Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Wed 16-Dec-20 06:14:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its a dry start with a bit of wind here in Brackley this morning .
Yesterday , was somewhat a change of plan , due to the current situation as to getting my haircut on site so to speak , it was one person at a time , I had originally planned to go to Bicester .
The other , was my items of beer and German food , which was scheduled to arrive by DHL between 0800 and 1400 , this did not happen so I contacted them and DHL using Facebook and Twitter , and got a email with a number on it, which could tell me what my number was as to delivery and how far the driver had got up to my given number , it eventually arrived at 1745 , as it was perishable goods , I unpacked asap , placing food items in the freezer , box also contained ice packs as well, plus 2021 calendar, all the way from Dartford , genuine German food which after 31st December will see a massive price increase .
Take Care ,
Mick

Grandmafrench Wed 16-Dec-20 13:10:07

Hmmm! Bet you're only saying that because you'll get cake, Laura !!!!! Do please continue to post here when you can. Have you not noticed now that sometimes this thread goes on into the afternoon and you don't have to post every day, but we'd miss you - and Pants would probably feel pretty foolish with no one to blame for her rotten weather days. grin

But you're not letting anyone down, that's the lovely thing about nice threads: you can do as you like. Take care and keep the glass half full if you can. I think if someone can say they don't have down days, then they're probably telling porky pies!

Keep safe - I've taken that cake, thanks. If I see you in the Kitchen, I may ask you to step away from the cake/sausage rolls/brownie/hot chocs and marshmallows etc., Empty worktops do nothing for me........

Auntieflo Wed 16-Dec-20 13:14:07

Well the first one disappeared, so try again. Apologies and Good Afternoon, * Mick*, Annie and all.

I didn't feel too good early on, so have been sitting here finishing off some knitting. I have also ordered a new mattress.
DH had rather raised eyebrows, but he knows me too well.
A friend called to deliver a prezzie and tell me her woes re the boiler and hot water cylinder. All sorted now, thank goodness.
I was going to make fondant icing for the christmas cake, but found that I only have half a packet of icing sugar. So a trip to the shop, but perhaps tomorrow.
Lovely to hear ongoing good news of Iris. It reminds me so much of when DD was 7 and in plaster from waist to toes, both legs, and in a frame that kept her rigid. Bless them , they don't complain, do they?
Oh gosh, thought I was going to lose this one as well, so will end up now, with thoughts to Beauregard
Also to any Others in the sick bay at the moment.
Have a good day one and all.

Urmstongran Wed 16-Dec-20 13:55:35

I’ve taken the ☕️ thank you LauraNorder and am enjoying it now, sat on my bed doing not much really (apart from very important surfing on here).
#lazygran

Please don’t leave GM for soops!
It doesn’t have to be an either/or. We’d miss you.
Do both! I’m going to anyway as both threads are a comfort.

Pantglas2 Wed 16-Dec-20 14:07:10

Just popping back to offer LauraNorder one of my Aber Falls Orange Marmalade Gin cocktail?wot I will be partaking thereof this evening to lift her spirits ...tee hee!

I don’t always post each morning but do read all posts and keep up with folks news, good, bad and middling!

It’s such a lovely uplifting thread with folks wishing each other well as we all go through tough times don’t we? Keep popping in as and when is my motto?

Megs36 Wed 16-Dec-20 14:17:40

Hello Urmstongran, I’ve been posting (lurking) on GM for years intermittently, I live in the SE, Home Counties, weather wet and windy today, house worth....beyond price??. I have often mentioned my husbands and my health problems but really of no interest to anyone, just this weeks results such a relief because this last year like most people we have been largely ignored I felt I needed to mention them.

Urmstongran Wed 16-Dec-20 14:32:38

Ah, thanks Megs for update! I don’t think I’ve spotted you on here before but that doesn’t mean much! It’s nice to ‘place’ people and hear what their weather is like. I like Alygran’s posts as our eldest daughter lives in North Yorkshire - good to know what’s happening over those Pennines!

Remember the days when this thread was all wrapped up by noon? Posts but very rarely comments. I like it much better these days. More interesting. Friendlier somehow.
?