.

kittylester Mon 07-Dec-20 07:55:24

Good morning all from a misty and cold North Leicestershire.

We have to drop a present round to our sort of dilemma this morning. Hopefully, we will see our Covid warrior who said his brain was like scrambled egg yesterday. And he has only had one message from work.

I also had a wreath kit delivered yesterday - that should be fun as I am the least crafty person ever!

Loving all the trees etc - the house opposite us is giving Blackpool a run for it's money. grin

Gingster Mon 07-Dec-20 07:57:25

Good morning all and it’s foggy here in Essex.

grandmattie I’m sure you will hear of Iris’ s progress In good time. I expect they’re are so busy having her home, they probably haven’t got a minute to think about phoning. How about a text message ‘ how are things? ‘.
urms I love your stick tree and look how many cards you have already. ?.

Ashcombe what a good idea to get a ‘thin tree’ which doesn’t take up the whole room. Looks lovely! ?.

Sark a dip in the hot tub sounds gorgeous. A few years back we went away for a few days in a cottage in the woods. We sat in the hot tub beneath the stars and it snowed. Magical!

Mick you must make an appointment with GP. The nurse will only take blood. A quick in and out visit. You need to talk to the doc. PLEASE!

I phoned my elderly SIL yesterday and she’s had a couple of falls. Couldn’t get up from the last one and pressed her ‘help button’ . The paramedics came and were brilliant. Got her up and comfy, made her tea and a sandwich, checked her over. It’s started the ball rolling with district nurse, occupational therapist etc. She’s fiercely independent and won’t ask for help. She’s in Suffolk, so I can only help out when we are there. A bit like your situation with your neighbour Urmstongran , I feel as though I have abandoned her. ?

Two GC ‘s off school now because a pupil has tested positive in their year. They are both in Year 10 so studying for their GCSE’s . What a hopeless situation for them. Eldest GD back at Uni for a week and then home until goodness knows when !.

Wishing you all a cosy day u doors. Don’t go out unless you have to. ??