Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Wed 16-Dec-20 06:14:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its a dry start with a bit of wind here in Brackley this morning .
Yesterday , was somewhat a change of plan , due to the current situation as to getting my haircut on site so to speak , it was one person at a time , I had originally planned to go to Bicester .
The other , was my items of beer and German food , which was scheduled to arrive by DHL between 0800 and 1400 , this did not happen so I contacted them and DHL using Facebook and Twitter , and got a email with a number on it, which could tell me what my number was as to delivery and how far the driver had got up to my given number , it eventually arrived at 1745 , as it was perishable goods , I unpacked asap , placing food items in the freezer , box also contained ice packs as well, plus 2021 calendar, all the way from Dartford , genuine German food which after 31st December will see a massive price increase .
Take Care ,
Mick

Scentia Wed 16-Dec-20 06:24:47

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels mild
So glad you food was still ok Mick
Today I am meeting my DSiS in a car park to exchange presents then I am collecting DGS as DD has appointments this afternoon, I will take him to the park.
The factory is mega busy from now until Friday do I am grateful for still getting my day off. I may be distracted from now until the weekend!
I had a test yesterday as our councillor has asked everyone to get one fo I dutifully went along and await my results. DH will have his at his DF nursing home on Monday.
Take care everyone and stay safe, hopefully Boris doesn’t upset us all too much today?

grandMattie Wed 16-Dec-20 06:24:51

Good morning from a dark E Kent.
Shame about your parcel, but sounds brilliant now it has actually arrived, Mick.
I wish I could sleep. I’ve half made my Christmas cake, put one load of washing in the machine, the other to dry... all before 0600!
News of Iris is brilliant. It was multidisciplinary. Physio is very happy, says since Friday she can move her leg herself, just needs reminding. The stitches are soluble, hydrotherapy after Xmas. Her bone is growing, which is one of the big problems. The leg has straightened from 45 to 38 degrees to the horizontal in 11 days! All in all, excellent progress.
I ph these 11 days, I have finished altering 15 pairs of knickers, made one skirt and 3 pairs of trousers, half way through a 4th and final pair - denim with tiger skin print pockets and hem!
My foray to get my new glasses was disappointing p. They were in the “other shop”, did I want to pick them up from there? Certainly not!!! So I’m going again this morning. Wish me luck - 3rd time lucky!
Hope everyone is doing ok, or will have a gentle day. Stay safe. X

grandMattie Wed 16-Dec-20 06:26:07

I ph = in !?

Dwmxwg Wed 16-Dec-20 06:28:48

Good morning from a milder north Surrey. Glad it’s a few degrees “warmer” for outdoor PT session. Glad your parcel finally arrived Mick
Good news of the negative tests yesterday. GrandMattie hope Iris’s appointment went well.
Marydoll a very insightful comment about other GM’s undisclosed worries.
Had a lovely little meet up in garden centre with DGDs, they do change so quickly and the baby was giving me lots of gummy smiles. Short but sweet time with them.
PT this morning and then a visit to mum and dad, mum not picking up well from recent UTI, and dad worries when she is unwell. Hope this morning finds them a bit better.
DGSs night tonight, their last day at school tomorrow.
Wishing all the best day, stay safe

Dwmxwg Wed 16-Dec-20 06:31:39

Crossed posts GrandMattie, brilliant news of Iris. My you have been busy already this morning. What a pain re your glasses

cornergran Wed 16-Dec-20 06:42:53

Morning Mick, ironing All. Rain battering the window woke me, it’s very windy out there. Hope it eases before this mornings click and collect or we’ll get back like drowned rats. Well done Iris, you must be so relieved grandMattie, you’ve certainly had a busy sewing time, they are lucky to have you. Other than thr grocery collection it’s dust removal day here, don’t actually mind that as I enjoy seeing tidy clean rooms, even if just for a few minutes grin. Take care everyone, stay safe. As ever thinking of those with heavy hearts.

baubles Wed 16-Dec-20 06:47:47

Good morning Mick, morning all from S Lanarkshire where I can hear rain and wind so I’m in no rush to get up. Glad your delivery turned up Mick.

Delighted to hear that Iris is doing so well grandMattie. Hope your folks are ok today dwm.

We are doing the school pick up this afternoon for DD for the first time in a month, looking forward to seeing the children for a little while.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Bellasnana Wed 16-Dec-20 06:56:51

Good morning from Malta. It feels a bit chilly but will warm up as the day goes on.

I’m still a bag of nerves since having my card hacked. I have a doctors appointment this morning for other issues, then later an appointment with the notary to get some documents certified. These are required by my bank in the UK who I have been with since I opened my first account when I was 18, but they need proof of my identity. Just another hassle I could do without.

So glad to hear Iris is making such a good recovery. Good luck with your glasses grandMattie.

Glad your delivery arrived eventually Mick. I sat in waiting for the delivery of a new bed for my dog Buzz yesterday. They called to say it would be at around noon. Then I got another call saying the item was damaged so they would not be delivering after all. No follow up so I’m a bit suspicious that they might be at the root of my card hacking.

Anyway, sorry to be a misery. I feel about as down as one can get.
Wishing you all the best day possible.☀️

Beechnut Wed 16-Dec-20 07:00:37

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it looks very wet.

Very good news for Iris and all the family Mattie.
Today I will do the finishing off of jobs I have started and tidy up. I also want to get something put together for my front door. I being inspired by all the Christmassy things on here.

I wonder what today will bring....in the meantime stay safe and well ?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 16-Dec-20 07:10:59

Good morning Mick and all

Pleased your parcel eventually arrived Mick and you are now all smart with your haircut!

Iris seems to be doing brilliantly GrandMattie

It’s still dark here in S E Essex, we had the 5yr old stay sleep over last night, he is now bouncing around like tigger as it’s school Christmas jumper day and it’s all we can do to persuade him not to put it on over his pjs!

Waiting to hear from the gym as apparently personal training sessions are still allowed even though we are now in Tier 3, anything to keep a sort of routine and normality in these worrying times.

Thinking of all our friends with worries and ills, so grateful for this GM thread this year along with soops it really is the best of Gransnet!!!

Keep safe and well folks ???

Beauregard Wed 16-Dec-20 07:11:50

Good morning all from Derbyshire where it's currently dry.

It's my brothers funeral this morning. The two wreaths I made yesterday turned out well and I was pleased with the results. It's only my second attempt so it's a relief they were alright. We delivered them yesterday afternoon as its an early funeral today.

Later i'll do something with the remaining flowers, perhaps make a Christmas table decoration. I also picked some holly from the garden yesterday, so will hopefully make the door wreath too.

I'm so glad Iris is making such good progress grandMattie

Hope everyone is feeling well today.

Beauregard Wed 16-Dec-20 07:14:33

Bellasnana flowers

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Dec-20 07:18:12

Good morning all from S Hants, dark, a bit chilly, heating just kicked in.
grandMattie good news for Iris, annoying for your glasses. Bellasnana understandably still feeling a bit jittery, have a gentle day.
Well I got my stuffing made yesterday, now in the fridge and DH has said he’d like to wrap presents with me at the weekend, that’s a welcome help. Two friends did very swift garden visits to deliver cards yesterday, viewing the kitchen through the patio doors, one of them brought a lovely poinsettia, I’ll try not to kill this one. Which means, apart from a quick dust and swoosh around our en suite I have a quiet day. We have rain forecast, so I’ll nip out when possible as OH needs toothpaste, how exciting! Sausages for tea, usually chicken, but pork tonight.
Wishing you all a day of some joy.

Bellasnana Wed 16-Dec-20 07:22:10

Beauregard I’m so sorry about your sad day today, but how clever you are to have made the wreaths. Thinking of you.?

Ashcombe Wed 16-Dec-20 07:23:48

Good morning, Mick and everyone, from a very wet and windy Torbay!

What uplifting news, grandMattie about Iris! It must be such a relief to all of the family and the medical team. Your gift for sewing is such a blessing, too!

My thoughts are with you today, Beauregard. ?

Bellasnana: it is horrid when your card is cloned but I hope you can try to put it behind you. Is it possible to share your concerns with your doctor? The dog bed delay is probably unconnected to the card issue. I expect your feelings of unease will gradually fade.

Mick: I’m glad your parcel arrived eventually. The delivery companies are having a bumper year! DD1 sent me a hamper last week and, despite its weight, it was hand delivered by my lovely, smiley, young postman! He has more than earned his Christmas box!

Have a good day, everyone. I’m off to “Move It or Lose It” again!

NanKate Wed 16-Dec-20 07:27:50

Morning Mick and All.

Dark and cloudy in South Bucks.

What great news of Iris she is improving ?

Off to have a scan today which should be pretty quick only problem is I have to drink a litre of water beforehand ! Fortunately I’m allowed to use the facilities before the procedure. I know too much information.

When you see the Doctor today Bellasnana could you also add that you are feeling very stressed. He/she may be able to give you something short term to help. ?

NanKate Wed 16-Dec-20 07:29:36

Beauregard you are in my thoughts today. ?

Sar53 Wed 16-Dec-20 07:39:30

Good morning everyone from a dry Essex by the sea, it's still a bit early to know what the weather is likely to be today.
Great to hear good news about Iris. Beauregard, ? for you today.
Supermarket shopping here this morning and that is the highlight of our day.
We are now in Tier 3 but for us nothing much will change. I very much miss seeing my family but, after a chat with DD1 yesterday, we realised it will probably be well into next year before we can see each other. It makes me feel very sad.
I hope you all have the best Wednesday you can xx

Pittcity Wed 16-Dec-20 07:51:56

Good morning from a pink skied Colchester.
DH is cooking breakfast before he goes fishing. I am in 2 minds about whether to go to our weekly coffee meetup as we have to sit outdoors and it's a bit windy out which is bringing the temperature down. I might settle for a walk instead.
Love to all xx

Pantglas2 Wed 16-Dec-20 07:55:43

Oh dear.....norty LauraNorder has sent me lashings of ☔️ ? which is why I’m still lolling abed!

Lovely news about little Iris on the mend GrandMattie! Sad day for you Beauregard ? hope things go smoothly x

Some leek and potato soup ? to be made this morning- just the thing for orrible wevver!

Fond memories for you GwenIsGreat of Llandudno area - my DD and a brother live there so I pop along quite often and do most if my shopping there as well.

A good day for all please, whatever you’re up to x

Urmstongran Wed 16-Dec-20 08:01:01

Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy South Manchester. Complete slate grey cloud cover. Never mind, I’m cosy sat here drinking my cuppa, grateful to be so. Himself is still snoozing. He has to go out in a couple of hours’ time for a routine dental check up.

Glad we decided to get a Christmas tree yesterday while it was sunny and dry especially as it goes out on our balcony! It was already mounted on a block of wood. At least putting outdoor lights on it was easy in the dry weather. I took this photo last night at 6pm. As we live in the town centre above the shops I think Christmas lights are nice to share.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Like you GG13 I love this thread and have started to post on soops. Perhaps us GMorningers should decamp over there in the late afternoon/early evening? It would be lovely to see a few of us join them there.
?

Sorry to hear your parents are having a difficult time Dxm (I find your user name difficult to remember as the letters won’t stick in my brain they seem too random! I can’t make them into a sentence!). ? for you on this sad today Beauregard.

Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Lins1066 Wed 16-Dec-20 08:02:55

Good morning Mick and all. Dry and windy here on the S Welsh coast. Mr Lins has just returned from walking the puppy and he said the sea was very rough and crashing over the sea wall. We will take wreaths to family graves this morning as the forecast is poor for the next few days. A Sainsburys delivery later.
Excellent news about Iris. I will be thinking of you today * Beauregard* ? Take care everyone and stay safe.

Lins1066 Wed 16-Dec-20 08:05:48

What a beautiful tree Urm and your balcony looks fab ?

Nannytopsy Wed 16-Dec-20 08:09:23

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Wet and windy in Suffolk this morning.
Good news about Iris and we shall be thinking of you Beauregard.
I have the dentist this morning, which I am not looking forward to. I get a bit panicky when laid so far back. Two big fillings. ?.
Click and collect this afternoon.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.