Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Mon 07-Dec-20 06:21:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks cold and foggy here in Brackley .
Today a quite day in housework and nothing apart from watching TV planned .
I have a blood test tomorrow as to my diabetes, but hoping that it may reveal other conditions .
Take Care,
Mick

Gelisajams Mon 07-Dec-20 09:46:48

Good morning from a cold dry Morecambe Bay. Just off to pick up my Sainsburys click and collect. I can’t get a delivery now presumably til after Christmas but at least I’ve got click and collects booked so I don’t have to go in store.
Last night I ordered a subscription gift for DS3. I paid by PayPal but when I got my PayPal confirmation it looks as though they have taken out double payment. My order shows an invoice for one so the mistake isn’t with the ordering. I’ve sent a query to PayPal and I await an answer. I got quite worked up last night when I realised.
First world problems! Take care and stay safe everyone ?

GrannySomerset Mon 07-Dec-20 09:53:04

Very late today as we were drawn in by the snooker and were therefore not in bed till well after midnight. Not that it matters as the diary for this week is completely blank and it will be a case of finding things to do. Disinfecting the bird feeders is a possibility, as is making the first batch of mince pies to check that the mincemeat is up to standard, but other than that I can see I shall be having to entertain DH as he no longer thinks of things to do for himself. Wonder how he would feel about cleaning the silver? Perhaps not!

gillgran Mon 07-Dec-20 10:10:42

Good Morning to you all from a very foggy Cambs.,

Pleased you are taking it easy Mick, look after yourself.

I'm enjoying the festive photos, thank you.
I really did make a start on my Christmas cards yesterday, after a shaky beginning, I did well, hope to finish them today....

We enjoyed the Grand Prix on the TV last night, good to see another British driver do well. Of course he should have done even better if he hadn't been unlucky..!!
I am a little biased, as the young George Russell is local(ish), to here.

Take Care Folks

LauraNorder Mon 07-Dec-20 10:14:54

Good morning Mick and all from dry but chilly Anglesey. Scaffolding gone and upper floor windows free of blue plastic, hoping the ground floor reveals can be finished soon so that we can get the windows cleared and opened in time for Christmas. Want to put the tree in front of the window this year to spread a little cheer.
I love all your trees and decorations and I really like the bottle dressing baubles, what lovely neighbours you have.
Sorry I missed your birthday Pantglas, sounds as though it was very pleasant.
Hope you hear news of Iris soon grandMattie to put your mind at rest. She does sound like a very brave little girl and obviously all our hearts have gone out to her.
Sorry that some of you are suffering so much pain, heartache for others. Some just plain old down in the dumps.
I wish you all a good day

Scentia Mon 07-Dec-20 10:22:09

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is cold and damp.
Just a quick hello as I am on my tea break and been in work since 4.30. It’s good we are busy so I don’t mind the early start and it means I get to go hone early so I can watch Christmas Movies this afternoon.
Thame care GM friends and look after yourselves.xx

EllanVannin Mon 07-Dec-20 10:24:35

Good Morning All x.
Still and cold with streaks of brightness in the sky so not too bad a morning.

Have got the white washing on which is coming to an end after nearly a couple of hours and although there's no drying out I like to hang the towels in the air for a while. Crumpets are devoured so I'll give the bathroom a doing today just to show there's no ill-feeling.

Won't be going far because of deliveries so I'll be making more room for them in my bedroom----a bit of a re-shuffle.

How lovely to see all the trees here, it does brighten things up. Love the twig, Urmston, a lovely glow.

My word I enjoyed my turkey dinner yesterday, it went down a treat----trimmings and all. Surprising how a small piece of breast can produce the same enjoyment as a Christmas dinner.

Mick, I hope you say something about how you've been feeling, you don't want to be ill over Christmas.

I hope Iris is continuing to make progress. Children soon bounce back.

Hope all are well and staying safe and warm.

Cats are playing musical chairs this morning. I've moved chairs twice so far as my usual armchair was taken up by Suzi who was lying at the back of me and slowly pushed her legs so that I ended up perched on a couple of inches of chair. Then after I moved she got off and is now on the settee. Worse than children.

Anyway take care everyone, thoughts to Gilly toughing it out x.

Blossoming Mon 07-Dec-20 10:33:21

Good morning all, was raining here in Lancashire early on but blue skies now.

Loving all the Christmas trees ?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 07-Dec-20 10:34:34

Morning all from a misty South Notts. Hope to venture out for a little drive soon.

Sat up late with the knitting so I will try to post a picture of the completed 'sacrificial' sock which is not perfect but will act as a template for the real thing. The leg could do with being two or three inches longer but the foot part fits rather nicely. I think the next one will be better in rib. I have deliberately cropped the toe off as I haven't sewn it up.

Hope today is good for those with worries or sadness.

Taichinan Mon 07-Dec-20 10:36:00

Good morning everyone. It's a brightish greyish day here on the Angus coast. Last night we had a spectacular sunset - it was so nice to have a sun to set!! Loving all the Christmas tree photos - not to mention a nativity and a stash of ??????! I'm still debating - tree or no tree, as it's just for me. It might materialise - you never know!

NannyJan I join you in the change of name. How does Taichinoplansnan sound? A bit cumbersome perhaps? Actually I do have a plan to get to the garden centre - I chickened out over the weekend as I was sure it would be too crowded for me. Today there shouldn't be too many folks around, but the shelves may well be bare. Hey ho. The only makeup I wear these days - and then only when I'm going out - is my eyeliner, so I know just how your DD feels, Urms. Glad she's now well enough to return to work.

Nannytopsy I loved your 'froggy frosty' day, even tho I think it was probably a typo! And what a lot of fog abounds on GNland this morning. Fog + Frost = Lethal, so take care out there.

Time to get the waggon rolling, but before I do my message to Mick is the same as everyone else's. I can understand that you don't want to be a nuisance at this time, but prevention really is so much better than the need for a cure. Sending love and hugs and ? to those in pain and poorly. Put the ? in place and have the best day you can. ?

Taichinan Mon 07-Dec-20 10:38:35

Sorry, forgot to add my sunset photo from last night. Still can't believe the colour!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 07-Dec-20 10:49:24

Love the bottle cover Baubles.

LauraNorder Mon 07-Dec-20 11:05:15

Wow *Taichinan what an amazing photo.

Grandmafrench Mon 07-Dec-20 11:17:33

Wonderful end of day photo, Tai. How about changing to TaichinanO’Plan ? You must have scarily high standards, *lovebeige if that’s a starter sock. It looks really good. Have a fun day busy doing busy....if you see what I mean. ?

Stilllearning Mon 07-Dec-20 11:29:43

Morning from a misty S Lanarkshire. Read yesterday’s post last evening and want to compliment Taichinan and NannyJan on their talented grandchildren, one budding and one flowering, such lovely pictures.
Re the outdoor decorations, my daughter lives in the same neck of the woods as you baubles and she says that in her ‘bit’ they are something to see, everyone has put their back into it this year! I’m looking forward to a tour!
I love your Nativity Marydoll, just perfect.
I’ll try to post a picture of my tree to join in the festive spirit this morning, wishing a good day to all

Feelingmyage55 Mon 07-Dec-20 11:52:02

Belated good morning from a very misty north of Scotland. I was outside at 7.30 clearing the snow from the paths as I was expecting a delivery early, which has still not arrived.
Just about to put up my twiggy tree that I had forgotten about. Lovely photos everyone. Have a calm afternoon.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 07-Dec-20 11:54:16

Good morning all from chilly Harrogate where the sun is trying to shine.
Mick you should contact your doc anyway, cause your diabetes nurse might not know there are other things to test for?
Have to confess I've no decorations up yet, still wading my way through writing xmas cards with no help at all!! Asked DH to add his email address to four cards I'd already written last evening. 'He's been too busy"!! That's checking his PC and the TV - I don't have time for such luxuries!

We woke up this am to find our wee dog had been sick and t'other end all round the living room. Thankfully DH attended to it, she's such a scrounger when out, heaven knows what she's eaten. But she's fine now.
Marydoll you'll be first in the queue for the vaccine with a bit of luck?
I hope I'll be 2nd!! The rest of you, get in line!!

I hope today brings hope and happiness to where it's needed

Auntieflo Mon 07-Dec-20 11:57:12

Good morning*Mick*, Annie and all. It started out quite 'froggy' (lovely word) here too, but is slowly clearing.
I do have a bit of energy this morning, so floors have been cleaned and the stairs G-tech'd. Robbie the robot vacuum, is doing his thing in the bedrooms, and the dishwasher is on, as DH says we are running out of cups/mugs.
My back was none too good yesterday, and I was asleep during the afternoon, when DD rang, so missed a chat. But after all the talk of lamb, roasted or otherwise, that's what we had for dinner last night, and very nice it was too.
Now one of the lights in the kitchen, is literally, on the blink, and it's driving me mad. So a trip out to replace it I think.
Grandmattie, Hope the news of Iris is still good, when you hear from DD.
Hope you are feeling a bit better now Harrigran, take it easy.
Mick, do as you are advised and see your GP, we need to know that you are fit and well.
Thanks for all who post photos, they are lovely to look at and be nosy
I have put a picture of my Christmas, crocheted figures,( before they were given a stable.). They are made around those little yogurt bottles, and so are 'one size fits all' sort of thing.
Thinking of our absent Gilly, and wishing all those with troubles, and those I have missed, an easy, stress free day.
Have a good day one and all.

Auntieflo Mon 07-Dec-20 12:01:24

Here they are in their shoe box stable

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 07-Dec-20 12:16:13

I’m on my way, Urms !

Llamedos13 Mon 07-Dec-20 13:29:13

How many of you scrolled back to see what was under Urms table? I know I did.

Urmstongran Mon 07-Dec-20 15:40:08

???
Definitely understandable!

LauraNorder Mon 07-Dec-20 15:44:52

Has Urms ever told us how much her flat is worth? Especially as there is valuable and tasty treasure hidden about the place.
Yes Llamedos13 of course I did.

Urmstongran Mon 07-Dec-20 15:55:33

?