Gransnet forums

Chat

Is this normal?

(53 Posts)
greeneyes57 Fri 11-Dec-20 10:28:31

My adult daughter asked me to come to her place at 2pm till 9pm to look after her son. I arrived 15 minutes earlier as I had to take a different way .When I got to her place I apologised for being early, and she said that "this was not the plan, she is now frazzled and was angry that I did not respect her. She said" next time wait in the car if you are early". So I went and sat outside for 15 minutes as i felt uncomfortable and felt I was in the way. I was upset and told her how I felt. Then a fight started, she was screaming in my face and said I was .....crazy. Then she told me to leave. I just can't believe this all happened because of arriving early. Its not normal behavior. She is stressed with her job and is always busy, but that is no reason to take it out on me.

25Avalon Tue 15-Dec-20 09:15:02

Wouldn’t it be simpler just to phone when you arrive and say you are early, is it OK to come in?

That’s not to say she was right. No way should she have treated you the way she did and not in front of gs. You are obviously having to walk on eggshells. I am just trying to think how you could diffuse the situation. Have you tried abject apology and the phrase ‘I understand’ in a sympathetic voice. It might make her feel worm like and realise how awful she has been without any aggro on your part.

greeneyes57 Tue 15-Dec-20 20:26:59

I think you have hit the nail on the head BlueBelle with your analyzing of her character.